Injection site pain? Read this!

Thanks for a great post! I've just experienced PIP with my first injection, the symptoms followed your explanation of tissue irritation.

awesome thread. I am completely new to this forum. Just joined about an hour ago because I was looking for answers as to why my test E is so painful. I heard it was phenol, E2 and a bunch of other things but still haven't got it right. The other day I re filtered it cold and got most of the crystals out. I did a 1ml shot and it gave me no pain at all for about 5 hours then I got a sore spot. it didn't turn red or feel like there was a rock under my skin like it did last time so I know I got most of the crystals out. However it still got sore and a bit swollen. After reading this thread Im thinking its probably because I was an animal with the way I injected it. I think I caused the damage. I do still see some crystals in it though. So could that be some kind of contaminant? I don't think my powder source was that great. Smelled mighty fine though lol

It could be a number of things. Crystals mean there is a problem with the solvent. It could contain EO, or too much ba. If after filtering, its most likely one of these.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, on Friday I injected my quad with 1ml test prop / 1ml EQ. It was my first time injecting quad as I normally use my glutes. I used a blue needle to inject. It was so much easier then the glutes as I had good control over the needle and even / slow pressure on the plunger. I also heated the gear up first before injecting.

I used my upper / outer quad for the site. I felt great the whole of Friday, by the evening I felt a small pain in my knee (right side) nowhere close to the injection site. By Saturday morning I couldnt put pressure on my right leg as my knee was in so much pain and slightly swollen. It is now Monday and still no easing up on the pain.

I read somewhere that it could have been that I missed the muscle or my placement was bad. I followed the tutorials and guides and I feel I got the correct area. Also I read it could be the gear is not good quality but I have used the brand before without this problem when injecting my glutes.

I need to take another shot today but worried that if I do my left quad I wont be able to do my work as I will have 2 bad legs....

Has anyone experienced this and can they help me understand why its happened and what needs to be done to prevent it from happening again. Are there any techniques to get rid of this pain?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
test prop usually will have more pain with it, one of the down sides of it. With the more frequent injections you better learn to use a lot of site to rotate, delts, qlutes, quads should give you enough to bare the PIP

Practice makes perfect...the more you pin the better you'll get

awesome thread. I am completely new to this forum. Just joined about an hour ago because I was looking for answers as to why my test E is so painful. I heard it was phenol, E2 and a bunch of other things but still haven't got it right. The other day I re filtered it cold and got most of the crystals out. I did a 1ml shot and it gave me no pain at all for about 5 hours then I got a sore spot. it didn't turn red or feel like there was a rock under my skin like it did last time so I know I got most of the crystals out. However it still got sore and a bit swollen. After reading this thread Im thinking its probably because I was an animal with the way I injected it. I think I caused the damage. I do still see some crystals in it though. So could that be some kind of contaminant? I don't think my powder source was that great. Smelled mighty fine though lol

Sounds like there may have not been enough or a good enough solvent in there. It crashed. It will do that if it gets cold too.

I know this is an old thread but oh well.

I have only done a virgin cycle prior to this cycle. This time I am using the same as my virgin cycle 250mg test e a week.
So I shot my left leg, it was fine but then 2 days later it swelled a bit and hurt.
A week later I shot my right leg. I felt the needle hurting me all the way through my leg. Even though it was an orange needle and every milimeter hurt putting the needle in.
At start my leg had swelled and was a little warm. Two days later it became "zebra-like" red. Now it is day 5 and I still have this lump under my skin. It is not "puffy" or anything its still as hard as first day.
The reason I did not panic till now, is that the same thing happened to the other leg, but lot milder, so thought it would go away. But untill today it is still as hard as before and now it is becoming annoying to touch.

Am I in category 1 or category 3 lol..........

Also I grabbed my leg to start off with and got the needle in. Instead of letting go of my leg and getting the last bit of the neeedle in my leg, I just made a friend press it, because it had been so painful for me to get in. Also due to the swelling last week, I am thinking that my Test E had a higher BA.

Should I go to the doctor(as I really don't know if they will even be helping me or how they would react)

Thanks for posting this information. I've been using prescription grade testosterone cypionate for the past 5 years (.5ml once per week). But I retired and moved to the Philippines, and can't get that here so had to use a private supplier like most of you. My supplier did tell me this would happen though, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one this happens to. The question I have though is that I always inject in the thigh, and I would alternate between each thigh from week to week. Can I keep doing this or will my other thigh have the same reaction?

I know this is an old thread but oh well.

I have only done a virgin cycle prior to this cycle. This time I am using the same as my virgin cycle 250mg test e a week.
So I shot my left leg, it was fine but then 2 days later it swelled a bit and hurt.
A week later I shot my right leg. I felt the needle hurting me all the way through my leg. Even though it was an orange needle and every milimeter hurt putting the needle in.
At start my leg had swelled and was a little warm. Two days later it became "zebra-like" red. Now it is day 5 and I still have this lump under my skin. It is not "puffy" or anything its still as hard as first day.
The reason I did not panic till now, is that the same thing happened to the other leg, but lot milder, so thought it would go away. But untill today it is still as hard as before and now it is becoming annoying to touch.

Am I in category 1 or category 3 lol..........

Also I grabbed my leg to start off with and got the needle in. Instead of letting go of my leg and getting the last bit of the neeedle in my leg, I just made a friend press it, because it had been so painful for me to get in. Also due to the swelling last week, I am thinking that my Test E had a higher BA.

Should I go to the doctor(as I really don't know if they will even be helping me or how they would react)

did you find a doc to treat you? how the sides going?

Back