Knee injury,some advice neaded.

sazookeeper

I was squatting two weeks back when I felt a slight pain in my left knee under the knee cap.I have always done 15 reps with one plate each side to get the blood flowing .Then we add one plate per set up to 4 plates.My knee started to pain on the second set ,two plates per side.This is light weight so I continued adding the plates.The pain stayed the same,not to bad.Well the following week when I started my first set I dropped staight to the floor.The problem is the knee feels fine until I try and straighten my leg.Then the pain is so bad I had tears in my eyes.Now I can`t squat ,dead lift ,bend over rows ,cable rows even lifting dumbbells off the rack if a fucking test of my pain threshhold.The doc says just give the gym a break for 6 weeks,but we all know that is not an option.What should I do ? Would strapping my knee help?Maybe some painkillers would help me train?

Have you tried taking any anti-inflamatories?

It could be a number of things but sounds like it could be inflamed cartilage which all you can do is strap it up and take a rest off your legs. Theres no point in training an injured bodypart all its gonna do is prolong your injury.

sazookeeper said:
I was squatting two weeks back when I felt a slight pain in my left knee under the knee cap.I have always done 15 reps with one plate each side to get the blood flowing .Then we add one plate per set up to 4 plates.My knee started to pain on the second set ,two plates per side.This is light weight so I continued adding the plates.The pain stayed the same,not to bad.Well the following week when I started my first set I dropped staight to the floor.The problem is the knee feels fine until I try and straighten my leg.Then the pain is so bad I had tears in my eyes.Now I can`t squat ,dead lift ,bend over rows ,cable rows even lifting dumbbells off the rack if a fucking test of my pain threshhold.The doc says just give the gym a break for 6 weeks,but we all know that is not an option.What should I do ? Would strapping my knee help?Maybe some painkillers would help me train?
Even pro athletes take time off when they get injured.

Why would you risk permanently fucking up your knee for no reason?

I hurt my shoulder and quit doing any exercise that caused discomfort for a month. When it didn't bother me I started doing shoulders again. Stop doing any exercise that causes pain for a while. There are plenty you can do for upper body and maybe leg extensions, but don't cause permanent damage. Maybe take glucosamine for your joints, but I believe you need to take for a month before it does anything.

OK so no leg workouts for the next 8 weeks.How much muscle am I going to loose in 8 weeks?I was thinking maybe run test at 500mg/week to try and hold on to the muscle that I`ve got?

Back