International travel with injectable cyp

AverageMan

ill be traving to the Bahamas in a few months - first time doing any travel since starting test injections. I plan to take a 1 ml bottle and 2 syranges. The test is dr prescribed and the bottle is labeled as such.

Anyone have experience with this? I've done a bunch of googling and no one seems to have issues with their injectable meds, though none specifically mentioned test.

I went to Mexico recently. I brought test in a 10ml vial (partially full), syringes, AI, and alcohol swabs.

I had no issues whatsoever going through US security on my way to Mexico. I went through security twice in two airports. So it got scanned twice in my carry on bag.

When I went through Mexican customs my family was randomly selected to have our bags searched. They went through my bags. I told them I had medication and syringes. They took them out and looked at them. They looked at the label on my vial. They looked at my vitamins, etc in my Daily Pill sorter. I had my AI in here and not in its prescription bottle. They did not ask any questions or seem concerned. they put them back in my bag and let my family enter the country.

There were no issues flying. back to the US or going through US customs. You are allowed to bring your medications with you in the US. If you bring syringes they want to see them next to your medications though.

Check the country you are going to though to make sure it is legal there.

If you are going to be be gone a week or less, you may want to skip the hassle of bringing them. You will be fine skipping injections for a week.

I haven't traveled international but have traveled numerous times in the states and I never had any issues. I even ask my Doc in the beginning for a note just to have on hand for flying and he just kinda laughed and said that's not necessary.
You have a scrip and a bottle with your name on it, so just thow it in your carry-on and forget about it. Have fun in the Bahamas.

Thanks for the replies - glad to see no one is having issues. Yes - my 1ML cyp bottles have a script on them so it sounds like i'm GTG.

Hows your trt going now? Feel any better?

I wish I could say I felt better... Some days are better than others but overall still tired with mental fog. Wake up many times throughout the night for no reason and get around 6-7 hours of sleep.

I had a sleep study twice by two different doctors. Both said I don’t appear to have an obstruction issue (apnea). One of the doctors showed me a graph of my stages of sleep. It’s basically like a stair step showing the various stages of sleep until reaching REM. My chart was like a cliff, I went straight into REM without spending time at the various precursor stages, like a normal person would. Instead, I fell strait into REM sleep, which the doctor told me is common if the person is severely sleep deprived – like someone who hasn’t slept in 24-48 hours. He then when on to say there are two different sleep disorders, apnea and everything else that they don’t know how to treat. Very little is known about sleep in the human body.

I’m thinking of trying mk-677. It’s an oral you take once a day that causes an increase in GH. I’ve read many reviews - and all say that sleep is very deep / restful and the best they’ve ever had. This is coming from folks who don’t have sleep problems. mk-677 has virtually no sides. Only downside is it's a little pricey.

I went to Mexico recently. I brought test in a 10ml vial (partially full), syringes, AI, and alcohol swabs.

I had no issues whatsoever going through US security on my way to Mexico. I went through security twice in two airports. So it got scanned twice in my carry on bag.

When I went through Mexican customs my family was randomly selected to have our bags searched. They went through my bags. I told them I had medication and syringes. They took them out and looked at them. They looked at the label on my vial. They looked at my vitamins, etc in my Daily Pill sorter. I had my AI in here and not in its prescription bottle. They did not ask any questions or seem concerned. they put them back in my bag and let my family enter the country.

There were no issues flying. back to the US or going through US customs. You are allowed to bring your medications with you in the US. If you bring syringes they want to see them next to your medications though.

Check the country you are going to though to make sure it is legal there.

If you are going to be be gone a week or less, you may want to skip the hassle of bringing them. You will be fine skipping injections for a week.

i agree with you.

and if you got script for it you are likely ok, BUT still check their laws. shit i got script for my medical MJ but i know i cant just fly anyplace with it. since its just test and you got script i wouldent worry.

I haven't had a problem yet. I've carried syringes, needles Test, etc. thru all of Western Europe, plus Italy, England, Mediterranean, etc. I was a little worried about travelling in China. (It's really like the wild west). But I was with a tour group of old people in China, who each probably carried a pharmacy full of goodies. :)

Bahamas is very 'civilized'. It's a piece of cake dude.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Taken stuff all over the world, including the Bahamas. Never had an issue. I don't call attention to it (declare, that is).

