International Fed Ex express

grande

Hey guys, quick question. A friend at the gym decided to use a source that sends out products via this service (I know, I know but he was willing to take the risk....) and am curious about there tracking service. He says that it cleared customs and said "released for delivery" but the tracking hasn't been updated since, and he's scared to check his p.o. to tell if it is there or not. I thought the tracking system should say when and what time it was actually delivered to his address; I mean, it shouldn't just stop after saying "released for delivery," correct? Should he chalk this one up as a loss?

Fedex doesn't deliver Priority Express to p.o. boxes. If it was accidentally accepted with a p.o. destination fedex will try to find a street addy before they return it to the sender.
"Released from customs" just means it was accepted into the USA. Once it gets to the city destination they will then try to located the addy.

Maybe this will help ya!

Hey bro, thanks for the response!

Actually, he has a mail boxes, etc. personal mailbox and they WILL except UPS and Fed-ex packages.

He basically said that at 2:57 that package was "available for clearance" and at 2:58 it was "released for delivery" in miami florida. This was all in one day roughly 2 weeks ago. NO updates on the tracking number......

Any ideas?

Railrunner said:
Fedex doesn't deliver Priority Express to p.o. boxes. If it was accidentally accepted with a p.o. destination fedex will try to find a street addy before they return it to the sender.
"Released from customs" just means it was accepted into the USA. Once it gets to the city destination they will then try to located the addy.

Maybe this will help ya!

agreed!
i have used this method with success b4!

god bless

FedEx tracking will show you the time your package was loaded on the truck for final delevery...it shows you every place you package goes...they update their sytem every few hours,,,fortunately it is not a batch process (i.e. once a day system update) so check back regularly and you should see your package onthe move...

dallasskyline- He said that it was almost 2 weeks ago since an updated. I'm just going to assume that his pack got seized by customs in miami.........

Yeah, I've already told him to chalk it up as a loss. Just wasn't sure if they quit updating it after it passes customs........

grande said:
dallasskyline- He said that it was almost 2 weeks ago since an updated. I'm just going to assume that his pack got seized by customs in miami.........

Sorry I must have over-looked that part...well in all honesty you can say "sianara" to you package...I would be very careful about doing any fedex/ups or other form of express shipping right now...too many people I knoe are consisteantly losing their shit due to express shipping. I know patienc in NOT avirute many of us were born with but the way customs is working right now just use airmail...depending on your source iti is only 10-12 days...

grande said:
Yeah, I've already told him to chalk it up as a loss. Just wasn't sure if they quit updating it after it passes customs........

FedEx will show you when your package hits Miami (typically, if it is coming form europe or there abouts), enters customs, a second line itme is issued saying it cleared customs, then you will see it in route through FedEx's various hubs on its way to you...

Sorry man but your gear is now being used by one of the customs agents...hope it fake and makes him/ker bed ridden...:chimney:

As long as you plan far enough ahead getting your gear in 5 days versus 2 weeks is not a big deal...unless it is some gyno emergency issue, which you should already be prepared for. The only time I use FedEx/UPS shipping is with product already in the good ol'US of A.

Using FedEx and UPS are not good ideas, especially when using Int'l services.

Not many people know that FedEx and UPS have a greater ability to look through your shit, and they have their own investigators who can snoop through suspicious shit, even before it gets to customs.

If you send through FedEx and UPS, you not only have to go through their investigators, but you have to go through customs.

I'f I'm not mistaken, they have greater leniency under the law to search your package.

USPS goes through customs.

FedEx and UPS then have two checkpoints instead of one.

Tazmaniac said:
Using FedEx and UPS are not good ideas, especially when using Int'l services.

Not many people know that FedEx and UPS have a greater ability to look through your shit, and they have their own investigators who can snoop through suspicious shit, even before it gets to customs.

If you send through FedEx and UPS, you not only have to go through their investigators, but you have to go through customs.

I'f I'm not mistaken, they have greater leniency under the law to search your package.

USPS goes through customs.

FedEx and UPS then have two checkpoints instead of one.

He is right...whenever FedEx/UPS deliver international packages they haver their own security/customs clearhouse all pckages go through...I took a tour in Memphis at FedEx main hub...it is a very impressisice setup (or depresive in our case), but go with usps they do not have the money, equipment or man power to search as thouroughly as the big boys do...

economan said:
What if your source packages the items extremely well, would international express be the way to go?

Some sources do wonders, but why risk the fact of getting two inspections as compared to one?

Customs has a much larger volume to inspect compared to FedEx or UPS anyways.

Back