Injection saftey & technique: Questions and Answers

Austinite

Introduction

Since lately every other thread seems to be about injections, PIP, etc... I figure it's a good time to post a Questions and Answers type thread. I think I'll be able to cover just about every darn question I've seen on the forums, if not, feel free to ask. Now let's count how many already answered questions are asked in 100 different ways, lol. If you have any questions just ask in this thread. If you have a question about a specific topic in this thread, please reference the post # above. I'll add more to the list below as you ask questions so let's get started...

Injections: Tips, Tricks, Questions and Answers:

1. Draw your injectable gear with a large bore needle. I use an 18 gauge.
-- This will help you so that drawing doesn't take forever. 18 to 20 gauge are perfect for drawing.

2. Avoid using the same needle to draw and inject.
-- Needle tips get dull after the first puncture. Using that same needle will not be as smooth as a fresh one.

3. Inject with a 23 gauge of higher.
-- 23 to 25 gauge seems to be ideal for most oil based compounds. Some use higher gauge, I just don't have the patience.

4. One inch needle is plenty for all injection sites.
-- With the exception of the glutes, which could use a 1.5". But even a 1 inch in glutes works.

5. Worried about gear left in the pin? Leave a small bit of air in the barrel before injecting.
-- Use that air bubble to inject the remaining oil in the needle. Don't panic, air will not hurt you.

6. Run hot water over your vial or barrel.
-- Hot water will help with viscosity and allow for a smoother injection.

7. Keep your hand as steady as possible.
-- Tip of needle is like a blade, too much movement will butcher the muscle and cause PIP.

8. Inject slowly and at take breaks.
-- Inject very slowly. Stop for a couple seconds and continue several times. This will also help prevent the 'cough'.

9. Never use alcohol wipes on the needle itself.
-- I've heard of people doing this. Not a good idea, ever. It's already sterile.

10. Aspirate everywhere except SubQ, even in the delt.
-- Always verify you're not in a vein by aspirating. Even in the delts. Do not aspirate when injecting SubQ.

11. Relax and never ever flex the muscle while injecting or inserting.
-- Relax your muscle as much as possible and do not pinch the skin either.

12. What do I do if I aspirate blood?
-- Pull out, and inject elsewhere. Blood and all.

13. Some oil came out after I removed the needle, should I be worried?
-- It's a drop or 2. Don't worry. Google the "Z-Track Injection" method if you're that concerned.

14. Do I insert the needle fast or slow?
-- SubQ injection can be darted in. Muscle injections at a fair pace. Under 2 seconds for 1" needle.

15. Blood spurted out, am I going to die?
-- No, relax. Always be prepared to cover the injection site. You'll clot just fine.

16. How many times do I have to wipe the injection site with alcohol?
-- Once is plenty. Lots of people like doing it twice, doesn't hurt either way.

17. How do I avoid hitting a nerve?
-- Sciatic nerve is easy to avoid. Just hit the outer quadrant of the glute. Others are hit or miss.

18. I'm trying to inject the oil but the plunger is stuck and it won't move.
-- You're probably inside scar tissue. Relocate your site.

19. How do you inject the bicep properly?
-- Biggest mistake is going in through the peak. Go in from the side, top down.

20. What are injection sites you use?
-- Pecs, Delts, Triceps, Biceps, Quads, Traps, glutes, Lats. Avoid calves at all costs!

21. Do I have to wipe the top of the vial vigorously?
-- No, not at all. Alcohol kills anything on contact. Just make sure you cover the area with a couple wipes.

22. What if I don't have alcohol wipes? What else can I use?
-- I don't even know how anyones runs out of these, but you can use hydrogen peroxide.

23. Can I mix compounds into the same barrel and inject?
-- Yes, anything injectable can be combined. Oil and water can be combined in the same barrel, too. You'll have a nice lava lamp injection.

24. What do I use for SubQ Injections?
-- Use an insulin syringe. If using water based such as hCG or B12, use 30 gauge or higher. For oil, 27 gauge. I use 5/16" to half inch.

25. How often can I inject the same spot?
-- Rotation rotation rotation. Always rotate sites. I never like to it the same spot for at least 7 days.

26. Should I pinch the skin for a SubQ injection?
-- If you're not that lean, you don't need to. If you're pretty lean, you might need to. No big deal either way.

