Insurance asks for low test verification

Carpmentor

Just recently got a new doc and switched jobs so heal so have new insurance. The doc knows I have been on TRT for years, but the insurance requires two low tests before approving the claim for the Rx.

Anyone else been through this? I have been off for three weeks and have crashed hard. Can’t believe they need to make you feel like this when it has been documented 10 yrs ago.

Testosterone, Serum: 65 (Range 87-814 ng/dL)

Why does it matter? You can buy a 10ml vial of 200mg/ml testosterone cypionate for about $40 using a GoodRX coupon at places like Walgreens, CVS, and many other pharmacies. My insurance covers my testosterone but I pay out of pocket with GoodRX because it's cheaper. You doc can write you a script and you can worry about how it gets paid for. You don't need insurance to approve the script.

Mega, do you know how much the insurance company cost is for the same bottle? Their cost and your copay.

I'm wondering if the copay is more than the $40?

Mega, do you know how much the insurance company cost is for the same bottle? Their cost and your copay.

I'm wondering if the copay is more than the $40?

Everyone is going to be different depending on their insurance negotiated price, if they have co-pays and if they have exhausted their deductible. It's very frustrating, but there isn't one price.

All I can say is that if I buy a vial of testosterone with my insurance, it costs $70. I would rather pay $40 and not go through my insurance.

Wow, the cost per vial is very high in the USA!
In my country, we pay about 13 USD for each vial with medical prescription.

Back