Just wanted to share with you guys

gruntwerk

I am banned!
I had posted before in here and the cycles thread about TRT and cycling of course as I was planning to run my first cycle starting yesterday (June 1st) until my pre cycle labs showed I was hypogonadal @ 149ng/dl. I had the test repeated 2 more times all first thing in the AM, again all around 150 or lower.

Started test-e @ 100mg a week (split 50mg on Mon-Thur), HCG @ 500 iu a week, and arimidex .5mg twice a week.

Just wanted to say being 5 weeks in now, and in the start of week 6 I've noticed a huge change thus far in my mood and libido. I've also noticed my body composition is starting to shift more lean and I'm able to eat more than I did before TRT, even with some dirty meals mixed in I'm still dropping BF. My body has clearly become much more efficient with anything I eat as my recovery time is much faster in the gym, endurance is higher, and strength is going up weekly. Prior to starting TRT I could only eat about 2000 calories if I was looking to drop weight, now I'm eating around 2,900-3,100 and still dropping body fat.

I get my labs next week so we will see where everything is but I just wanted to share how much TRT has improved things for me so far, I knew something was wrong before as I'm only 30 so I shouldn't have been struggling as much as I was. Huge difference and can't wait to see what comes in the future.

Also a huge thanks to Halfwit for helping me out so much!!!

Great to hear. Sounds similar to my story, but I've got a little over a decade on you. Probably should have been tested sooner, but like you I tested three times before starting. For some reason I just didn't believe it, or didn't want to.

Yes Mike, I also meant to say a huge thanks to this board in general! I wanted to share two photos, picture one is March first prior to starting to lift again and picture two is June 1st and into week 7 on TRT. Honestly most if of the change hit when I started TRT, did not see much change in the month of getting back into it without TRT.

My TT came back at 736 ng/dl with 100mg a week, working on getting my e2 back up as I crashed it to a 6 since I thought I had high e2 symptoms... but hey you learn some how. Now I need to prioritize my cut obviously, still learning how my eating habits can change when having a healthy test level.

My photos keep going sideways... anyone know how I can fix it?

Last edited:
I've also noticed my body composition is starting to shift more lean and I'm able to eat more than I did before TRT, even with some dirty meals mixed in I'm still dropping BF. My body has clearly become much more efficient with anything I eat as my recovery time is much faster in the gym, endurance is higher, and strength is going up weekly. Huge difference and can't wait to see what comes in the future.

I'm almost 3 years on TRT but with similar results. I now have more muscle size and better muscle definition that I have ever had before in my life, and I am 73. I love the stuff!

I'm almost 3 years on TRT but with similar results. I now have more muscle size and better muscle definition that I have ever had before in my life, and I am 73. I love the stuff!

May I ask what your test levels were at when you started at 70? I take it you consider starting TRT the right move then? So far I have no regrets at all, making things so much better for me.

May I ask what your test levels were at when you started at 70? I take it you consider starting TRT the right move then? So far I have no regrets at all, making things so much better for me.

My test level was 270 ng/dL before TRT. My doctor suggested TRT as an option because I had osteoporosis that was not responding adequately to Fosamax. I liked the suggestion and for me it has worked out fabulously.

I am getting a bit tired of the injections, but I do a shallow IM injection in my thigh using a 29 gauge 1/2 inch needle, so it's not too bad. The results are well worth the inconvenience.

My test level was 270 ng/dL before TRT. My doctor suggested TRT as an option because I had osteoporosis that was not responding adequately to Fosamax. I liked the suggestion and for me it has worked out fabulously.

I am getting a bit tired of the injections, but I do a shallow IM injection in my thigh using a 29 gauge 1/2 inch needle, so it's not too bad. The results are well worth the inconvenience.

I'm almost incredulous that a doctor actually recommended testosterone. They usually would rather do nothing than offer Testosterone. You are a lucky man.

My TT was 149 ng/dl prior to starting TRT... crazy to think I had a lower level than a fella in his 70's!!

I have to agree that the injections can become a little old, I already don't like poking myself too much for the IM shots, I don't mind doing the subq ones for HCG at all though. You haven't had any issues using such a short needle for the thigh? I always thought it needed to be buried kinda deep.

What's your dosage like?

Could give the pellets a try if you really dislike injections. Unfortunately the ones insurance cover are not strong enough, because insurance will only cover the brand. The compounded pellets are much better and can made specific for you.

You haven't had any issues using such a short needle for the thigh? I always thought it needed to be buried kinda deep.

What's your dosage like?

No real issues. Sometimes the injection is a little painful initially, but usually not. Sub Q works, so why not shallow IM? It works for me.

I usually inject 0.45 ml every 4 days. That's equivalent to about 157 mg/week. That dose keeps my TT quite high - 1200-1300 ng/dL trough. No troubles with those levels so far.

However, my doctor wants me to be well within normal range and my insurance company will not pay if TT exceeds 800. Therefore, I cut my dose in half for a couple of weeks before I have official blood work.

Last edited:
Had to dig up my old thread to finally say I have e2 dialed in! If
You read up you'll see I crashed it to a 6 with the standard essay by using way to much adex.

Switched to aromasin about 4 weeks ago at 12.5MG ED and e2 came in today at 32 and I feel WAY better, especially my joints. Was the sensitive essay as well.

My new TT should be in this coming week but shouldn't have changed a ton anyway, dose was increased from 100mg to 120mg of legal test cyp, dose change was around same time as the aromasin adjustment so everything matches well!!

Just had to share because I see a lot of guys give up on here, they feel off and throw in the towel. I stayed patient and asked the right questions, made adjustments and now feel so much better by just waiting it out. I have a slight LVH so this process has worried me but I know the truth is without TRT is I will die young and miserable as shit, I'm only 30.

Anyway stay strong guys and be patient, takes time!!!

What made you decide to try aromasin? just curious.

Couldn't seem to find a good dose for adex and had read that aromasin is more forgiving. Also read some research suggesting it can boost free test a bit by lowering SHBG, also can raise IGF-1 some too.

I feel better on it than taking adex but that could me mental due to the ED dosing, with the arimidex I feel like I'm not controlling my e2 properly... I get in my head that twice a week isn't enough so I dose extra and crash myself. The ED protocol with aromasin helps with that mental piece for me, plus like I said makes me feel better, better wood too but that's likely because of healthy e2 level.

Couldn't seem to find a good dose for adex and had read that aromasin is more forgiving. Also read some research suggesting it can boost free test a bit by lowering SHBG, also can raise IGF-1 some too.

I feel better on it than taking adex but that could me mental due to the ED dosing, with the arimidex I feel like I'm not controlling my e2 properly... I get in my head that twice a week isn't enough so I dose extra and crash myself. The ED protocol with aromasin helps with that mental piece for me, plus like I said makes me feel better, better wood too but that's likely because of healthy e2 level.
thanks for sharing.

Back