Lost 25 pounds of solid muscle in jail.. also on TRT.. just got out.. now what..

I was in jail for 2 months and lost 20-30 pounds of solid muscle while I was in there..

I was on TRT before I went in and did obviously not have access to any shots for the two months so now my test is ridiculously low i'm sure

anyways what should I do..

i'm thinking of going right into a cycle of test E 500 for a couple months.. or do you think I should go back onto TRT for a while before going into the cycle? I have not pinned myself since I've been out..

what do I do guys :(

Were you self medicating the TRT? Otherwise they should have allowed you access to doctor prescribed medication.

Did they starve you? 20-30 pounds of lean mass lost in 2 months doesn't add up. If you indeed lost 30 pounds it most certainly wasn't all "rock solid muscle". Muscle doesn't waste away that fast unless you're on bed rest or T3.

Didn't you work out while in?

I'd go back on TRT until you regain that weight then consider a blast. What's the big rush?

Last edited:
You cannot loose 20 plus pounds of LMM in two months. Been there done that. Jail I mean and where I've lost 14 lbs in 4 days. Then at the end of 45 days had lost a total of 40lbs.

First your muscle will have to atrophy which will happen over everyday the muscles aren't used and or worked. Then the body has to do such things as muscle wasting, as in where your body eats the muscle for energy. Remember I can only speak in layman s terms as I an not a doctor.

This is what so many don't understand in regard to what makes up our weight in fat, fluids and muscle fibers. Of course we don't run around all day in out dieted cut down physiques we have some bulk consisting of several things.

Simply put if you lost 25 lbs of LMM then you would have to have lost a total of 50 - 60 plus pounds min. What you lost was about 85% water n fluids and 15% of that was LMM at best. It doesn't take long to get it back.

So eat and eat and train. It will come back. I've done it twice. :dunno:

That's my 2 cents

I would get back on TRT gain back as much lost muscle as possible then consider cycling again. I feel like cycling after loosing that much muscle could cause your muscles to grow faster then your tendons and result in a possible injury.

I was in jail for 2 months and lost 20-30 pounds of solid muscle while I was in there..

I was on TRT before I went in and did obviously not have access to any shots for the two months so now my test is ridiculously low i'm sure

i'm thinking of going right into a cycle of test E 500 for a couple months.. or do you think I should go back onto TRT for a while before going into the cycle? I have not pinned myself since I've been out..

pardon my skepticism, but you'd have to have lost around 60-80lbs of overall body weight in those 60 days for that to be true. How much did you weigh before going in?

Just TRT for a month or so. If yo haven't worked out or done anything for a couple months just get your body back into routine before you jump on a heavy cycle.

To repeat what everyone said you didn't lose that much muscle.

Were you self medicating the TRT? Otherwise they should have allowed you access to doctor prescribed medication.

Did they starve you? 20-30 pounds of lean mass lost in 2 months doesn't add up. If you indeed lost 30 pounds it most certainly wasn't all "rock solid muscle". Muscle doesn't waste away that fast unless you're on bed rest or T3.

Didn't you work out while in?

I'd go back on TRT until you regain that weight then consider a blast. What's the big rush?

Depends on the Jail Gainjin.

There is this loophole they use called "for the safety and security of the facility," and this is how they get away with not giving certain meds.

The county jail I was in was strict... they didn't allow any narcotics at all so if you went in on opiates you were forced to detox even though you had an RX, and if you were on benzos they would lock you down and taper you off to prevent seizure. The whole reason why they did this is because there is such a huge problem with inmates cheeking the meds and selling them which in return causes violence.

This county jail also did not allow TRT (even when on treatment before) because they said it can induce roid rage and cause that inmate to have too many issues. Super silly.

That is an awful lot of LMM though.

Depends on the Jail Gainjin.

There is this loophole they use called "for the safety and security of the facility," and this is how they get away with not giving certain meds.

The county jail I was in was strict... they didn't allow any narcotics at all so if you went in on opiates you were forced to detox even though you had an RX, and if you were on benzos they would lock you down and taper you off to prevent seizure. The whole reason why they did this is because there is such a huge problem with inmates cheeking the meds and selling them which in return causes violence.

