Is HGH is good for Tendons? Does it reduce fat storage? Yes!

cybrsage

I know we all have heard that HGH is good for tendons and other connective tissues, but how many of us have actually looked at studies to prove it? Lets find out!

I will break down the studies with tidbits and such as I go along.

The tendon study is:
Growth hormone stimulates the collagen synthesis in human tendon and skeletal muscle without affecting myofibrillar protein synthesis and can be found here: Growth hormone stimulates the collagen synthesis in human tendon and skeletal muscle without affecting myofibrillar protein synthesis

To test the hypothesis that GH promotes matrix collagen synthesis in musculotendinous tissue, we investigated the effects of 14 day administration of 33-50 microg kg(-1) day(-1) recombinant human GH (rhGH) in healthy young individuals.

1mg is 2.7IUs of HGH. A 200 pound person is about 90kg (yeah, 91, but 90 makes the math easier). Lets use the top end of the range in the study to see the max amount they used in it, which is 50 micrograms/kg per day. This means they used 50 X 90 = 4000 micrograms per day, which is also 4mg. Continuing the math, we find that 4 X 2.7 = 10IUs. If we use the bottom end, 33 micrograms, we find 33 X 90 = 2970 (lets round to 3000). 3000 micrograms is 3 milligrams, so 3 X 2.7 = 8.1IUs. Both are VERY VERY high, so keep that in mind. Anecdotally, lower doses should do the same thing, just to lesser effect.

A significant correlation between local IGF-I mRNA and collagen mRNA in both muscle and tendon was demonstrated, whereas no significant correlations between sGH or sIGF-I and collagen expression were observed in the rhGH-supplemented participants. This suggests a role for local IGF-I signalling, a notion that is supported by animal studies, showing that circulating IGF-I has little effect on overall growth in mice (Sjogren et al. 1999), while locally produced IGF-I is a prerequisite for GH stimulatory effects in muscle and cartilage (Schlechter et al. 1986; Kim et al. 2005).

These findings are in accordance with our results and support the view that IGF-I rather that GH directly is responsible for the elevated collagen expression and protein synthesis seen in the present study (Figs 3 and ***8203;44).

This basically says that the overall IGF-1 in the body is not important, what is important is the LOCAL IGF-1 level. This supports the view of those who say doing many small injections in the area you want to improve your tendon strength is superior to doing one large injection. It also says that IGF-1 is the source of the improvement, not HGH itself. I think we all already knew that, but it is nice to see it proven.

In contrast to the effect on connective tissue, elevated GH did not increase myofibrillar protein synthesis. With rhGH supplementation, both circulating and local IGF-I was increased by 3-fold but this did not enhance myofibrillar protein FSR (Fig. 4). This finding is in contrast to the well-established positive effect of GH and IGF-I on muscle protein and strength found in animals with a large growth potential (Musaro et al. 2001; Quinn et al. 2007), but it is in concert with previous human experiments where no effect on muscle strength and protein FSR was observed (Yarasheski et al. 1993; Blackman et al. 2002; Lange et al. 2002; Berggren et al. 2005; Ehrnborg et al. 2005). So rather than causing muscle fibre growth, GH/IGF-I appear to stimulate the supporting connective tissue that would help force transmission from the contracting muscle fibres to the bone.

This one shocked me as it goes directly against Bro-Science. It basically says that, even at 10IUs a day, NO increase in the size and strength of muscle fibers was seen at all. It DOES increase it in animals, but has been proven more than once that it DOES NOT increase it in humans. But since it makes the tendons stronger, you can work harder without feeling pain and therefor the extra work you are doing will increase your muscles.

In this study, just 14 days of rhGH supplementation in healthy individuals increased collagen synthesis by up to 6-fold without causing any side effects.

WOW! Only 14 days of 10IUs caused a 6 times increase, or 600% increase, in collagen synthesis! Anecdotally, if you take 2IUs a day, you can see a doubling of your collagen synthesis. Just wow.

Very few studies have investigated the effects of GH or IGF-I treatment in relation to human musculoskeletal tissue injuries. Tentatively indicative of a beneficial effect of GH treatment is a case control study with six patients, in whom application of a mixture of growth factors, including IGF-I, increased foot range of motion and decreased recovery time after Achilles tendon rupture (Sanchez et al. 2007). However, more convincing evidence is given in a placebo-controlled trial with 406 patients, in whom a significantly shorter time to healing of closed fractures was observed after high-dose GH treatment (Raschke et al. 2007). This is consonant with the increased collagen synthesis in muscle and tendon we observed after GH treatment given in similar high doses.

