is there a way to raise low TSH levels?

chicmuscle

is there a way to raise low TSH levels naturally? what products do you recommend? and how much can it be raised through natrual remedies? i know that cynomel can raise it and prescription meds. but i want strickly natural for this thread. i migh post for synthetic later.

chichy

Are you shure you are talking about TSH?
low TSH is a shymptom that your thyroid is working well. TSH is a signal that the hypotalamous send to the thyroid to produce more T4 hormone. Hi TSH can be a shymptom of hipotyroidism.
Cynomel is syntetic T3 thyroid hormone. If you take it, your T3 levels will be normal to hi, then TSH will lower. T4 turns into T3 at the liver.
I heard carbs stimulates the thyroid.

okay let me clarify what you said...
the U.S. standard range for TSH is between .39 - 4.4? (4 point 4 something)
so a level of 1.12 is good? and 4.10 may indicate hypothyroidism?

because i thought that 1.12 indicates hypothyroidism because one will have low levels of TSH effects. and the more TSH, like 4.10, would mean one would have a fast metabolism and is on the brink of HYPERthyroid.

hey,,, im just confused

chichy

TSH is a pituitary hormone not a thyroid hormone. It only stimulates the thyroid to produce more thyroid hormone, so generally a high TSH level means your body is producing more because you have a low T level (hypothyroidism) and a low TSH level means a high T level (hyperthyroidism).

However, the range for the TSH level is too broad and can be flawed if you have a problem with a pituitary gland. Have a free T3, T4 test done to accurately check thyroid hormone levels.

pits

TSH does NOT imply a thyroid problem, TSH and thyroid levels together WITH other items are looked at to determine a thyroid problem, not one or two things alone. Someone could have very HIGH TSH and low thyroid hormone levels which would be telling you the thyroid is not working properly.

OOOOOOOKAY, now i see. hypothyroidism is a compound problem. TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, is signals from the pituitary (and hypothalumus, they work kinda together) to the thyroid to get it going or not. and a test on free T3 and T4 will more accuratly reflect thyroid function. thank you guys.

i got a little worried when looking at the report and on top of that, the doc was unsure when he was breaking down the thyroid part of the report.

chichy

Back