Just another intro. AED and HPTA info welcome.

Im not sure if you know anyone who goes to a VA but the ones Ive been to all but refuse service for anything except flu shots and psychiatry it seems. I'm going to try and get a hold of my neurologist Tuesday. I can't get into endocrinology without a referral and my "primary care provider"/everyday doctor flat out refuses to admit anything is wrong. He is something else. Basically said a health diet is a joke and regardless how I ate it wouldn't effect my seizure which is flat out wrong. Pisses me off every time I have to go in for check ups.

I wasnt sure if it was the Keppra wearing off or new soreness until yesterday. I upped the dose this tuesday.

Mostly money and transportation. I've been off work since October and I can't drive. Trying to keep the lights on and the cars from being repo now. No exaggeration, every bill except rent is 2 months behind. I went from making $600-1000 a week working with contractors and 1,400 for VA disability to just the disability. The wife is searching for a job now that the kids will be home to watch me incase I have a full seizure and start crappie floppin.

My latest test results

17JUNE2016
TT IA 438/405
LH 4.7
FSH 2.9
Estrogen 120
shbg 54

My referral to endo went through. I have to make an appointment but as of now it's a good sign. I talked with my neurologist and explained all the information I have amd he must have explained my situation or the endocrinology doctor at the VA is a step above the last VA.

On a personal note my wife has a job and financially shits on the up and up. Regardless what the VA endo says I'm getting my testosterone up and estrogen down.

I've still been reading and researching. I found links showing lpw testosterone is common with type of epilepsy amd a study was done where the guy was Givin adex amd his test went up. Now question and situation time.

My wife is on board with me getting my testosterone right but has reservations about me shooting test. Roid rage amd all the other main stream media crap. I also have some because I would be dependant on the shots. If I take an AI of some fashion and something happens(va doesn't fill prescription or end of the world) my body will still be a making test.

Try an AI or lead the conversation to actual testosterone?

My latest test results

17JUNE2016
TT IA 438/405
LH 4.7
FSH 2.9
Estrogen 120
shbg 54

My referral to endo went through. I have to make an appointment but as of now it's a good sign. I talked with my neurologist and explained all the information I have and he must have explained my situation or the endocrinology doctor at the VA is a step above the last VA.

On a personal note my wife has a job and financially shits on the up and up. Regardless what the VA endo says I'm getting my testosterone up and estrogen down.

I've still been reading and researching. I found links showing low testosterone is common with type of epilepsy and a study was done where the guy was givin adex and his test went up. Now question and situation time.

My wife is on board with me getting my testosterone right but has reservations about me shooting test. Roid rage and all the other main stream media crap. I also have some because I would be dependant on the shots. If I take an AI of some fashion and something happens(va doesn't fill prescription or end of the world) my body will still be a making test.

Try an AI or lead the conversation to actual testosterone?

Last edited:
I have to correct the date of the last lab and add E2. I also have the labs from 6 days later. Same time of day.

21 June
TT=405/438
Free T=57
LH=4.7
FSH=2.9
E2=24
Estrogen=120
SHBG=54

27 June
TT=423/428
Free T=76
SHBG=41

I found a study by a D Simon in 1999 that puts the mean for my age group 621-669. The bottom 5th percentile at 348 and the top 5th percentile at 975.

I'm not going to go with an AI alone. I'll will push for actual TRT by the docs. I have enough medical studies to prove my case of LowT and I've actually found nothing medically to refute my claims. After Halfwits link to male reproduction and epilepsy I changed the words I was using in Google and I have roughly 50 references and the majority of them are legit studies.

To sum us everything I read a good portion of epileptic males have sexual reproduction impairment, lower testosterone levels and that increasing testosterone to age appropriate level can have a good effect on seizure control/raising seizure threshold as well as general quality of life. I have a study where a guy was given adex and the testosterone boost helped with his epilepsy.

I have stopped working out due to lower strenght, increased muscle fatigue and recover time. I did a semi heavy duty/1 set to failure style chest workout.

3 warm up incline bench 50lb
1 set of 120 lbs incline for 11 reps plus 1 spotted
1 set of 150 lbs flat for 6 reps plus 2 spotted
1 set of dumb bell flies at 30 lbs 10 reps plus 2 spotted

Pretty faqin ridiculous!

My chest was sore for 5 days! I helped someone mow a large lawn on a riding lawn mower and it felt like I was hungover the next day. Walking up our stairs from the basement causes my legs to burn and if I go up and down several times they will get weak and shaky. I shoveled probably 4 wheelbarrow loads of dirt/rock mix and was exhuasted. I then had a seizure before bed which I assume was from fatigue and elevated stress hormones and chemicals like cortisol. I lost 50lb on my dead lift. I last did 200 lb rest pause style for 2 "sets". Reps were 2/1/2 and then 3/I/0. I could barely even get 200 lbs one time when I tried. I did get 150 lbs 2 or 3 times and felt completely exhuasted and almost dizzy.

If I had my way I'd have a rig with 200mg sticking in my thigh right now!

Last edited:
Back