This county jail also did not allow TRT (even when on treatment before) because they said it can induce roid rage and cause that inmate to have too many issues. Super silly.

That is an awful lot of LMM though.

I forgot prisoners lose a lot of rights. I hate the US penal system.

This is a real problem for guys who use AAS. If you ever find your self in lock up it will not be kind. The diet is terrible and you have no gear.

As far as what to do, well you know what to do. Eat, lift and juice.

Lets get the facts straight please, you say you lost 20 to 30 pounds in 2 months. 10 pounds is a big difference. How much did you weigh going in? Life in the big house is full of inmates working out day and night so what did you do when you went in all beefed up and lost it? Just sat there and let your muscles atrophy?

I went in the county jail on 3 a day Suboxone, a cycle of 750mg week test e and 100mg EOD prop. SO I spent 4 days lockdown to detox from the Suboxone. They reduced my Ibuprofen to 400 mgs ED only, with all my arthritis and bursitis. they would not give me one of my antidepressants (Trazadone) so I did not sleep. AND as we talk about it NO testosterone (not on TRT anyway) We know the food is shit.....

Talk about being sick ...hello !! :madflip:

Last edited:
My cousin got locked up for bs divorce crap, he had been working out since his teens and always had problem bulking up, (low metabolism issues, Ectomorph etc.) all through his 30s, but the 3 months he spent in the can he gained 20 pounds and got beefed up like a mo from working out all day. He did get a job as a trustee in the kitchen so was able to eat like a horse. He was even lifting in his cell by putting a bunch of books in a pillow case and doing workout routines that way to target his arms.
Anyway if those where 20 to 30 pounds of solid muscle that you lost why did you not do something to save them? I am assuming you invested alot of time/money to get those 20 to 30 pounds of muscle and I personally would of done all i could to save some of it.

Not much to do in the can other than play spades/pinochle, watch tv, eat and sleep.

I don't know if this break forum rules I just would know some body get caught while sell steroids? What penality you get for it? Jail directly and for how long?

I think a lot depends on what state you're in, as well as what county. The other huge difference is if you're talking prison versus county jail.

Most states will only sentence you to a max of 2 county years, that would be done in county jail - anything more is served in prison, as well as split bids like a 1-3 or 2-4. Now some states have the issue of prisons being flooded so there are inmates doing 20 years in county, I think Georgia is one of them places.

Point being, regardless of the state - prisons are typically designed for long term housing (obviously) so for most in prison this includes yard time that allows access to a decent amount of gym equipment. Now obviously one can lose this privilege if they lose yard, but the vast majority of "gen pop" prison inmates have access to weights. Most prisons also allow care packages to be mailed in (most county jails do not), this can allow said inmate to get high protein items mailed in along with more food in general, they are typically able to get protein powder shipped in as well if the family orders it directly from the online store and has it shipped to the inmate. I do know a lot of other supplements are not allowed for NY, but they can at least get protein. Typically commissary is much better in prison as well, where you can get a lot of protein containing items.

On the flip side most county jails are not fitted with real gym equipment, and many don't even have "yard" time so you may never go outside well doing county time. So basically in most county jails you're forced to bodyweight exercises, you can also use your laundry bag for curls or towels and have a buddy hold the other end to provide resistance. Typically county jails don't allow care packages and I've only heard of a few that have protein powder on commissary... most commissary is junk bullshit. You can get cookies for a buck a pack yet a small bag of mixed nuts is 3$ so most people invest in the sugary junk as you get more volume of food per dollar. Many county jails have a standardized diet that pretty much will suit any medical condition or religion, this way no one can get better food by falsely claiming a religion or such. This pretty much equates to all fake meat of course, soy patty crap. Well soy is a complete protein you don't get enough to support anything between the 3 meals, you get one 8oz serving of milk typically. So in all county jail diets are primarily based off carbs, even the trays served by the jail... mostly carbs. So unless you're stuck in some kick ass county jail with amazing commissary and lots of money on your books, you're stuck in a catabolic state. On stop of that it's hard to get motivated in county, it's just a dull, lame and life sucking experience. I would rather be in prison any day versus county, and yes I've done both.

