Injection pain, swelling, brusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoMane

Hey guys. Hope all is well. Thursday I pinned my right side glute. Friday I noticed some pain and swelling. No redness just a decent amount of hard tight swelling and pain. Nothing unbearable but painful. I didn't eat a lot that day and was running off no sleep. Felt a little sick but I don't think a fever. I even went to the bars Friday night felt fine and haven't felt sick sense. I massaged Friday evening and I believe now on Sunday the swelling has gone down even though it is still painful. There is some yellow bruising around the site where I massaged hard and injected. I haven't felt sick besides 35 minutes on Friday. I did flex my cheek while the pin was in. I don't know why but I just did. Didn't hurt at the time. It also shot out a lot of blood when I pulled the needle out. Idk what to do. Nervous and hope it's not infected.

Hey guys. Hope all is well. Thursday I pinned my right side glute. Friday I noticed some pain and swelling. No redness just a decent amount of hard tight swelling and pain. Nothing unbearable but painful. I didn't eat a lot that day and was running off no sleep. Felt a little sick but I don't think a fever. I even went to the bars Friday night felt fine and haven't felt sick sense. I massaged Friday evening and I believe now on Sunday the swelling has gone down even though it is still painful. There is some yellow bruising around the site where I massaged hard and injected. I haven't felt sick besides 35 minutes on Friday. I did flex my cheek while the pin was in. I don't know why but I just did. Didn't hurt at the time. It also shot out a lot of blood when I pulled the needle out. Idk what to do. Nervous and hope it's not infected.

What length and gauge is the needle you used ?

You did all the standard issue basics like swabbing the stopper with alcohol, wiping the injection site before and after the injection so on and so forth ?

What are you pinning, is it pharmaceutical, have you pinned it before, is this the first time you got sore after ?

Did you look at the tip of the needle ? They are not always perfect and sometimes get damaged and hooked causing it to tear the muscle tissue.

Don't massage the sore area. Makes things worse.
You're stabbing yourself, tearing flesh- it's gonna hurt, especially if you move whilst pinning. A steady hand and practice will alleviate most or all the pain.
Nothing to worry about unless it's red and/or warm to the touch. These are the signs of infection along with fever. Bruising is nothing to worry about.
And as already stated, don't flex your ass when the needle is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back