liver support regimen?

Carl1000

i'm looking for a nuclear grade liver support regimen. when i'm done, i want my liver kissing my fucking feet and serving up bile on a gold platter on one of those purple pillows while chicks with huge boobs wave palm fronds and chant my praises. i want my liver to fucking love me.

lay it on me boys, what's my supp or stack?

Carl1000 said:
i'm looking for a nuclear grade liver support regimen. when i'm done, i want my liver kissing my fucking feet and serving up bile on a gold platter on one of those purple pillows while chicks with huge boobs wave palm fronds and chant my praises. i want my liver to fucking love me.

Liv52, milk thistle.... perhaps a little no-flush niacin at the end. This will more than suffice.

I learned this from my guy: When taking an oral steroid, right before you administer it, drink about 12 oz of grapefruit juice or orange concentrate with some flaxseed oil. Supposedly the acidity of the fruit and the flaxseed oil will help to temporarily coat and protect your liver, thus reducing liver toxicity. Believe me, my connection is a freaking genious when it comes to juice which is why I am glad I know him. Also, go with Parker's advice regarding the milk thistle. About 1000 mg/day should do the trick!

Musculo Fuerte said:
I learned this from my guy: When taking an oral steroid, right before you administer it, drink about 12 oz of grapefruit juice or orange concentrate with some flaxseed oil. Supposedly the acidity of the fruit and the flaxseed oil will help to temporarily coat and protect your liver, thus reducing liver toxicity. Believe me, my connection is a freaking genious when it comes to juice which is why I am glad I know him.
Sorry, this is total bullshit.

Do you have ANYTHING to back this up except the word of your "genius" friend?

In fact, the grapefruit juice MAY actually INCREASE toxicity because grapefruit juice inhibits an enzyme which helps to metabolize many medications, including many which can be harmful to the liver.

Carl1000 said:
Great....cheapest place to buy milk thistle?
I buy milk thistle and liv-a-new from puritan.com

However, these liver supplements aren't magical. In fact, we aren't even totally sure they do much at all. So don't binge on dbol thinking it is ok because you are taking a liver supplement.

But I take them. After having my liver enzymes ~20 times the top of the normal range, I would be stupid not to take them simply because they might help and every little bit is important to me.

I believe that it located in an anabolics book, but I can check up on it to make sure. That's why I used the word SUPPOSEDLY, which indicates that it may or may not be true. Plus, I would think that the flaxseed oil would help. But hey, what can I do? Trying to help here. But, I know for a fact that milk thistle is the mother of all liver protectants. Cheapest place? Google 'discount milk thistle' or something along those lines.

Dammit! No, you're right- I was mistaken: the grapefruit juice actually can enhance orals, giving you more bang for your buck. So, in this case, maybe that wouldn't be the best choice, so my bad there... But the flaxseed oil should be a nice addition to the milk thistle. It's good you're considering putting some 'insurance' on your body there Carl. A lot of people overlook all of it, and end up damaging themselves even more. So, kudos to you!

Carl1000 said:

1. Milk Thistle

2. No orals

3. No alcohol....yes this makes a big diff

4. A colon cleanse

5. Whole grains

6. Cod Liver Oil

Musculo Fuerte said:
...and the flaxseed oil will help to temporarily coat and protect your liver, thus reducing liver toxicity.
The liver isn't part of the digestive tract.

Sorry to jump on you about this, but over the years I'd heard ppl make other ridiculous claims such as "the dbol isn't as bad for you if its in liquid." It is all sheer rubbish.

I'm all for the colon cleanse, though. Especially if you incorporate artichoke and dandelion root along with the liver support regime. I'm planning on doing a good two week cleanse before I start on my cycle.

Musculo Fuerte said:
I'm all for the colon cleanse, though. Especially if you incorporate artichoke and dandelion root along with the liver support regime. I'm planning on doing a good two week cleanse before I start on my cycle.

I am a huge believer in good colon health as I have seen far too many patients afflicted by colon problems.

I too am all for colon cleansings. I have not got one done yet.....I just keep shoving it on the back burner.....but I will.

Miss Muscle said:
I am a huge believer in good colon health as I have seen far too many patients afflicted by colon problems.

I too am all for colon cleansings. I have not got one done yet.....I just keep shoving it on the back burner.....but I will.
See the thread mentioned in the post above yours if you haven't already.

Regardless, we all agree I'm sure that a healthy colon is a good thing. Based on what we know, a diet high in fiber is best for this.

The other day I picked up a marked down Enzymatic whole body cleanse program that we had at work. A customer told me that it really does the trick, so I thought "what the hell? Might as well give it a go!" It's a two week program, so while on it I'm going to up my fruit and veggie intake, drink more craploads of water than I already do, and enjoy the ride. Going to do it later this month. What's gotta be done, gotz to be done! (Haven't done a full one either Miss M. so, it should be interesting...)

mranak said:
Sorry, this is total bullshit.

Do you have ANYTHING to back this up except the word of your "genius" friend?

In fact, the grapefruit juice MAY actually INCREASE toxicity because grapefruit juice inhibits an enzyme which helps to metabolize many medications, including many which can be harmful to the liver.

Yea i think mranaks right on this. Cuz that's why you can drink it with painkillers to make them hit harder and last longer cuz they dont metabolize as quick.

I_feel_nothing said:
Yea i think mranaks right on this. Cuz that's why you can drink it with painkillers to make them hit harder and last longer cuz they dont metabolize as quick.

that makes alot of sense, cuz back in my drinking days i used to pop 2 vikes before I started and always felt a whole hell of a lot better when i drank screwdrivers or vodka/cranberries to start the night off

MilkDaScow said:
that makes alot of sense, cuz back in my drinking days i used to pop 2 vikes before I started and always felt a whole hell of a lot better when i drank screwdrivers or vodka/cranberries to start the night off

well that coulda been the vodka, but whatever works, right? haha.

Back