Injured...anyone had this ?

Teutonic

Friday and Saturday, after a 2 day break I had 2 very heavy push day s .

Today I went to do a pull up and a piercing pain hit where my tricep s seated in back up high. A light lat pull-same thing.

I m no stranger to injury but this is a new one ?

I've done it doing heavy lat pulls. It was a sharp pain where the long head of the tricep meets outside of armpit. Guessing something was just strained pretty good whether I wasn't warmed up enough or what idk. Anyway just had to lay off of heavy pulls for a month or so. Plenty of msm helped too

Last edited:
That s what s got me stumped. I injured it doing 245 incline s plus ancil then the next day heavy d bell s and ancill s and today...can t pull on it...or do 1 push up where I can do 45-60 in 75 seconds on any day...hhhmm.

Old age is getting old lads.

I've got a partial rotary cuff by shown on an MRI and I didn't stop heavy lifting. Now I haven't been able to do any push exercises for over a month. Yesterday I did bench but light on the weight assist smith :( But it did stimulate my pecs.

Though I was done now for life but I'm gonna keep going and come back again. Old age is getting to be an old thing.

I just had what sounds like the exact same thing. Mine was weird. I got it after doing a bunch of pullups. One of the last ones after several sets of them. It just took about 5 days of rest to get back to normal.

Sounds like a minor tear in the external rotator(s) but could be one of many things. Go get an MRI. If it is a tear, you cannot risk making it worse. At this point, proper knowledge of the situation is more important than anything else.

Back