27. Can I preload syringes for later use?
-- You could, but depending on the compound, it could eat at the plastic barrel, then you're injecting plastic.

28. What can I do about PIP (Post Injection Pain)
-- First, locate your gonads. Next, I don't believe in PIP. You just have discomfort. See #6 for 90% of the cause.

29. My muscle is spasming when I put the needle in, why?
-- Probably touched a nerve. Relocate the site if it's spasming too much.

30. Can I reuse the same needle for my next injection?
-- No way, Jose. Forget about it. That has infection written all over it. They're too cheap to attempt this.

31. The oil in my vial became cloudy, did it crash?
-- Yes, it crashed. You can probably fix it by heating it. See the Lab section for tips.

32. If I'm drawing from 2 vials, how do I inject air into both if I already drew gear into the barrel?
-- Umm. Inject air into one and don't draw from it first.

33. Will air bubbles kill me if I inject them?
-- No. You'd have to inject astronomical amounts of air. We're talking 100's of CC's to kill a man.

34. How much volume can I inject at once?
-- Depends on the size of the muscle. Most can easily hold 3CC. Quads and glutes can hold more. SubQ, no more than 0.6ml.

35. As I'm injecting, I'm started to sweat and getting kind of dizzy.
-- Abort the injection and sit down. That's called Vasovagal Response and could lead to Syncope (Fainting).

36. Anything I can use to numb the area before I inject?
-- Again, locate gonads. But you can put an ice pack on the area for 30 seconds. Be sure to swab it AFTER the ice pack.

37. I injected in my quad, but I feel discomfort in my knees now, what's the deal?
-- Probably not deep enough in the muscle. Oil can leak and pool up elsewhere. Better hope it doesn't crash in you.

38. My injection site is red, swollen, hardened and/or warm, what is wrong?
-- Small chance it's infected. Most likely, poor injection technique. Again, refer to #6, that's your solution.

39. What happens if I hit bone with the needle?
-- Well, first of all, hit the nutrition section, you need to eat more. But it just feels funny, inject elsewhere.

40. How do I aspirate with one hand?
-- Put your index finger and thumb close up against the plunger where it meets the ears of the barrel and pinch back.

41. How much pressure do I need to aspirate?
-- Not much. If you're in a vein, blood would come gushing through with the slightest pressure.

42. I aspirated and a bubble appeared. What is that?
-- Just a vacuum that you created. No worries... carry on.

43. Where can I buy needles, alcohol swabs, etc...?
-- Our spronsor: http://www.rui-products.com/

Have a powerful day,

~ Austinite

Last edited:
whats the difference from subq and im? besides what your injecting into

SubQ absorbs slower and has less effect on E2. Ideal for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), not cycling. Anything over half of a CC subQ will cause a nasty painful lump.

ok, but suspension is fine right? im thinkin of saying good bye to orals and hello to suspension for kickstarts

Don't see the point in it. Maybe if I was a power lifter and hit it pre stage. Otherwise I have zero use for it. Not a fat of injecting 3 times a day either.

5. Leave a small bit of air in the barrel before injecting.
-- Use that air bubble to inject the remaining oil in the needle. Air will not hurt you.

i have never even thought about doing this... but its so smart...

5. Leave a small bit of air in the barrel before injecting.
-- Use that air bubble to inject the remaining oil in the needle. Air will not hurt you.

i have never even thought about doing this... but its so smart...

Don't let anything go to waste :)

another question, lets say you're shredded and your pinning glutes, would you be able to get away wit like 5/8th of an inch since theres litte to no fat?

another question, lets say you're shredded and your pinning glutes, would you be able to get away wit like 5/8th of an inch since theres litte to no fat?

Yes, no matter what you use it will get absorbed. But someone shredded will surely get into the muscle with a 5/8.

I got a tip a while back on injections from this forum that I think bears repeating. If you lightly tap various spots on your skin with the needle you will eventually find one that is numb. There are no nerves there and it is a good spot to inject.

I got a tip a while back on injections from this forum that I think bears repeating. If you lightly tap various spots on your skin with the needle you will eventually find one that is numb. There are no nerves there and it is a good spot to inject.

Yes!!! I can't believe I missed that. This is for subQ injections. Thank you Megatron.

Back