Votes: 64 18.6%
  • ALA

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • Milk Thistle

Votes: 208 60.5%
  • other- please specify

Votes: 28 8.1%

• Total voters
Milk Thistle has poor bioavailability, we've tried augmenting that with liver juice through the LV Tech. I think UDCA is the ultimate in liver protection though.

please help me!

Milk Thistle has been used as a liver aid by body builders for many years. I personally don't know anyone who used it and sucessfully lowered their liver values with it. When I asked Dr Scruggs about it he told me it was ineffective according to the liver panels he saw of his patients who used it. Since he has the medical records of over 800 AS using patients I think he is a good source of anecdotal evidence. From what I have seen posted over the last few years I would say he's right.
I can post studies and literature reviews that conclude that in fact MT is not effective liver protection but I have already done that a dozen times in the last year.

BioDrugs 2001;15(7):465-89

Silymarin: a review of its clinical properties in the management of hepatic disorders.

Wellington K, Jarvis B.

Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand.

Drugs 2001;61(14):2035-63

The use of silymarin in the treatment of liver diseases.

Saller R, Meier R, Brignoli R.

Abteilung Naturheilkunde, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland.

I posted on another thread here what I consider to be the most compelling reason for someone to use Tyler Liver Detox. That being the posts about Tyler from the boards over the last 2 years. Like this one below. If you want to add MT to it great, it's already in the Tyler but if you think it will help to add more then by all means do it. But start with Tyler.

BOOGER T
AF Member posted 10-04-2002 12:02 PM

A WHILE BACK I POSTED THAT MY LIVER VALUES WERE UP. I ORDERED TYLERS LIVER DETOX. IN JUST 3 WEEKS I WENT BACK TO THE DOC JUST TO SEE IF IT WORKS. WELL IM CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF A SUSPENSION/ Winstrol (winny) CYCLE(WINNY AT 100MG ED).

WELL MY DOC TOLD ME THAT MY LIVER ENZYMES DROPPED BY 50%!!!AND IM IN THE MIDDLE OF TAKING A 17AA ORAL AT 100MG A DAY!

WELL MY LIVER THANKS YOU GUYS!

can u give me a full text! i need it for my lesson
Thanks

Back