insulin debate

balboa270

Amateur Bodybuilder
Lots of guys wanting it. I myself dislike it. So let's discuss why and circumstances to use it. New guys welcome to chime in as well. ;)

I have personally been thinking about it for quite a while just dont like the risk i can take any steroid and not worry about killing myself with it but insulin go a few units over and boom! so i feel its not worth the risk but from what i understand you could put on some serious size.

lights out is right... i did a few runs of insulin back in 05/06, had a few close calls (luckily had a good training partner, we were monitoring eachothers use). Definitely has it's use if someone is wanting to achieve their maximum physique potential, but if not competing it's a bit over-the-top in my mind

Thanks guys seems you both have my same thoughts if ya do it make sure ya got a bud to get ya to and from gym lol anyways let's keep it rolling

yeah every time i think real hard about it i come to that same conclusion if im still growing im not that worried and if im not competeing at a national level then i see no need for me to use it..

I Have an opinion on this that I really don't like to post here because I don't want to entice those who have no business using it. I've talked to guys using it because someone told them it would add a ton of mass and had absolutely no idea of how it works or the risks.

I have a protocol with three shakes during the active window consisting of protien, carbs, bcaa, eaa, creatine, glutamine, and a few others with a blend of fast and slow absorbing protiens/carbs.

The problem is it does not discriminate and will shuttle fat just as well and this is why many people aren't happy with results but it's entirely diet related.

For certain people I believe it's of great use, unfortunately there aren't many people who should be using it. I have spoke to a lot of guys using it and have no idea why or how it works but just using because someone told them they could gain a lot of mass. Retarded.

It's not something to take lightly. You want zero fat during active window. With my shakes, you will prevent hypo even using pre and have plenty of time before needing a meal because glycogen will not be depleted even after training.

As far as hypoglycemia, besides the fact that you can easily go into a coma and die, the actuall symptoms suck. I recently had a hypo incident two to three times this month that I struggled to control. Immediately weak, sweating, dizzy, eyes going black, fell down twice in my house, nausea and this was all w/o slin use. I can typically control this thru diet but each time it happened after a meal. I pounder 32oz of orange juice and a brownie, didn't have glucose tabs, but symptoms remained for about an hour.

Now imagine if this hit you driving down the road or in the gym. Luckily I made it to my bed after a couple spills trying to get there. This month has been the worst for me with this since I was about 15.

Take a person who doesn't know what this is like, and I'm not talking a little low blood sugar and getting a few symptoms until you eat, I'm talking full on hypo and when you attempt to control it and it's not working and you continue to feel worse would you freak or find a way to manage? May sound like you would come up with a plan but your brain isn't working they way it normally would. You start to look act and sound like a drunk. It's not a pleasant experience to say the least.

I'm not trying to post scare tactics, this has been my experience and this was with no slin so it can get worse. I read a post recently with a guy who freaked and went hypo off 4 iu he thought, well he didnt know what he was doing and injected 40 iu.

Is this effective at what it does, yes it is, probably more so than anything else. A safe alternative with that effective but less effective is igf. And for 99.9% of people here, AAS will do everything you need it to do and have no need for slin.

I have the opinion that humalog is best for short duration but humilin for hard gainer because longer life but that's a longer time you have to be concerned of peaks.

I Have an opinion on this that I really don't like to post here because I don't want to entice those who have no business using it. I've talked to guys using it because someone told them it would add a ton of mass and had absolutely no idea of how it works or the risks.

I have a protocol with three shakes during the active window consisting of protien, carbs, bcaa, eaa, creatine, glutamine, and a few others with a blend of fast and slow absorbing protiens/carbs.

The problem is it does not discriminate and will shuttle fat just as well and this is why many people aren't happy with results but it's entirely diet related.

For certain people I believe it's of great use, unfortunately there aren't many people who should be using it. I have spoke to a lot of guys using it and have no idea why or how it works but just using because someone told them they could gain a lot of mass. Retarded.

It's not something to take lightly. You want zero fat during active window. With my shakes, you will prevent hypo even using pre and have plenty of time before needing a meal because glycogen will not be depleted even after training.

As far as hypoglycemia, besides the fact that you can easily go into a coma and die, the actuall symptoms suck. I recently had a hypo incident two to three times this month that I struggled to control. Immediately weak, sweating, dizzy, eyes going black, fell down twice in my house, nausea and this was all w/o slin use. I can typically control this thru diet but each time it happened after a meal. I pounder 32oz of orange juice and a brownie, didn't have glucose tabs, but symptoms remained for about an hour.

Now imagine if this hit you driving down the road or in the gym. Luckily I made it to my bed after a couple spills trying to get there. This month has been the worst for me with this since I was about 15.

Take a person who doesn't know what this is like, and I'm not talking a little low blood sugar and getting a few symptoms until you eat, I'm talking full on hypo and when you attempt to control it and it's not working and you continue to feel worse would you freak or find a way to manage? May sound like you would come up with a plan but your brain isn't working they way it normally would. You start to look act and sound like a drunk. It's not a pleasant experience to say the least.

I'm not trying to post scare tactics, this has been my experience and this was with no slin so it can get worse. I read a post recently with a guy who freaked and went hypo off 4 iu he thought, well he didnt know what he was doing and injected 40 iu.

Is this effective at what it does, yes it is, probably more so than anything else. A safe alternative with that effective but less effective is igf. And for 99.9% of people here, AAS will do everything you need it to do and have no need for slin.

I have the opinion that humalog is best for short duration but humilin for hard gainer because longer life but that's a longer time you have to be concerned of peaks.
Dam user as usual great response with a educated answer thanks bud

I've also thought about it very hard and the three shake protocol looks very tempting but the thing that scares me is if diabetes runs in your family I'm not to sure that it doesn't have a possibility of bringing it on sooner.

Back