Interesting fact about steroids....

What to know what causes the problems we face with tendons, immune function, and many other sides common with AAS?

CORTISOL, or to much cortisol.

Anyone who puts their body through stess, wheather it be physical, or mental is going to have an increase in cortisol. (Often called the stress hormone) Combine heavy weight training with Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and cortisol levels become very high. If I remember correctly most Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cause cortisol not to be able to bind to certain receptors. This throws off the entire production of cortisol by the addrenal gland. Cortisol has a negitave effect on cell mandated immunity. As far as I know Deca and Winstrol are the only ones that dont fuck with cortisol levels. (But only at low doses). I am going to have to ask Andy13 to explain this a little further, but this is the basic reason for these problems.

It's time that we (the pro-steroid community) start to challenge blanket statements about steroids.

Not all steroids are the same ("duh"). They work via different mechanisms and have different effects and side effects. Many of those in the general population (including many medico's) don't know this. Some on the boards don't seem to know this.

It would not be a stretch to come to the conclusion that some steroids strengthen connective tissue, some weaken them and some don't have a significant effect.

Athletes and those rehabilitating injuries would benefit more from knowing which steroids are potentially beneficial instead of hearing all "steroids damage connective tissue".

Those, such as Nandi12 (and many others), who take the time to read the medical abstracts/studies and translate this information to the boards are doing a valuable service. They have my continued thanks and appreciation for puncturing the many myths floating around.

Comment on cortisol...Trenbolone lowers cortisol and catabolism.

<jumping off my soap box>

I thought that we all knew this to a point, looking at Winstrol (winny) is what clued me in to this originally, then I found some info on Dboldesperado's site (scammer I hear) that talked a bit about hindrance/help of roids and connective tissues.

RoadHouse said:
There are so many studies contridicting another one you have read, it seems you never really know if what your reading is the case 100% of the time

Studies are often biased, led by a researcher who already has a formed opinion, and amazingly finds exactly what they expected and that is what they write about. For every study you find supporting one thing, you will find another, or two that go against it, so because of this I'm wary, read between the lines to what degree you can.

Back