lbs per week

Trespass

Intellectual Advisor
I will be beginning a bulk phase shortly for the next few months and was wondering how many lbs/kgs should I try to gain each week for a somewhat lean bulk? I could just sit on my ass and eat constantly and go up 15-20 lbs in 2 weeks but that won't do me so much good.

Trespass said:
I will be beginning a bulk phase shortly for the next few months and was wondering how many lbs/kgs should I try to gain each week for a somewhat lean bulk? I could just sit on my ass and eat constantly and go up 15-20 lbs in 2 weeks but that won't do me so much good.

That is an impossible question to answer. There should be no number you shoot for. Your body will be different then mine or the next person. Concentrate on eating a proper diet. It might mean you gain 1/2 lb of muscle each week or maybe more or less.

Scale weight is not necessarly something you should care about.

That makes sense. I guess in a way I kind of knew that already. My last bulk cycle ended with me gaining way to much way to quickly so I will be trying to avoid that.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
I feel since it's said when you diet you shouldn't try to lose more than two lbs a week since that cuts into your muscle mass I think the same can be said for gaing. With either there may be an initial quick gain or loss but slow and steady is of course more practical. I'm bulking now and initial put 20 lbs on in the first 3 wks but now have settled down to about 1 lb every 4 days and feel pretty comfortable with this.

Back