This says if you have injured yourself (which almost always will include tendon damage - just the way we humans tend to break), using a dose HGH regimen WILL reduce your recovery time.

GH/IGF-I apparently reinforces the supporting collagen framework around muscle fibres rather than the muscle contractile apparatus per se in adult skeletal muscle. GH/IGF-I may be more biologically important for strengthening the supportive matrix in tissues than for muscle cell hypertrophy in adult human musculotendinous tissue.

In conclusion, HGH will not cause the growth of your muscles. It WILL strengthen your muscles' supportive matrix (tendons, etc). This will then allow you to push more weight and therefor get stronger.

The first fat reduction study is: Growth hormone treatment of abdominally obese men reduces abdominal fat mass, improves glucose and lipoprotein metabolism, and reduces diastolic blood pressure. It can be found here: Growth hormone treatment of abdominally obese men reduces abdominal fat mass, improves glucose and lipoprotein metabolism, and reduces diastolic bl... - PubMed - NCBI

Thirty men, 48-66 yr old, with abdominal/visceral obesity were treated with recombinant human GH (rhGH) in a 9-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The daily dose of rhGH was 9.5 micrograms/kg.

1mg is 2.7IUs of HGH. A 200 pound person is about 90kg (yeah, 91, but 90 makes the math easier). 9.5 is basically 10, which makes for very easy math. 90 X 10 = 900. 900 micrograms is 0.9 milligrams. 0.9 X 2.7 = 2.43 IUs. That is in the range that most people use, since most people will use from 2IUs to 4IUs per day.

In response to the rhGH treatment, total body fat and abdominal sc and visceral adipose tissue decreased by 9.2 +/- 2.4%, 6.1 +/- 3.2%, and 18.1 +/- 7.6%, respectively. After an initial decrease in the glucose disposal rate (GDR) at 6 weeks, the GDR increased in the rhGH-treated group as compared with the placebo-treated one (P < 0.05). The mean serum concentrations of total cholesterol (P < 0.01) and triglyceride (P < 0.05) decreased, whereas blood glucose and serum insulin concentrations were unaffected by the rhGH treatment. Furthermore, diastolic blood pressure decreased and systolic blood pressure was unchanged in response to rhGH treatment. This trial has demonstrated that GH can favorably affect some of the multiple perturbations associated with abdominal/visceral obesity. This includes a reduction in abdominal/visceral obesity, an improved insulin sensitivity, and favorable effects on lipoprotein metabolism and diastolic blood pressure.

The average fat loss after 9 months of about 2.5IUs of HGH was 9.2%, with belly fat being reduced by 18%!! Overall health was improved as well. The only negative effect was the 2 hour glucose level (GDR). It was harder for the body to remove glucose immediately after its induction, so keep that in mind. After that 2 hour period, the glucose levels were better for those using HGH than those not using it.

And not to leave out the post-menopausal women and fat reduction, here is another study: Growth Hormone Treatment Reduces Abdominal Visceral Fat in Postmenopausal Women with Abdominal Obesity: A 12-Month Placebo-Controlled Trial Found here: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2004-1657#sthash.WtSPw6w1.dpuf

Abdominal obesity is associated with blunted GH secretion and a cluster of cardiovascular risk factors that characterize the ********* syndrome. GH treatment in abdominally obese men reduces visceral adipose tissue and has beneficial effects on the ********* profile. There are no long-term data on the effects of GH treatment on postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity. Forty postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity participated in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 12-month trial with GH (0.67 mg/d). The primary aim was to study the effect of GH treatment on insulin sensitivity.

Forty women with a mean age of 57.3 yr (range, 51***8211;63 yr) were studied. The initial dose of GH was 0.13 mg/d (0.4 IU/d), which was then increased to 0.27 mg/d (0.8 IU/d) after 2 wk, 0.4 mg/d (1.2 IU/d) after 4 wk, 0.53 mg/d (1.6 IU/d) after 5 wk and, after 6 wk, to the target dose of 0.67 mg/d (2.0 IU/d).

The target dose was 2IU a day. A nice low number that most users will be at or above.

A reduction in serum total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol was observed in the GH-treated women, although the reduction in LDL cholesterol was more marked after the first 6 months (10%) compared with 12 months (5%). In some studies dealing with GH-deficient patients receiving GH replacement therapy, a transient reduction in total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and the total cholesterol/HDL ratio and an increase in Lp (a) have been reported (36, 37). In contrast to these data, no significant changes in Lp (a) or total apoB were observed in our study. One plausible explanation is that the target dose of GH in our study was considerably lower than that used in these previous trials and that men may respond more markedly/differently than women in terms of the lipoprotein metabolism (38). Assessments of body composition by CT scan showed a clear reduction in VAT and an increased amount of thigh muscle mass in the GH-treated women. In contrast to a similar study involving middle-aged men with abdominal obesity who received GH treatment for 9 months (17), we did not find any changes in abdominal or thigh sc AT, suggesting that postmenopausal women are less responsive to the lipolytic effect of GH in the sc fat depots.

