Is it ok to workout with a delt shot infection?

BuffBean

I posted about my delt infection yesterday. Today the red is still present and slightly warm. Have not taken anything for it because I need a script for antibiotics. I haven't worked out in 3 days and I really need to go now. Is it ok to bench press with the infection on my delt still present? It's just red no pain

i wouldn't raise my blood pressure while i have an infection.. it could accelerate the spread of the infection

I wouldn't pump the infection around my body. did you go get antibiotics. It won't go away with out it. you don't want to go septic and loose your arm. Or be stuck inked on IV antibiotics. I've been threw it.

I wouldn't pump the infection around my body. did you go get antibiotics. It won't go away with out it. you don't want to go septic and loose your arm. Or be stuck inked on IV antibiotics. I've been threw it.

No I haven't gotten antibiotics. I feel just fine it's just a big red mark on my arm. No pain nothing. Should I still go? I really wanna workout also. My next shot is due tomorrow is it ok to continue pinning? I threw out the test 500 which caused this and i now have test E 250 to replace it

Buffbean , did this red mark follow injection by say a day or 2 ? I and many many other members have had this before . its almost like a red, itchy,warm patch where the injection was . Its seems to be some type of reaction to the gear . itll go away in a couple more days .... AND IS NOT an infection .... unless you are feeling ill its a reaction to the gear . ive had this several times .

Give it a day or two more and it should subside. dont touch it , rub it , massage or play with it in any way . id say if within another few days then it doesnt subside and it hurts , then u may have an infection ..... but i dont think thats your issue ;)

Yes darkwing!! I have another thread with more details and even a picture of the red mark. The thing is, it wasn't around the injection. It occurred a few inches below where I pinned and yes it happened 2 days later!! I don't feel ill at all or any pain and I'm thinking I did react to the gear since it's a highly concentrated (test 500mg/cc). I'll give it a few more days thanks for your comment

yah man , i had the same thing happen . it was a bit below the injection . a very distinct red pattern . i can almost guarantee its a reaction to the gear . it should go . its happened to me several times . i dont think you need to worry

yah man , i had the same thing happen . it was a bit below the injection . a very distinct red pattern . i can almost guarantee its a reaction to the gear . it should go . its happened to me several times . i dont think you need to worry

You think I can still workout with this red mark? It's on my delt but I need to bench asap

Holy shit.

Not a single person in this thread is a licensed doctor of medicine. When I respond to these types of threads I give a quick rundown on what to look for (I was at one point a trained professional), and tell them to contact a doctor if things persist. I don't tell them to hop on medicines that could potentially make things WORSE.

I'm quite disappointed.

OP: Go to the Urgent Care (it's cheaper) and tell them you had a vitamin B12 injection that seems to be leaving quite a bit of pressure and you're concerned that it may be infected. They will be able to assess things FAR better than any of us on the internet can, and you will either be given the nod to go back to the gym (don't for the love of god confess to AAS or say weights, just say exercise :) ), or you'll be needing prescribed antibiotics/possibly having an abscess drained.

If you cannot afford an urgent care bill, Walgreens has minute clinics that have nurse practitioners that operate under a general practice medical doctor. They can assist you as well. But please, don't go chucking down antibiotics because you have a red mark on your arm and it's warm. Just touching it will cause that FYI as the body senses trauma and will rush antibodies to the site, which causes inflammation. Leave it be, go see a professional, get patched up, and get back to the gym. Simple as that.

Good news it's almost disappeared. The red went down significantly. I had a small feeling it was not an infection because it wasn't like people described it, so I gave it a few days and looks like it's going away thanks for the replies

Good news it's almost disappeared. The red went down significantly. I had a small feeling it was not an infection because it wasn't like people described it, so I gave it a few days and looks like it's going away thanks for the replies

Good to see you are better. If you ever have an infection, don't screw around, get it looked at asap. Most of use know the difference between pip and an abscess. I have had one and there was no mistaking what it was. Sepsis can kill you.

good to hear man . i had a feeling it was just a reaction to the gear . this has happened to me several times .

Well gong to the doctor if you were in pain and it was very hot w/ some infection symptoms is always best as halfwit said.

However if less than that I will say I have done T400 some time back and my glute and lower lumbar got so red and my skin changed and the pain kept me out of the gym for a day or two. It was the concentrate that was mixed. I did go to an urgent care toward the end and they found no infection as I , a layman presumed.

I should have gone sooner but I have had a few infections in my life and have a good handle on what they are like. You and anyone else not familiar should waist no time to have it checked out. One more thing not all antibiotics work the same and the doctor will prescribe the best for the infection. If you take one that isn't strong enough and doesn't do the job you are just increasing your immunity to antibiotics AND that's why always take the prescribed one to it runs out.

A tip from Uncle Mike
Good luck

Back