Kava Kava for anxiety?

gator_mclusky

Man on a Mission
Seems there have been a few threads on anxiety lately. Has anyone used Kava Kava? Are there any other OTC remedies for anxiety that actually work?

gator_mclusky said:
Seems there have been a few threads on anxiety lately. Has anyone used Kava Kava? Are there any other OTC remedies for anxiety that actually work?

I have heard a lot of positive feedback on Kava Kava,but like Dadawg said,I have never personally used it.I thought I read somewhere their could be liver issues with prolonged use or high dosages but maybe I am thinking of something else.I will see if I can pull up some articles on it.

Kava is awesome, IF you get a good product. I got some from the vitamin shop that was 45% kavalactones (which is the active ingredient) and I took 8-10 and it was good. Very calming and relaxing. I got some Tea from a place on the internet that specializes in the stuff and it was incredible!!! One cup and I felt like I had 3-4 glasses of wine. Definately not able to drive....... Do a search and you will find the place, they had several "levels" of the stuff I got an upper mid level kind. I think $35 for a pound or so, which lasts a while.
Ive heard some people use it to beat lie detecter tests :eyes:

Thompson31580 said:
Kava is awesome, IF you get a good product. I got some from the vitamin shop that was 45% kavalactones (which is the active ingredient) and I took 8-10 and it was good. Very calming and relaxing. I got some Tea from a place on the internet that specializes in the stuff and it was incredible!!! One cup and I felt like I had 3-4 glasses of wine. Definately not able to drive....... Do a search and you will find the place, they had several "levels" of the stuff I got an upper mid level kind. I think $35 for a pound or so, which lasts a while.
Ive heard some people use it to beat lie detecter tests :eyes:
Interesting...thanks for all the replies.

I've used Kava before and thought it was decent, at best.....but nothing beats the stinky sweet cheeba.

Gumbo

blackjack said:
Kava Kava and valerian is a good combo. use it at night it will put you to sleep.
I went to several drug stores and they dont carry it around here anymore(Kava) They said Health food stores did but screw GNC. I picked up some Valerian root and my script for Klonopin will be good in a few days.

Thanks for the input my friend.

gator

gator_mclusky said:
I went to several drug stores and they dont carry it around here anymore(Kava) They said Health food stores did but screw GNC. I picked up some Valerian root and my script for Klonopin will be good in a few days.

Thanks for the input my friend.

gator

Klonopin literally saved my life.Been on it for over two years now.Good stuff.

nothin beats a prescription...Kava Kava doesn't work...I took that as well as other stuff...Now I got my prescrip which comes in handy during a cycle...

Is klonopin prescrip??

tbolfist said:
nothin beats a prescription...Kava Kava doesn't work...I took that as well as other stuff...Now I got my prescrip which comes in handy during a cycle...

Is klonopin prescrip??

yes it is. and if u drink with it..u can get fucking smashed if u dont watch it

TheQuietMan said:
Yes,I can no longer drink alcohol while on klonopin,but the klonopin makes me feel so good I don`t miss it.
Yea...i had some extra stress so i started takin two instead of one than I was out! Those things are great. Not as addictive as Xans and coming off em is easier.
It ll amplify the alcohol effect for sure. Ive got a friend that was abusin em bad with liquor and he was fallin down and shit. He calls em "Clumbsypins"
If ya just take a low dose and a few beers its very relaxing. Its relaxing without the beers as well.
I was takin too many Xans and doc switched me to Klonopins and slowly tapered the dose to where I just tak 1 mg tablets when needed. He only gives me 30 but Im glad. I wasnt happy being a zombie on high doses of Xans. Coming off em was a living Hell.
I bought some herbal stuff last night...some Valerian root and some other thing called Calms. Couldnt find any Kava. Not sure if it worked much or not....I did sleep a lil deeper and a lil longer.
I dunno...just waitin to get that script filled when its time.

Back