Mind you I'm in NY so I'm speaking primarily of what I've seen myself in the NYS DOC, but based off documentaries and other folks stories it seems to be relatively the same state to state and county to county. Don't get me wrong the places aren't meant to be fun to don't take my rant in context that I think doing time should be a luxury, but I do believe county jails could use some of the prison systems ideas and it would vastly help with the issues associated with boredom and hunger. Working out and weight lifting is also a great way to learn discipline for some, as well as a way to help them reform... it surely helped me.

The whole steroids in prison myth is extra hyped up thanks to movies, at least up north.... there isn't enough demand for it there for it's not worth the risk and price of smuggling it in. I mean they're around but usually your typical bro science dbol only cycles. Takes an awful large operation to smuggle in a bunch of vials as well as supplies like syringes and needles, it's not practical. In all reality a vial of test-e alone would probably run 120$ then adding in the super marked up pins and PCT meds, no way lol. Most people are looking for instant gratification when locked up, a real high in order to escape or relax, the market just isn't there or viable for AAS in prison. Maybe if you had some cheque drops or some shit the gangs would jump on that, but even then they wouldn't want to sell them in quantity - they would want to keep them to their selves in order to maintain advantage.

For people who have never been, the markup and typical drugs is UNREAL. Take a 8mg suboxone strip, in my area they can be anywhere between 10-20$ depending on how desperate for money the seller is, or how dope sick the buyer is. Now transport that same 8mg strip to a jail or prison, now you're looking at the upwards of 100$, people will pay 15-20$ for just a "hit" of it which equates to a small sliver of the strip. I've seen your typical joint with maybe .2-.4 G max go for 30$, and this is stuff that gets you fucked up instantly or relatively fast.

You figure in the markup is because of transport, risk of smuggling and loss, etc. Most recreational drugs can be hidden in the mail (mainly suboxone here) or (most popular) tied up in a balloon and swallowed and/or shoved up the ass during/after a visit, people get caught for this and do extra bids, product gets confiscated and bam price continues to go up. How the hell do you swallow a bunch of vials or boof (up the rear) a load of pins? lol not pretty.

I don't know if this break forum rules I just would know some body get caught while sell steroids? What penality you get for it? Jail directly and for how long?

This hugely depends on your country, but we'll use the USA for example as I'm here.

Even within the USA is widely debatable and you never know what you're gonna get for a crime until your attorney sits down with the judge and DA for a conference to come up with a formal offer, or decide to take you to trial. AAS within the US is a controlled substance and possession is considered a felony, do different then getting charged with a bottle of Vicodin that isn't yours. Your criminal history will also play a role, if you've never been in legal trouble you may luck out and catch the judge right after a quickie and he'll completely dismiss the charge, or he'll take is easy on you with some probation, maybe he'll allow them to plea it down to a misdemeanor and serve a mesely 60 days or some shit. The judge might be in a bad mood and keep the felony and hit you with a year in prison with 2 years parole to follow, you might have a bad criminal history in which case be prepared to be punished as bad as any other person caught with drugs. Repeat offenses will increase penalty, the quantity of what you had can matter... getting caught with a few dbol pills versus 100's of vials of shit will make a difference.

Every state within the US has a penal code they follow, typically this specifies a minimum or maximum sentence for each crime, including the degree of the crime. The judge can typically hit you anywhere in that range depending on the factors I said above, in New York it's possible to get a 25 to life bid if you got caught with steroids 3 separate times and charged with a felony each time.

So in all reality there's no way to answer it... best to stay safe and avoid any chance of being caught. That means don't be the guy in the gym asking everyone where to buy steroids, as you'd be surprised how many of your local cops could be in your gym and you don't even know it. The judge matters, criminal history, quantity, the nature in which you're caught... the list goes on.

But rest assured one thing, in any US state it will likely start its self off as a felony case if you're caught in possession of AAS.

Back