Jones vs Tarver

Fyre

Well guys, we had Mayweather vs Ndou this past weekend. This coming weekend we have Roy Jones taking on Tarver.
Of course I'm going to have to go with my boy Jones but I think it should be an excellent fight to say the least.
What are you thoughts on the fight and who do u think will come out on top?:beertoast

Rpy all the way, he needs to try and finish him though, because I really do not want to see it go the distance (which I am sure it probably will) and we get a jacked up decision

I am a Roy Jones lunatic! I have a rediculous amount of memorabilia, signed photos, gloves, trunks, etc. He is the greatest fighter I have ever seen personally other than Mike when he was young. Two different fighters, but Roy is the man. Plus I am a Florida boy so I am also a little biased towards the situation.

Jones .....most akward boxer ever.......I seen him knock guys out throwing punches while leaning away.
Best boxer ever IMO

I wonder if we will get to see a Jones/Tyson fight?
That would be a wicked fight that's for sure! They teased us a bit in K-1 with a Tyson/Sapp rumour and that's not happening now. At least I don't think it is.
So, they'll probably begin to tease us soon with a Jones/Tyson rumour.
I believe that there's talk about a Tyson/Lewis fight. :)

man, the odds for this fight are crazy, jones -1000, $1000 to win $100. i think im tossing 10 on tarver just in case somethign crazy happens, can't argue with +750 odds.

Fyre said:
I wonder if we will get to see a Jones/Tyson fight?
That would be a wicked fight that's for sure! They teased us a bit in K-1 with a Tyson/Sapp rumour and that's not happening now. At least I don't think it is.
So, they'll probably begin to tease us soon with a Jones/Tyson rumour.
I believe that there's talk about a Tyson/Lewis fight. :)

im friends wa contender for the USA title middleweight and he said a Jones Tyson fight culd be 3 fights away for Tyson.
Hope Tyson gets in some shape.....he culda been one of the best of all time....sad.

Gator

I am about to watch the fight!!!! Man, this is going to be a good one!!! Jones and Tarver can't stand each other.....this fight is something personal between the two of them!!! I will post the result as soon as it is over.

Jones won by majority decision, but this was one of Jones' worst performance. It was a very close fight, dropping the 25 lbs. realy hurt him in the long run, his energy was not there anymore halfway through the fight. The announcers asked him if he would fight again as a light-heavyweight....he said probably not. Jones stated he is looking for one big money heavyweight fight and that is Mike Tyson, so hopefully the negotiations begin because that would be a good one!!!!

im hearing that tyson fight wont be happening for a while since this fight was so close

unfounded rumor?

I thought it was an awesome fight! Jones did look a little tired but considering he lost 25lbs, a lot of that being muscle, I think he faired very well. He said at the beginning of the fight that on a scale of 1-10, he felt like a 7 due to all the weight he had to drop
Tarver came out strong in the first couple of rounds and then he just seemed to lose it. The only good punches he got in was when he had Jones backed in the corner or up against the rope. He really didn't do much anywhere else. Jones hit him with a lot of great body shots that obviously wore Tarver down. With the height and reach advantage that Tarver had over Jones, it was hard for Jones to get in with his punches but he managed to get enough in to win the decision.
This was not the strong Jones that I've seen in his other fights but considering the weight loss, I think he did awesome.
I was happy with the decision as well. It was NOT a bad decision. Jones deserved to win that fight.
I have to say that they both fought hard and with an immense amount of heart. I was very disappointed to here Tarver spouting off after the fight about how he should have won it and not Jones. Quit your damn whining man! Suck it up, you lost, get over it!
Now, on to bigger and better things. Here's hoping that Jones does get to fight Tyson in the near future.
All in all, excellent fight! There was great action from the beginning to end.
Cheers,
Fyre:beertoast

I almost got a little nervous there. Roy won those last 2 rounds and I think that won him the fight. Thank God. His eye was fucked up though.
Atleast one of my people won in something this weekend. The Hurricanes lost, the Seminoles lost, and the Bucs lost also. Fucking horrible weekend.

califlorida91604 said:
I almost got a little nervous there. Roy won those last 2 rounds and I think that won him the fight. Thank God. His eye was fucked up though.
Atleast one of my people won in something this weekend. The Hurricanes lost, the Seminoles lost, and the Bucs lost also. Fucking horrible weekend.

Yes, it was definitely a very bad weekend for the Florida teams this weekend.:(

Back