HGH is great for reducing cholesteral in women. VAT is visceral adipose tissue, which is the inner belly fat (as opposed to the belly fat found just under the skin). It seems that women will lose the fat on the upper thigh, but not the inner belly fat. Men lose the inner belly fat (and tend to not store fat on the upper thighs anyway, so hard to lose fat that is not there). Sorry ladies, no or very little spot reduction in the belly for you at 2IUs, though you WILL lose fat on the upper thighs. The study does say the results might be different at 4IUs, but they did not test at that level.

The lack of belly fat loss in women was also proven in another study: Effect of Recombinant Human Growth Hormone (rhGH) on Abdominal Fat and Cardiovascular Risk in Obese Girls found here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4247194/pdf/13633_2014_Article_359.pdf

It mirrors the first female study, just on a younger group of women (under 18 years but past puberty). So again, sorry ladies, no belly fat reduction for you. Still, it does improve many other things (cholesteral, the look and feel of skin and nails, and a better overall feeling of well being) so do not discount using HGH.

Last edited:
For the TL,DR crowd:

HGH is good for building (and repairing) connective tissues, which aids in increasing muscle mass and strength.
HGH is good for reducing cholesterol.
HGH is good for reducing belly fat in men.
HGH is good for reducing upper thigh fat in women but NOT belly fat.

u left out---
Hgh is good for reducing ones net worth if run correctly at either 2, 4 or 6 iu s for a whole year or better yet several or better forever.

Real good info bro, but givin my food and mortgage are running neck and neck factor in child support and little T's health insurance I ll have to keep slumming along down in the ghetto with test crowd. Joking bro lol....it s a tough call for me. He s 9 so I have to live FOREVER which would make HGH the Shit !,.... but it s to faked to risky to assume basically a real nice car s note...one that may not even crank.

Obviously I m envious, savvy ?

Great post though...

Last edited:
Great post! I am currently taking 2 ius a day 7 days a week of generic to help with recovery from tendon surgery on my elbows. I am thinking about bumping it up to 4ius a day because I can't say I can tell its helping. I have only been on for about a month so. I hope it does the trick. I'm so sick of hurting and only doing legs and abs.

lol///hmmmmm he s 9 I m soon 51...add 19 yrs..I ll be 70 or 71

....now I m fkn really depressed...where is that damn Lexapro....
Snort somew Geritol anyone ?

Great post! I am currently taking 2 ius a day 7 days a week of generic to help with recovery from tendon surgery on my elbows. I am thinking about bumping it up to 4ius a day because I can't say I can tell its helping. I have only been on for about a month so. I hope it does the trick. I'm so sick of hurting and only doing legs and abs.

They say it takes several months to notice much of a difference (at that low of a level), though the magic starts happening in the second month.

GREAT info. Since running the gray tops from PSL, I've noticed that my joints are a bit achey...mainly the tendons and ligaments in my knees. I've read this is normal...even though it's healing them, it can cause some discomfort at first. Just gotta ride it out!

***1048;***1085;***1090;***1077;***1088;***1077;** *1089;***1085;***1099;***1081; ***1092;***1086;

***1047;***1076;***1088;***1072;***1074;***1089;***1090;***1074;***1091;***1081;***1090;***1077; ***1084;***1080;***1083;***1099;***1077; ***1076;***1072;***1084;***1099;!
***1055;***1088;***1077;***1076;***1083;***1072;***1075;***1072;***1077;***1084; ***1074;***1072;***1096;***1077;***1084;***1091; ***1074;***1085;***1080;***1084;***1072;***1085;***1080;***1102;
***1055;***1088;***1086;***1092;***1077;***1089;***1089;***1080;***1086;***1085;***1072;***1083;***1100;***1085;***1091;***1102; ***1082;***1086;***1089;***1084;***1077;***1090;***1080;***1082;***1091; ***1076;***1083;***1103; ***1074;***1086;***1083;***1086;***1089; ***1087;***1086; ***1085;***1080;***1079;***1082;***1080;***1084; ***1094;***1077;***1085;***1072;***1084;!
9G5qFA_7C2I.jpg

Lebel ***1057;osmetics (***1071;***1087;***1086;***1085;***1080;***1103;)
Kerastase (***1060;***1088;***1072;***1085;***1094;***1080;***1103;)
Davines (***1048;***1090;***1072;***1083;***1080;***1103;)
Moroccanoil (***1048;***1079;***1088;***1072;***1080;***1083;***1100;)
TIGI (***1042;***1077;***1083;***1080;***1082;***1086;***1073;***1088;***1080;***1090;***1072;***1085;***1080;***1103;)

How do you know it's real hgh?

