is it okay if......?

old timer

brazilian jiu-jitsu guy
when filtering solution through filter, (aside from the syringe/needle you are using to draw out the solution) can you use a 23 gauge needle instead of a 22(in reference to instructions for homebrew)? is it okay....thats what i meant.

tried once w/ a 23g worked ok but if your solution is thick then its gonna be harder

I use 18 or 20.

Although come to think of it I suppose the needle gauge isn't the limiting factor in how much resistance you must press against when filtering.

DougoeFre5h said:
it can be, depends on heat and concentration. For the most part...the filter will be slower than even a 23 or 25g needle.

...and if you're using sterilized, pre-sealed vials, small needles will chew up the rubber stopper less.

Mr. dB said:
...and if you're using sterilized, pre-sealed vials, small needles will chew up the rubber stopper less.

Exactly why I use 23g. The only time it limits the flow for me is when I put in the initial hormone, solvent, a little bit of oil mix for tren and prop. The solution is real thin so it goes through the filter quickly. But for deca, test e, and prop, the filter provides a hell of alot more resistance than a 23g can.

use vials with no stopper and then you dont need a needle at all. after you filter it in put a red fold over stopper on the vial. if you insist on hand filtering this is by far the easiest way. 10ml syringe and warm solution filtering is a breeze.

i posted directions for presterilizing vials which are not sterile. i used 150 ml vials. then baked in them and then transferred to sterile presealed smaller vials.

pullinbig said:
use vials with no stopper and then you dont need a needle at all. after you filter it in put a red fold over stopper on the vial. if you insist on hand filtering this is by far the easiest way. 10ml syringe and warm solution filtering is a breeze.

i posted directions for presterilizing vials which are not sterile. i used 150 ml vials. then baked in them and then transferred to sterile presealed smaller vials.

That's all fine and good if you're doing enough quantity to make the purchase of a crimper economically feasable. For the rest of us, a $150 crimper would be a significant expenditure, relative to the rest of the materials for a batch of goodies.

Mr. dB said:
That's all fine and good if you're doing enough quantity to make the purchase of a crimper economically feasable. For the rest of us, a $150 crimper would be a significant expenditure, relative to the rest of the materials for a batch of goodies.
No no, hes referring to those stoppers with sleeve's i believe, no crimper necessary.

Mr. dB said:

no crimper needed. use fold over stoppers.

Mr. dB said:

Hey deebs, you can get a nice tear-top crimper for $89 now. PM if you want the link.

Back