low carb dieting gets me crazy by night...

krupt

During the day I do alright. I eat carbs but limit it during the day and by the evening for dinner I eat some meat and then start craving for it. Any ideas to stop these cravings?

Drink lots of water. Sometimes a glass of crystal light helps curb the sweet cravings.

Are you going low carb for days on end to get in ketosis or are you just throwing a low carb day in here and there? Keto diets are pointless in my opinion unless youre in the final week or 2 of a contest prep. there are much better ways to lose weight without losing your sanity.

why not have some pasta or rice with that dinner? carbs realeas serotonin in your brain so you get like a natural high and a feeling of wellbeing. anyway a little pasta will be way better for you then eating a chokolate bar later in the evening or maybe not being able to sleep.

For a week or so I've been doing a low carb diet. I still have carbs, but just try not to eat too much through out the day and very little after dinner which is around 7 and I go to bed around 1. I'm not preparing for any contest or anything like that, but I hit the gym 4-5 times a week. I ate some peanut butter last night and it helped. The large amount of water helps...sucks at night when you have to piss.

little after dinner which is around 7 and I go to bed around 1.[

I think this is your problem. its just to long time to witout food and your hungry. trying to sleep when an agonising hunger is trying to rape your stomach is not gonna work.

if you just keep it clean and keep it snack sized i see no problem with you eating something more at say 10 pm.

AS long as it is protein snack like a can of tuna and maybe a few crackers I think you will be good. It will keep hunger away and help with sleep

I live steady between CKD and TKD and I have 2 secret weapons 1. Sugar free jello ( I make jigglers) and they are like candy when I crave it.

Also I make this micro fudge will post recipe if interested but I am not sure from your post if you are really doing keto or just tappering off carbs in the evening. If just tappering there is really no benifit.

Back