jon jones

gadogs83

what does every one thing about jon jones ducking a middle weight(chael sonnen) that offered to fight him?? no doubt jones is a bad dude but this was ridiculous. not to mention he's been in camp for a month and a half. now i heard they had to cancel the whole ppv because he wouldn't fight anyone. what a chicken shit.

In his defence, Sonnen is one of the best take down artists in the game. He puts people on their backs and grinds them. Hendo is a greco guy who hasn't shot for a power double in.... shit I can't even remember the last time. Not being prepared for that would likely have meant he spent some or all of the match on his back.

The card got cx'd cause other than the main event, it was very lackluster, and that is the UFC's fault, not Jones'.

That said, I sort of feel like he should have stepped up anyway.

i agree with everything you said. and i think jon jones is gonna be the champ for a long time no matter who he fights. however - he said that he wasn't fighting chael sonnen or anyone else on 8 days notice. i just feel like whoever he fought would have been at just as big of a disadvantage as him if not at even more of one. jones has been in camp for the last month and a half or whatever. he should have been ready to take on anyone.

hendo won't shoot for a double cause it's Greco, all clinching and upper body

Jones is a pussy, he could have taken the belt off the line and still fought and people would have been happy. He screwed the entire card and undercard fighters aren't getting paid.

Being a Mixed Martial Arts fighter, I can see where Jones came from. He has everything to lose and what does Chael have to lose? Nothing! He's already coming off a loss! He hasn't even REALLY been training for a TITLE fight. If he was to get in there and say, even if it was a lucky shot, or a cut, or an injury, beats Jones, how does that make Jones look? Stupid for taking the fight! LOL! It is unfortunate that this had to happen, but you have to look at the whole camps input. People think MMA is a "one person sport" completely untrue... If it was, you wouldn't have a coach, teammates, sparring partners, mentors, some even psychiatrists/psycologists! When your team and YOUR COACH is telling you not to take the fight, you can't be selfish and not listen, that would risk breaking the bond of a family...

Sorry to say but in this one, Chael win or lose had everything to gain and nothing to lose, and Jones was the complete opposite...

Jones is a pussy, he could have taken the belt off the line and still fought and people would have been happy. He screwed the entire card and undercard fighters aren't getting paid.

thats the UFC's fault for such a shitty card. What if both Jones and Hendo had been injured? It's happened before. The UFC fucked itself on that score.

X2 i'm glad someone else said it lol

I think jones should have stepped and taken the fight considering all the fame and fortune the ufc has given him

as much as I dislike Jones as a person, the kid is a legit wrecking machine and though Sonnen is tough as hell, it would have been a walk in the park for Jones. Greg Jackson however isn't about to put his cash cow in any sort of danger and in my opinion he's the one who convinced Jones to back away.

Back