Google TSA and needles. Everything points toward being able to carry your Meds , Syringes and Needles. I always put this stuff together in one small bag, inside my carry on.

i did a 3 week to europe recently with my trt reg..

make sure everything is with its prescription.. and call your doc stating you want a letter stating that you need to have this medication with you..

thats about as bulletproof as you can get

I am always traveling international for buisness if you have your script your GTG

Not always. Just because you have a prescription doesn't mean it's legal to bring into the country.

In Japan, you are not allowed to bring in syringes unless they are pre-filled, and even then it's only a certain amount and type of drug. There are also certain types of medicine that, even with a prescription, they will get taken away (Any type of ADD medication for instance). Always check to make sure that meds are legal to bring in. Otherwise, you could be sitting in a deportation cell.

This summer in Germany, they inspected my carry-on because of an unusual shape on xray. (It was bicycle clip-on pedals.) When they opened the bag a bunch of used pins that I had not yet disposed of fell out. I was embarrassed, but they said nothing and waved me through.

This summer in Germany, they inspected my carry-on because of an unusual shape on xray. (It was bicycle clip-on pedals.) When they opened the bag a bunch of used pins that I had not yet disposed of fell out. I was embarrassed, but they said nothing and waved me through.

you brought a bunch of used needles on your carry on?

Temperature -
If anyone is concerned about their Vials of test or insulin being left in the heat, I suggest using FRIO bags. They are amazing at keeping meds cool. I soak the bag every night and simple evaporation keeps the contents cool all day. I keep the FRIO bag somewhere where it can get air like the outer sack of my backpack. It's low tech and very effective. Google "FRIO" if curious

On Travel;
I go to Thailand yearly with the wife to see family. I take my Dr prescribed Test cyp. I didn't take syringes the 1st trip - bad mistake. Pharmacies may sell you steroids over the counter but not syringes. Authorityies think prohibiting syringes will stop drug abuse... lol.

Anyway, never an issue.

Are you going to refill the vial for the trip back?

On sleep;
Have you researched Alpha GPC and Magnesiun L-threonate?

This is a side-by-side comparison of ten leading magnesium l-threonate supplements: Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs), Jarrow MagMind Magnesium L-Threonate, Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate, Swanson Magnesium L-Threonate, Source Naturals Magtein, Vitacost Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate, Pure Encapsulations CogniMag, Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate, and Piping Rock Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate.

FORMS OF MAGNESIUM SUPPLEMENTS: Magnesium supplements come in a variety of forms, such as magnesium glycinate, a chelated form of magnesium that tends to provide the highest levels of absorption and bioavailability and is typically considered ideal for those who are trying to correct a deficiency; magnesium citrate, which is a magnesium with citric acid, and has laxative properties; magnesium oxide, which is a non-chelated type of magnesium, that has stool softening properties; and Magnesium L-Threonate, which is a newer, emerging form of magnesium supplement that appears to have promising cognitive benefits. The purpose of this review is to concentrate on Magnesium L-Threonate, better known as "MgT."

MAGNESIUM L-THREONATE OVERVIEW: In addition to support for cardiovascular and bone health, energy, metabolism, and mood, provided by elemental magnesium, researchers are now focusing on magnesium's benefits for cognitive function. Magnesium has long been known as a key nutrient for optimal brain function. More recently, scientists have found it specifically promotes learning and memory as a result of its beneficial effect on synaptic plasticity and density.

The neurodegenerative processes involved in memory loss result from deterioration of connectivity between brain cells but are not a natural function of aging. Memory loss is now known to be associated with a loss of synaptic density and plasticity in the brain. Low magnesium levels may contribute to such losses.

Unfortunately, it is very hard for your body to maintain optimal levels of magnesium in the brain. This problem is of special concern for maturing individuals, as magnesium deficiency increases over time. Most magnesium supplements are not readily absorbed into the nervous system. Until recently, no widely available forms of magnesium met the criteria needed for rapid absorption and efficient transfer into the central nervous system.

However, an innovative team of researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology ("MIT") recently found a way to surmount this obstacle. They formulated a new magnesium compound called Magnesium-L-Threonate (MgT).

MgT boosts brain magnesium levels better than standard supplements. Studies reveal that MgT produces dramatic increases in synaptic density and plasticity, resulting in similar improvements in memory function itself.

MgT is now thought to be effective in several areas:

Improvement in Spatial Short-Term Memory. Spatial working memory is an essential memory function, helping you remember where things are and where you are in relation to the world over the short term. It is working memory that enables you to find your car keys as you head out the door or return to the correct page in the magazine you were reading a few minutes ago.

