Is this enough? Give feedback on supplements

Wheyson

So, I am spending 12months transferring myself to the next big green mean machine (at least I hope so). Getting help from 3J obviously. But besides diet, supplements also play a minor role. So is this enough?
Not interested in buying overhyped "bombastic raw-energy-bigpenisbulging-straight-from-devils-butthole-pure supplement-exotic-franchise-superpower" shit. Just the normal essential stuff that the body needs.

N-acetylcysteine
L-Arginine
L-Lysine
L-Methionine
L-Tryptophan
L-Citrulline malate
L-Cysteine
L-Tyrosine
Methylcobalamin
L-Glutamine
Vitamin C
Magnesium citrate

Is the list good to go? Anyone got any suggestions before I place the order? Interested in what KingBeastMode and the other active BBs have to say.

Go to GNC!!!

1920089_672499836120592_794196060_n.png

The list you have seems a bit strange to me. Heres a bit better of a list my friend
that will give you a bit better results.

Protein
Creatine
HMB
ZMA
Arginine
Leucine
Glutamine
Taurine
Beta Alanine
BCAAs
Multi Vitamins
Omegas

Those are the essentials in my cupboard

Thanks Schredder!
- Protein (90% whey isolate), creatine, multi vitamins and omega-3 (6:1 ratio) is always included.

- I am not a big believer of HMB, ZMA and I rather take amino acids separately instead as a BCAA-mixture

- thanks for the leucine and beta alanine. How would you recommend to take them? Pre/Post? 2-3grams? Daily?

Other than that, most of the supplements are from Austinites supplement stack, mostly with emphasis on how to increase vascularity.

The list you have seems a bit strange to me. Heres a bit better of a list my friend
that will give you a bit better results.

Protein
Creatine
HMB
ZMA
Arginine
Leucine
Glutamine
Taurine
Beta Alanine
BCAAs
Multi Vitamins
Omegas

Those are the essentials in my cupboard

Dude I have to agree with Shredder but the main one on your list that is definetly a waste of money is N-acetylcysteine, it won't do anything worth the money you'll pay for it.
The amino acids you've listed are fine, but unless your cutting why would you supplement with extra? Just eat enough protein and your good.

Schredder's list makes more sense except: don't need the HMB (unless your a complete beginner/elite athlete) or the BCAAs if your getting enough protein.
Beta alanine is useful, but you need to dose it 4x a day, which means its will be very expensive.

Side note: if you want to know which supplements work & which don't - Independent Analysis on Supplements & Nutrition | Examine.com

Best site to buy supplements without all the supp company bullshit - True Nutrition - The Highest Quality Supplements and Protein at the Lowest Prices

Really, NAC is a waste of money? Or is it just a waste of money when u are not on a cycle? I was under the assumption NAC is always needed, even when not on cycle.

Yeah, never really needed or experienced that HMB, ZMA, BCAA-compunds done anything for me. So I am gonna skip that.
And I don't think I will be using taurine/caffeine either. The regular NO/citruline will be more than enough.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out, but I won't be placing any order with them. It would be too expensive ordering from US and ship it across the globe to where I am now.

Dude I have to agree with Shredder but the main one on your list that is definetly a waste of money is N-acetylcysteine, it won't do anything worth the money you'll pay for it.
The amino acids you've listed are fine, but unless your cutting why would you supplement with extra? Just eat enough protein and your good.

Schredder's list makes more sense except: don't need the HMB (unless your a complete beginner/elite athlete) or the BCAAs if your getting enough protein.
Beta alanine is useful, but you need to dose it 4x a day, which means its will be very expensive.

Side note: if you want to know which supplements work & which don't - Independent Analysis on Supplements & Nutrition | Examine.com

Best site to buy supplements without all the supp company bullshit - True Nutrition - The Highest Quality Supplements and Protein at the Lowest Prices

Really, NAC is a waste of money? Or is it just a waste of money when u are not on a cycle? I was under the assumption NAC is always needed, even when not on cycle.

Why would NAC be always needed - are you addicted to cocaine/weed/other substances? Because it can be useful at treating addiction but other than that, its just a standard antioxidant.

Its an antioxidant thats great for your liver. I know uou know your stuff Ripz but gotta disagree with you here i take it year round and bump it up while on cycle

Yepp. I was under the same impression being a good year round liver protectant
2400mg/day on cycle
1200mg/day off cycle

Why would NAC be always needed - are you addicted to cocaine/weed/other substances? Because it can be useful at treating addiction but other than that, its just a standard antioxidant.

