Local gym 12 week transformation challenge log

Primoballin

Jan 9 2017 was my initial weigh in at 268 lbs. a bit soft I'll admit but still carrying quite a bit of muscle mass. 49 year old that's been lifting off and on since high school.
I don't normally post max lifts as I don't generally do sets of less than 5 reps as I'm not a power lifter, or saying strength isn't important just not as important as looking strong and staying sound so I can keep lifting without nagging injuries us old guys can get. With that said, I'm currently nursing an aching left shoulder. It seems to be getting a little better, as I hurt less after shoulder and bench presses.

I can squat 315x5 for a couple sets, and have started using wraps again at this weight. I bought some knee sleeves which should be here tomorrow as well.
Last pr on bench press was 315x4. I won't be going that heavy again until my shoulder feels better.
I've added cardio 3-4 x/week at 30-45'min ea session.
My diet has been a modified carb cycling which seems to be working. I have several higher carb days(200gr) when I do legs and back( different days) then low carb days otherwise(100gr or less). Calories are 2300 -2600.

I'm shooting for 2-3 lbs/week. As the weight loss stalls, I'll drop cal a couple hundred and/or add more cardio.

Current weight is right at 260lb first thing in the morning. Most of that could be glycogen depletion along with some fat loss.
Low carb days I'm taking in 4-6 TB mct oil as well in 2-3 servings.
And yes, currently doing some test for trt and therapeutic dose of deca along with adex for ai.

Strong lifts.
Height?
Weight loss goal/BF goal? What is appx BF currently?
5-09
Handheld bioimpedence type at the gym had me at 29%. I'm guessing that's high. 36" waist, 50" chest, arms pumped flexed 20", 19.25, legs? Not sure but loose jeans are a must otherwise I look like Peter Pan. Arm shot on avi is mine

Bf goal is a legitimate 15%

Last edited:
Just my luck.. fighting bronchitis again. Antibiotics make me weak even though I fell better.
Weight is holding at 260

Just my luck.. fighting bronchitis again. Antibiotics make me weak even though I fell better.
Weight is holding at 260

I went thru that crap after Xmas. Just sucks all my strength n motivation. Take care there.

Weight loss looks good. Don't drop too fast. About where do you see your weight then as a goal?

I went thru that crap after Xmas. Just sucks all my strength n motivation. Take care there.

Weight loss looks good. Don't drop too fast. About where do you see your weight then as a goal?

In the 220's

Just picked up my rx . Augmentin, albuterol inhaler, prednisone. Hopefully I'll feel like working out by Saturday. Also got a pair of Rehband knee sleeves today

Last edited:
Got in my first workout in a week tonight. The layoff has helped my left shoulder. Didn't go any higher than 275 flat bench but overall it felt ok. A little pain now, but not as bad as a few weeks ago. Starting think it's just some tendinitis..I'm hoping anyways.
Incline dumbells were good. 85's x 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Wrapped it up supersetting dips with body weight and scoop flyers on the double cable crossovers.

Still coughing crap up and a little out of breath, but felt good to get out of the house.

Weight 261.5 Back at it tonite with legs. Looks like my brother same mother might be my regular partner again for awhile. He's taller, a bit leaner and quite younger, 32, I think. We get along pretty well. He's natural, a bit of an athlete. I've seen him take a few steps and jump into the back of a semi trailer with a 4 foot fiberglass ladder in one hand.

Anyway, we started with a rogue safety bar squat, my first with this bar. It has a different balance point but I liked it well enough. Puts more stress on the quads as the weight sits forward a little. About halfway between a back squat and a front squat.
Worked up to several sets with 275 for 6 and 7 reps.
Bro is just getting started and didn't want to do too much, so we ended with leg presses then toe raises drop sets.
Looking forward too getting swole with my br

Weight was back down to 258 this morning.

Tonight's training was back and biceps

Feeling some doms in my quads and hams. Fairly snug..good sore

Last edited:
257 this morning. Coming down again, even after a couple pieces of pizza last night at my grandaughters birthday party. I opted out of the cake. Thinking about getting some cardio today before shoulders.

Here's breakfast, sirloin steak, red peppers, Brussels sprouts, an egg , more egg whites,

Shoulder work tonight before a friends birthday party. Left shoulder seems to be pretty healed up. No issues with HS presses. Worked up to 2.5 plates per side with a band for resistance for 3 sets. I think it was 12, 10, 9 reps

Moved over to dumbell presses 80lbers. For 3 sets . Still seems pretty strong.
Finished with dumbell side laterals. These used to really bother left shoulder.. again, felt pretty good. Might have been able to handle 30's but didn't want to push it. Supersetted those with upright cable rows with a bent bar.

Looking forward to Tuesday bench presses with a fairly healthy shoulder. Although lately it seems like I'm getting some tendinitis in my right elbow. I'll try icing that tomorrow with some massage

Chest today. Worked up to 275 on the flat bench. 3 sets 6,7,6 reps
Incline dumbells 85's don't remember reps exactly but I got 12-13 first set and only 9 last set.

Cable flyes from high to low then low to high
.2 sets of dips till my tris were toast

Weight was 260 . Chest congestion feeling better .Gonna get some cardio tomorrow

Also, my Kalpa primo arrived today. Cycle will morph into 200 mg primo enth, 175 sust, 125 deca EOD and 80 mg var ed

Last edited:
Chest today. Worked up to 275 on the flat bench. 3 sets 6,7,6 reps
Incline dumbells 85's don't remember reps exactly but I got 12-13 first set and only 9 last set.

Cable flyes from high to low then low to high
.2 sets of dips till my tris were toast

Weight was 260 . Chest congestion feeling better .Gonna get some cardio tomorrow

Also, my Kalpa primo arrived today. Cycle will morph into 200 mg primo enth, 175 sust, 125 deca EOD and 80 mg var ed

damn that looks so good and healthy. is that Chinese?

damn that looks so good and healthy. is that Chinese?

This version has some chicken sausage in it but usually I start with sirloin steak or chicken breast add Brussel sprouts mushrooms onion jalapeño. Add in some red pepper/onion sauce from Costco. When the sprouts are about done I add some very very teriyaki and spinach leaves. The spinach cooks fast then bon Appétit I add some Sriracha right before I eat. Oh I also added some rice pilaf I precooked

Back