Enhanced Spatial Long-Term Memory. Long-term spatial memory is crucial for older individuals. It's how you remember where you live or how to get to the grocery store. Loss of spatial long-term memory is one of the main reasons that older people with dementia get lost running even simple errands.

Better Recall. One critical memory function is the ability to bring up an important memory based on only partial information, a function called pattern completion. You use pattern completion memory to find your way around a familiar neighborhood after dark or following a heavy snowstorm. In both cases, some familiar cues are gone, but a healthy brain will fill in the missing details by completing a recognizable pattern.

The MIT team is rapidly putting in place two human studies of MgT on memory function, with results expected in the near future. Meanwhile, they have recently discovered several new roles for MgT in managing memory, in this case unwanted memories of the kind associated with post-traumatic stress disorder ("PTSD"). As a Vietnam vet, and one who is very familiar with the effects of PTSD, I am following this development closely.

The suggested daily dose of MgT is 2,000 mgs per serving (a "serving" is usually two or three pills). While this supplies only 144 mg of elemental magnesium per serving, its superior absorption into the bloodstream and nervous system make it a preferred choice for aging humans to supplement with.

BREAKDOWN: Here is a breakdown of these products.

Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs) (See, Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium Vegetarian Capsules, 60 Count)
Form: Magtein(tm) Magnesium L-Threonate
Water soluble
Not certified Kosher or Halal
$24.99 for 60 capsules on Amazon
Recommended Serving: two capsules per day
Price per capsule: $.42 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.04 (using Amazon's price)
One capsule contains a total of:
1042 mgs of Magtein(tm) Magnesium L-Threonate, including
75 mgs of elemental magnesium
No soy
No GMOs
No stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 333-6977
Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Some ingredients sourced from China (Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate) and ascorbyl palmitate)
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate), modified cellulose (vegetarian capsule), and ascorbyl palmitate

Jarrow MagMind Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Jarrow Formulas Magmind Nutritional Supplement, 90 Count)
Form: Magnesium L-Threonate
Water soluble
$22.21 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Recommended Serving: three capsules per day
Price per capsule: $.25 (using Amazon's price)
667 mgs of Magnesium L-Threonate, including
48 mgs of elemental magnesium
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (310) 204-6936
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and silicon dioxide, capsule consists of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose

Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate 90 Vegetarian Capsules)
Water soluble
$22.49 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Price per capsule: $.25 (using Amazon's price)
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Not chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 226-2370
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearate, and silica

Swanson Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Magnesium L-Threonate 90 Veg Caps by Swanson Ultra)
Water soluble
$27.99 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Price per capsule: $.31 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.05 (using Amazon's price)
670 mgs of Magnesium L-Threonate, including
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 824-4491
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), cellulose (vegetable capsule), brown rice flour, magnesium stearate, and silica

Source Naturals Magtein (90 Count) (See, Magtein 90 Capsules)
Water soluble
$18.08 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Price per capsule: $.20 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.03 (using Amazon's price)
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Not vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 777-5677
Some ingredients sourced from China (Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate)
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), gelatin (capsule), silica, and magnesium stearate

Source Naturals Magtein (180 Count) (See, Magtein Source Naturals, Inc. 180 Caps (667 MG))
Water soluble
$39.67 for 180 capsules on Amazon
Recommended Serving: 1-3 capsules per day
Price per capsule: $.22 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.03 (using Amazon's price)
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Not vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 777-5677
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), gelatin (capsule), silica, and magnesium stearate

Vitacost Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Vitacost Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate -- 2000 mg - 90 Vegetarian Capsules))
Water soluble
$41.00 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Price per capsule: $.46 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.07 (using Amazon's price)
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Not chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 381-0759
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), cellulose (capsule), rice flour, and magnesium stearate (vegetable source)

Pure Encapsulations CogniMag (See, Pure Encapsulations - CogniMag 120 Count))
Water soluble
$59.40 for 120 capsules on Amazon
Recommended Serving: two capsules per day
Price per capsule: $.50 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.10 (using Amazon's price)
500 mgs of Magnesium L-Threonate, including
36 mgs of elemental magnesium
No soy
No GMOs
No stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 753-2277
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), providing wild blueberry extract (fruit), orléans strawberry extract (fruit), spinach extract (leaf), and ascorbyl palmitate

Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate -- 2000 mg - 120 Licaps Capsules)
Water soluble
$42.95 for 120 capsules on Amazon
Recommended Serving: four capsules per day
Price per capsule: $.36 (using Amazon's price)
Price per 100 mgs MgT = $.07 (using Amazon's price)
500 mgs of Magnesium L-Threonate, including
36 mgs of elemental magnesium
No soy
No GMOs
No stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (877) 985-2695
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), glycerin, vegetable cellulose, and purified water

Piping Rock Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate (See, Magnesium L-Threonate Magtein 90 Capsules)
Water soluble
$24.99 for 90 capsules on Amazon
Price per capsule: $.28 (using Amazon's price)
No soy
No GMOs
Contains stearates
No cholesterol
Chelated
Vegetarian
Not enteric coated
Phone Number: (800) 544-1925
No ingredients sourced from China
Ingredients: Magnesium (as Magnesium L-Threonate), gelatin capsule, rice powder, vegetable magnesium stearate, and silica

PRICE PER PILL: Pure Encapsulations CogniMag ($.50 per capsule) is the most expensive per pill of those in the comparison; followed by Vitacost Magtein(tm) Magnesium L-Threonate ($.46 per capsule); followed by Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs) ($.42 per capsule); followed by Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate ($.36 per capsule); followed by Swanson Magnesium L-Threonate ($.31 per capsule); followed by Piping Rock Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate ($.28 per capsule); followed by Jarrow MagMind Magnesium L-Threonate ($.25 per capsule), and Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate ($.25 per capsule); followed by Source Naturals Magtein(tm) (180 Count)($.22 per capsule); and followed by Source Naturals Magtein(tm) (90 Count)($.20 per capsule), which is the least expensive per pill of those in the comparison.

However, Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (60 Count) contains considerably more MgT per pill than the others, so in order to determine the least expensive product, we need to turn to the "price per 100 MgT of MgT." When we do, it appears that Source Naturals Magtein(tm) (90 Count), overall, is the least expensive of those in the comparison. See, below.

PRICE PER 100 MGS OF MGT: Pure Encapsulations CogniMag ($.10 per 100 mgs MgT) is the most expensive per 100 mgs of MgT of those in the comparison; followed by Vitacost Magtein(tm) Magnesium L-Threonate ($.07 per 100 mgs MgT) and Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate ($.07 per 100 mgs MgT); followed by Swanson Magnesium L-Threonate ($.05 per 100 mgs MgT); followed by Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs) ($.04 per 100 mgs MgT), Jarrow MagMind Magnesium L-Threonate ($.04 per 100 mgs MgT), Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate ($.04 per 100 mgs MgT), and Piping Rock Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate ($.04 per 100 mgs MgT); and followed by Source Naturals Magtein(tm) (90 Count) (.03 per 100 mgs MgT) and Source Naturals Magtein(tm) (180 Count) ($.03 per 100 mgs MgT), which is the least expensive per 100 mgs of MgT of those in the comparison.

SOY/GMO/CHOLESTEROL CONTENT: None of these products contain soy, GMOs, or cholesterol.

STEARATES: All of these products contain magnesium stearate with the exception of Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs) and Pure Encapsulations CogniMag.

ASCORBYL PALMITATE: Only Doctor's Best Brain Magnesium (75 mgs) and Pure Encapsulations CogniMag contain ascorbyl palmitate.

KOSHER: None of these products is certified Kosher or Halal.

VEGETARIAN: All of these products are vegetarian, except Source Naturals Magtein, Dr. Mercola Magnesium L-Threonate, and Piping Rock Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate.

CHELATED: All of these products are chelated, except Life Extension Neuro-Mag Magnesium L-Threonate and Vitacost Magtein Magnesium L-Threonate. A chelated form of magnesium l-threonate tends to provide the highest levels of absorption and bioavailability.

MEALS: Magnesium supplements are best taken with a meal containing some fat, as they are more efficiently absorbed when taken with food.

OPINION: In my opinion, all of these magnesium supplements are excellent. It's a matter of personal preference. Price should be an important consideration. I believe additional human research is needed for MgT before the impressive product claims are substantiated.

RATING:

I have rated all of these products five stars, but, in my opinion, there is still important research to be done on MgT, particularly involving human studies. It is my understanding that the research has been completed and the results are favorable, but the information has not yet been published.

I have separately reviewed all of these products.

Prices current as of 07/24/2015.

Back