I'm a tobacco and Mary user and I e noticed anecdotally it has helped slightly with tobacco for me. Studies on this benefit are limited but it's not the main reason for me using it. It has been shown to help treat liver toxicity from alcohol, acetomenophin overdose, oral steroids, and more. To treat chronic liver damage large doses are required, for Tylenol OD 140mg/kg is the standard treatment in many medical centers for the first day as a loading dose then 70mg/kg after that. It also helps with hepatoxicicity from oral steroids which are methylated to bypass the first pass effect. This methylation is damaging to the liver but depending on dose and duration isn't always dangerous. Another thing NAC has helped me with is getting sick and allergies. NAC is a reliable precursor to glutathione which is one of the most important antioxidants in the body. There are other things out there that can portent the liver for sure but considering it's price it's not a big deal to me at least to supplement wih it. :)

Its an antioxidant thats great for your liver. I know uou know your stuff Ripz but gotta disagree with you here i take it year round and bump it up while on cycle

I know it helps with lead & paracetamol toxicity - but in that situation you had to dose 7g every 3 hours or something.
OFF cycle - you simply don't need it, ON cycle you may find some animal studies suggesting benefits but until those studies can be replicated in humans, I don't see it as convincing evidence.

But if their are studies I've missed I would love to see them :)

EDIT: I should of noted that ursodeoxycholic acid HAS been shown to be effective at protecting the liver on cycle (this also happened to be the supplement combined with NAC when protecting against paracetamol toxicity).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17900246

Last edited:
Ok I just realised the study I posted a link to isn't accessible to the public so here's a summary of it - Ursodeoxycholic acid restores anabolic liver

"Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) removes poisonous bile acids and also steroids from the liver by competition - and thus stimulates the recovery of the ducts through which the liver sends the bile acid to the duodenum in the gut."

The bodybuilder in this scenario recovered full liver function in a few months; personally I find UDCA much more useful in protecting the liver on cycle than NAC.

Maybe you can get the full article Zilla but here's one that shows it also can help raising HDL (not total cholesterol or triglycerides) in a dose dependent manner. AAS can adversely affect HDL.

Dose-related increase of HDL-cholesterol levels after N-acetylcysteine in man.

AuthorsFranceschini G, et al. Show all Journal
Pharmacol Res. 1993 Oct-Nov;28(3):213-8.
Affiliation
Abstract
Changes in plasma lipid-lipoprotein levels were evaluated in 10 hyperlipidemic patients during treatment with progressive doses (from 1200 mg day-1 to 3600 mg day-1) of N-acetylcysteine (NAC). Plasma total cholesterol and triglyceride levels, as well as those of lipoprotein (a) did not change to an appreciable extent, even with the highest dosage. However, the HDL-cholesterol levels showed a significant, dose-related rise, the mean absolute increase, with the highest NAC dose, being of approximately 10 mg dl-1 (16.2%). The rise of HDL-cholesterol was independent of changes in other lipid-lipoprotein parameters, suggesting a possible direct effect of NAC on the HDL system.

PMID 8108311 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Guys, what u say about creatine?

I always run with creatine monohydrate.
Anyone used creatine hydrochloride or Kre-Alkalyn and know if there is any noticeable difference?

Guys, what u say about creatine?

I always run with creatine monohydrate.
Anyone used creatine hydrochloride or Kre-Alkalyn and know if there is any noticeable difference?

Stick to Creatine mono - its backed by a load of studies and its cheap to buy in bulk.

Dre: surely if you wanted to increase HDL you could take a bunch of other stuff more useful such as CLA, fish oil, garlic & chromium (off the top of my head) ?

Stick to Creatine mono - its backed by a load of studies and its cheap to buy in bulk.

Dre: surely if you wanted to increase HDL you could take a bunch of other stuff more useful such as CLA, fish oil, garlic & chromium (off the top of my head) ?

Definitely Zilla, no argument there but now what about the liver assistance, and being a precursor to glutathione? It's been shown to be a reliable precursor to glutathione even with poor absorption but I will concede I do not know if studies have shown this is clinically significant.

I agree with Zilla on Creatine. Stick to the monohydrate. It's the one with the relavent studies backing it, is the cheapest, and works. The rest rely on marketing claims, misleading claims, clever marketing, and misapplied studies.

I agree with Zilla on Creatine. Stick to the monohydrate. It's the one with the relavent studies backing it, is the cheapest, and works. The rest rely on marketing claims, misleading claims, clever marketing, and misapplied studies.

This..
I take 5g off cycle and 10-15g on cycle along with NAC

Back