Looking for Professional Opinion on Blood Panel Results

Gotchya. It's time to visit a longevity clinic :) If you can lose a few lbs it would really help with your cholesterol levels. For now I would increase fish oil intake, and if you're not taking it with Vitamin E, be sure to do so to protect the fatty acids.

I was planning on dropping a few pounds but didnt place such a priority on it until now. Since this discussion, I'm going to retake the test, drop a few pounds, and figure out whats going on before I start cycling again.

Any chance the cycling had a negative effect on my HDL? I know that in high doses androgens can raise your LDL and lower your HDL, but i always thought it was during the cycle and not post.

Asprin interfere with the platelets in the blood which are basically blood clotting cells. So if you get a cut, platelets will clot at the site of the wound so it can heal without losing too much blood. If you ever noticed after taking asprin or drinking alcohol, cuts tend to bleed a lot more bc the clotting mechanism of the platelets are inhibited.

I've never had the need to do a self-draw, I donate to the Red Cross, so it hasn't been an issue for me. You could do it every few months as needed and usually around a pint or so I would imagine. PM Austinite as he made a post about this exact issue earlier today and think he has a video for self-drawing techniques.

Thanks DOC.

I was planning on dropping a few pounds but didnt place such a priority on it until now. Since this discussion, I'm going to retake the test, drop a few pounds, and figure out whats going on before I start cycling again.

Any chance the cycling had a negative effect on my HDL? I know that in high doses androgens can raise your LDL and lower your HDL, but i always thought it was during the cycle and not post.

Great idea!!!

***8220;Anabolic/androgenic steroids use can adversely affect both HDL (good) and LDL (bad) cholesterol values. The ratio of HDL to LDL cholesterol fractions provides a rough snapshot of the ongoing disposition of plaque in the arteries, either favoring atherogenic or anti-atherogenic actions. The general pattern seen during steroid use is a lowering of HDL concentrations, which is often combined with stable or increased LDL levels. Triglyceride levels may also increase.The shift can be unfavorable in all directions. Note that in some cases, the total cholesterol count will not change significantly. The total cholesterol level can, therefore, give a false representation of uncompromised lipid health. Almost invariably the underlying HDL/LDL ratio will decrease. While this ratio should return to normal following the cessation of steroid ***8220;intake, plaque deposits in the arteries are more permanent. If unfavorable shifts in lipids are exacerbated by the long-term use of steroidal compounds, significant damage to the cardiovascular system can result.

Over time, plaque deposits may begin to narrow and close arteries. Anabolic/androgenic steroids are most consistent in their lowering of HDL levels. This adverse effect is mediated through the androgenic stimulation of hepatic lipase, a liver enzyme responsible for the breakdown of HDL (good) cholesterol.91 With more hepatic lipase activity in the body, the favorable (anti-atherogenic) HDL cholesterol particles are cleared from circulation more quickly, and their levels drop. This is an effect that seems to be very pronounced at even modest supratherapeutic dosage levels. For example, studies with testosterone cypionate noted a 21% drop in HDL cholesterol with a dosage of 300 mg per week.92 Increasing this dosage to 600 mg did not have any significant additional ***8220;additional effect, suggesting that the dosage threshold for strong HDL suppression is fairly low.

Oral steroids, especially c-17 alpha alkylated compounds, are particularly potent at stimulating hepatic lipase and suppressing HDL levels. This is due to first pass concentration and metabolism in the liver. A drug like stanozolol may, therefore, be milder than testosterone with regard to androgenic side effects, but not when it comes to cardiovascular strain. A study comparing the effects of a weekly injection of 200 mg testosterone enanthate to only a 6 mg daily oral dose of stanozolol demonstrates the strong difference between these two types of drugs very well.93 After only six weeks, 6 mg of stanozolol was shown to reduce HDL and HDL-2 cholesterol levels by an average of 33 and 71% respectively. HDL levels (mainly the HDL-3 subfraction) were reduced by only 9% in the testosterone group. LDL cholesterol levels also rose 29% with stanozolol, while they dropped 16% with testosterone. Esterified injectable steroids are generally less stressful to the cardiovascular system than oral agents.

It is also important to note that estrogens can have a favorable impact on cholesterol profiles. The aromatization of testosterone to estradiol may ***8220;in a third group, at a dose of 20 mg daily, to judge the comparative effect of an oral alkylated steroid. The group using only testosterone enanthate in this study showed a small but not significant decrease in HDL cholesterol values over the course of the 12-week investigation. After only four weeks, however, the group using testosterone plus the aromatase inhibitor displayed an HDL reduction of an average of 25%. The group taking methyltestosterone experienced the strongest HDL reduction in the study, which dropped 35% after four weeks. This group also noticed an unfavorable rise in LDL cholesterol levels.

The potential positive effect of estrogen on cholesterol values also makes the issue of estrogen maintenance something to consider when it comes to health risks. To begin with, one may want to consider whether or not estrogen maintenance drugs are actually necessary in any given circumstance. Are side effects apparent, or is their use a preventative step and perhaps unnecessary? The maintenance drug of choice can also have a measurable impact on cholesterol outcomes. For example, the estrogen receptor antagonist tamoxifen citrate does not seem to exhibit anti-estrogenic effects on cholesterol values, and in fact tends to increase. ***8220;increase HDL levels in some patients. Many individuals decide to use tamoxifen to combat estrogenic side effects instead of an aromatase inhibitor for this reason, particularly when***8221;

Excerpt From: Llewellyn, William. ***8220;Anabolics.***8221; iBooks.

Not sure if my conversation has turned into the right topic at this point, so I posted the same on "burning the fat" but any thoughts from you guys what you think Clen/Alb would do to the above bloodwork? I started Ketosis last Thursday but my energy is crap. Ive even cut my gym workout to minimum.

I'd like to drop a few, fast for 12 then get my bloodwork checked again.

Thoughts?

Back