Cyber, you wrote that 10iu causes a 600% increase of collagen synthesis..... but 600% of what number?
The reason I ask and it's this example. I remember when I first read about prami and how it increased GH by 500%. Well it's not that impressive because it's 500% of some small number like .8 or something so overall it doesn't improve your gh level enough to really do anything.

I'm going to be running a hgh and deca together at therapeutic doses for awhile for it's 'healing properties', just to see how i feel after 6 months.
I've had multiple injuries, multiple surgeries and ache and hurt every day .. will give it a try. I ran the two of them together right after my last back surgery for 4 months and the recovery process went well.

Cyber, you wrote that 10iu causes a 600% increase of collagen synthesis..... but 600% of what number?
The reason I ask and it's this example. I remember when I first read about prami and how it increased GH by 500%. Well it's not that impressive because it's 500% of some small number like .8 or something so overall it doesn't improve your gh level enough to really do anything.

I cannot be 100% certain, but as I understand it, it is a 600% increase in the natural collagen synthesis the people normally have, so it is 7 times higher than normal. I understand your question...is this increase large enough to make a difference or not, right? A 600% increase of barely nothing is still barely nothing. You spurred me to look up a study about aging and its effects. That will give us at least an understanding of what the percentages mean.

Although it may be difficult to precisely estimate the percentage of the overall decrease in collagen production (in old skin relative to young skin) accounted for by decreased mechanical tension, the following analysis serves as a basis for comparison. Our past studies15 indicate that collagen production in sun-protected skin of old (80+ years) individuals is decreased by approximately 75% relative to production in corresponding skin of young (18 to 29 years) adults.
Decreased Collagen Production in Chronologically Aged Skin

An 80 year old has 75% less collagen creation than a 25 year old (picked the middle age of the range). If I am understanding the percentages correctly, that would be a 400% decrease. Assuming I am remembering how to do my math properly, the increase they say due to HGH (600% increase) is a bit more than the difference between a 25 year old and an 80 year. The 25 year old has a LOT more collagen in their skin, a very noticeable amount.

How do you know it's real hgh?

I know mine is real because I did a one month IGF level test. I recommend everyone do one of those, might as well find out if you are wasting your time or not. The 10IU GH level test is another good one, but what we all really care about is IGF level, so that is why I did that one. :)

I know mine is real because I did a one month IGF level test. I recommend everyone do one of those, might as well find out if you are wasting your time or not. The 10IU GH level test is another good one, but what we all really care about is IGF level, so that is why I did that one. :)

Good deducing on the rate of collagen synthesis cyber! Nice respond to my question. The only detail is that this is collagen synthesis in skin and does the same apply to tendons? At least what you have is something more solid to go by.
I have tested my HGH using the 10iu method and if you can't do this then I say don't even buy it unless you have a lot of money to burn. I have had results turn out good and results turn out bad.
There are states where they don't allow private labs, I live in one. If you live in one of these states then the shipper may also know you can't buy labs too. And if they are shady then they may take advantage and ship u bunk cause they know you will never find out. Or it could even be a reputed lab that sends you legit gear but the HGH gets damaged in transit. You won't have labs to prove it so they won't reship.

Good deducing on the rate of collagen synthesis cyber! Nice respond to my question. The only detail is that this is collagen synthesis in skin and does the same apply to tendons? At least what you have is something more solid to go by.
I have tested my HGH using the 10iu method and if you can't do this then I say don't even buy it unless you have a lot of money to burn. I have had results turn out good and results turn out bad.
There are states where they don't allow private labs, I live in one. If you live in one of these states then the shipper may also know you can't buy labs too. And if they are shady then they may take advantage and ship u bunk cause they know you will never find out. Or it could even be a reputed lab that sends you legit gear but the HGH gets damaged in transit. You won't have labs to prove it so they won't reship.

I would not doubt some sellers scam based on location - pretty shady of them. Our community is too small for people to screw over others in it! But yeah, HGH is not for the weak of wallet, that is for sure. Great stuff when you get legit HGH and can take it for long periods of time, though.

I did look and found nothing to show any way of comparing skin and tendon collagen synthesis. It is something I wish I could find, but since I am not actually a doctor (or even in the medical field), my skills at finding such a thing are not high enough.

Back