Injection site question- am I too close to the middle of the quad?

shuvool

I'm on TRT, I have my own thread about halfway down the page covering my major events over my journey to becoming whole again. Last couple of injections have been a little weird. I inject in my quads like my doc showed me, and the last 2 or 3 times it's felt really weird. Like the whole time the needle is in, it's almost like a mild electrical zap, but constant until I remove the needle, after which the feeling goes away. oddly enough, when I get this, there isn't even a drop of blood that comes back out of the spot where the needle went in. Is this normal or am I too close to the center of the quad? I'm injecting about a hand length above the knee and about half a hand width outward from the center, alternating legs every 5 days, 0.5ml per injection if that matters

Maybe a picture of where you are hitting it?

I get a feeling like that damn near everytime I inject my right quad, and about half the time when I get the left one. I have no idea what it is. I don't get it if I do it standing up. Again, no idea why, but less PIP that way too. Might be worth a try.

It's from coming in contact with a nerve. If you actually touch the nerve with the needle, you'll not only feel a much stronger shock, but your leg will jump as if it had a mind of its own.

I have a feeling that you're injecting too high on the quad, possibly moving into rectus femoris territory, when you want to stay in the vastus lateralis. Outside edge kind of like the shoulders on a tire is optimal - although there's always the chance of tangling with a nerve no matter where you pin.

My .02c :)

Back