Long Road Ahead/Body Rebuild

classic

All,
I'm looking at a long rebuilding process ahead of me due to not taking care of myself for the last 10 yrs. I've put work ahead of my health and I've paid the price with poor eating habits, not working out and many injuries. Now I have been pushed into a desk job at work so things are looking worse for my health/future. This is now in the past.

Now to the present,
I have taken the advice of other forum members and hired 3J's to help me through this body rebuild. I have also signed up for a 24hr gym membership. I think that you have to put health before money and get the guidance from a respected source. I hope that by having both 3J's and this journal to hold me accountable that my chances of success will be far greater than without.

I am really appreciative of all the people on this forum for taking the time to keep their journals. It really does help to read about others overcoming the obstacles that they face to achieve their goals. Hopefully, this journal will do the same for others also.

Stats: 3-1-15

Height: 71"
Weight: 261
BF%: 38
Neck:18.5"
Chest: 50"
Stomach: 48.5"
Waist: 43.5"
L Forearm: 12.5"
R Forearm: 13"
L Bicep: 14
R Bicep: 14
L Calf: 16.5"
R Calf: 17"
L Thigh: 24.5"
R Thigh: 24.5"

Figured I'd also give an unbiased opinion of 3J's services so far:

I emailed him on 2-22-15: responded within 30 mins, we emailed back and forth 16 times on that day getting everything nailed down as to what I expected and what he provides. I'm very cautious when it comes to unknown people and money changing hands. He had everything to me that we agreed upon in five days, within the time that he states. This was on a Sunday.

Later

All,
I am trying to catch this thread up to the present so this will be from the 3-5-15 date.

Everything has gone well so far. I am on point with 3J's diet plan and using the workout that he provided also. I figure to go with the program and if any changes need to be made I'll follow his lead. I figured that it would be best to give a schedule of my day to help give a base to work from.

Schedule:

Wake up: 2:30am
Meal 1: 2:45am
Workout: 3:45am( I workout here to avoid the crowds and end of day at work can stretch out on any given day)
At Work: 5-5:30am
POW Meal 2: 6:00am
Meal 3: 9:00am
Meal 4: 12:00pm
Meal 5: 3:00pm
Leave Work: 4-5:00pm
Meal 6: 6:00pm
Sleep: 7-8:00pm

Work out is going well. Mainly just getting used to the schedule and the equipment at this gym. I am also being careful not to aggravate any past shoulder or back issues.

I will be giving new stats on my next post as that will be the first full week on the program.

Later

Last edited:
All,
I am still trying to catch this thread up to the present so this will be from the 3-12-15 date.

Everything is rolling along. Still on point with the diet. I have hit every workout and have felt it but what do you expect after 10yrs. of body abuse lol. I am finding it hard to keep up with the food prep since I am doing it on the fly(will be changing that soon). Well here are the stats as the proof is in the numbers.

Stats: 3-12-15

Weight: 254lbs(-7lbs)
BF%: 39(+1)
Chest: 49"(-1")
Stomach: 47"(-1.5")
Waist: 43"(-.5")
L Forearm: 13"(+.5")
L Bicep: 14.5"(+.5)
R Bicep: 15"(+1")
L Calf: 16.5"
L Thigh: 24.5"
R Thigh: 24.5"

Not too bad overall. Caffeine withdrawal was the usual headaches for me but that was gone in three days. I will say that before starting this I honestly couldn't eat much during a day. My 120lb wife could eat more than i could hands down. The first 3-4 days was miserable for me when it came to eating. I felt stuffed all of the time. By the 6th day I was feeling hungry at 2-3 hrs after the last meal. My metabolism has been so slow for so long that it is hard to describe. I feel that it is moving in the right direction now but has a ways to go.

Later

All,
Well this thread is all caught up now. I had planned to do this from the beginning but things have been busy and I dropped the ball on it. Today I will be doing prep for my meals for most of the week to help me not feel so behind and rushed in the mornings. I think it will also help me to get my grocery list under control and easier to fix. Looking forward to the week.

Later

All,
Workouts are going great just keeping it a little light when working around my right shoulder. Had an injury there that just doesn't want to go away. 1 month of workouts and feeling really good about them. I've been able to move up in weight 23 times so I am trying to push myself. Hit leg press for my fourth set 8 reps at 617lbs so I'm starting to get some strength back. 3j's diet has been really good with plenty of options to keep things from getting boring. He has been there when ever I have questions so props to him and his services as they have been well worth the money. Pretty much keeping things as they are until I stop moving up on my lifts or I see some change in b%f or body weight changes. Here are the latest numbers below.

Weight: 250.5bs(-10.5lbs)
BF%: 37%(-1%)
Chest: 48.5"(-1.5")
Stomach: 46"(-2.5")
Waist: 42.5"(-1.5")
L Forearm: 13"(+.5")
L Bicep: 14."
R Bicep: 14.5"(+.5")
L Calf: 16"(-.5")
L Thigh: 24"(-.5")
R Thigh: 24"(-.5")

Later

Making progres. It sucks getting that bad I know I was there till I found this place and hired 3j.

Keep it up :)

It's probably healthy that you want to get into better shape.

If you aren't already, periodically take photos so you can visually document your progress. Post some here, if you're comfortable: we want to look at your body, lol.

Not a criticism, an observation only, not clear from your posts why you made this commitment to better fitness now in your life?

Also, what are your specific goals if any, to get down to 210 lbs, compete next year in your local NPC bodybuilding contest, have more and better sex, other?

Actually, now that I think on it, those are sort of my goals, except I want to get UP to 210 lbs (from my current 185), lol!

Back