Legit Test E week 10 and still no results

I started lifting again about 10 weeks post op just doing light(very) weights i.e. Bench press 90 lbs etc. dr wanted me to wait until 12 weeks then anything goes. My wife was hassling me about dr orders etc. had a dream one night about my chest ripping open while benching....woke my ass right up lol

Yea i bet it would haha thats a pretty decent effort how long post op now?? Did you lose much weight after the op

August 30 will be 4 years. I actually gained weight .. Got up to 280 @ 5-09 now about 250 and quite leaner but still around 20% maybe smidgeon higher.

Guys. There need not be any arguement on overtraining. The possibility of overtraining is 100% real and a fact that it can happen. Simple logic on the subject will tell you that it can happen.

Ah your a pretty solid guy then . Put on weight hmmm thats interesting were you always a solid build??

Fair call did you read any of my earlier post on the issue??
Nice read but i would like to know what type of training they we're talking about crossfit perhaps ????that sounds alot like fatigue related issues marathons cross fit style training thats not really the what it was about i was talking more so about targeting a specific muscle group i dont really want to write it all again i think its on page 3 of this thread i did mention high intensity training but i think were talking about diffrent things ??

Fair call did you read any of my earlier post on the issue??
Nice read but i would like to know what type of training they we're talking about crossfit perhaps ????that sounds alot like fatigue related issues marathons cross fit style training thats not really the what it was about i was talking more so about targeting a specific muscle group i dont really want to write it all again i think its on page 3 of this thread i did mention high intensity training but i think were talking about diffrent things ??

I did read your posts but, at the end of the day overtraining is real. It doesnt matyer what the argument is, overtraining is real.

Re read the article and you will see what type of training they are talking about.

Last edited:
High intensity resistance training could mean a great deal of different things . If thats your opinion good for you but i dont really think you got what i was talking about no offence not trying to piss anyone off

High intensity resistance training could mean a great deal of different things . If thats your opinion good for you but i dont really think you got what i was talking about no offence not trying to piss anyone off

No no, youre not pissing me anyone off. Not me anyways. And Im not tryin to come off like a prick. But people are so confused on this issue and it need to be brought to light that its real. Its not just my opinion.

Fair enough brother i do understand what you are saying im off to bed anyway getting late over this side of the globe catch you fellas later

still think there is a huge difference between "Over Reaching" and "Over Training" .

95% of the time guys end up over reaching , and they mistake that as over training just because they develop similar symptoms to that of over training , , progress stops, fatigue sets in, weakness, lack of motivation and lack of appetite. That is over reaching and all that is needed is a 'de-load' and recovery phase. And this is an actual 'tool' and can be beneficial to overall performance.

where as true "Over Training" is a neurological / Nervous system problem, and actual 'sickness' sets in and your body begins to shut down. You don't need a 'de-load' , you need a full recovery and possibly medical treatment .. its very rare, imo, for guys in body building to ever get to this point.

Exactly right Roush like you said before when mentioned usmc Sasr commandos when those guys die in training similar to marathon runners that die from from fatigue

Exactly right Roush like you said before when mentioned usmc Sasr commandos when those guys die in training similar to marathon runners that die from from fatigue

the very first marathoner in history died from over training -- ;)

The name Marathon[n 1] comes from the legend of Pheidippides, a Greek messenger. The legend states that he was sent from the battlefield of Marathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the Battle of Marathon (in which he had just fought), which took place in August or September, 490 BC. It is said that he ran the entire distance (26 miles) without stopping and burst into the assembly, exclaiming "we have won", before collapsing and dying

so the dude fought in a several day long battle, then he ran a 26 mile long 'marathon' .. probably with little food or sleep . Fuker was way over trained

Last edited:
I know I sure as shit feel like I overtrained my legs yesterday, today! UUgghh!! walking around all hobbled n stuff. lol.
Eh, I musta done something right hitting squats:)

As plenty of members have already stated, overtraining is real. This isn't just my "opinion"...its a proven fact that has been established for decades so what someone may "believe" has zero relevance here:

A Review of Overtraining Syndrome?Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/8157006_Does_overtaining_exist_An_analysis_of_overreaching_and_overtraining_research

Over training syndrome (OTS) is a recognized condition and one of the main reasons why practically every single elite athlete, including strength athletes, have periodized programmes - to avoid overtraining and have planned periods of overreaching where necessary.

As for the difference between overtraining & overreaching, it comes down to the time period.
Overtraining is the result of high intensity and/or high volume training over a sustained period of time. Overreaching is training at a high intensity and/or volume for a short period of time (a few weeks at most) and can actually accelerate muscle growth when planned accordingly.

Back