Low dose deca addition to trt?

Steve78

Hi guys i'm on trt, would 125 mg a week of deca build any gains?
Been doing this for 4 weeks, no ED, blood work normal and feel great. Others told me (including a hrt doc) it would build LBM over time with minimal sides. So far so good for me, anyone else have experience with this?

Hi there! how much test is in your trt dosage now? what other meds are you taking? age, weight, height, bf%?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what Casanovaaa said. I'm very curious. Answer those questions and whatever you find out please get back to us. I might give it a try:)

Perhaps a tiny bit of muscle, but that dose is really more about joint relief.

Depending on how high your TRT test levels are, you can figure out how adding 125 mg/wk deca would take you compared to natural. Perhaps double? At that level recovery will be much improved, so you can hit it harder and more often in the gym. Joint relief should be good. Muscle building probably pretty minimal compared to what most people are on this type site for.

Hi there! how much test is in your trt dosage now? what other meds are you taking? age, weight, height, bf%?
I use injected test subQ 26 mg every 3 days, 120 hcg Q3 days and no AI. My TT is about 550-600 and feel good. No other meds, I'm 39 6'4 230, maybe 12-14% BF

Yup- What tankmanbob said.

also stats as said above

Stats above... what is idea dose (generally speaking) that builds muscle yet wouldn't need an AI? 250? I know it's personal...

Also, let's say one did 250-300 nandrolone how would they know if they need an AI in terms of lab values? E2 would be increased correct or does one need to check something else (prolactin progesterone?)?

Thanks again!

agreed.. i take 125mg deca weekly and it saves my joints and really helps high intensity workout recovery..
Perhaps a tiny bit of muscle, but that dose is really more about joint relief.

Depending on how high your TRT test levels are, you can figure out how adding 125 mg/wk deca would take you compared to natural. Perhaps double? At that level recovery will be much improved, so you can hit it harder and more often in the gym. Joint relief should be good. Muscle building probably pretty minimal compared to what most people are on this type site for.

agreed.. i take 125mg deca weekly and it saves my joints and really helps high intensity workout recovery..
But not much in adding lean muscle?

Thoughts on minimal dose to avoid an AI but build muscle? 250? I know generalizations here...

Stats above... what is idea dose (generally speaking) that builds muscle yet wouldn't need an AI? 250? I know it's personal...

Also, let's say one did 250-300 nandrolone how would they know if they need an AI in terms of lab values? E2 would be increased correct or does one need to check something else (prolactin progesterone?)?

Thanks again!

It's all very individual how much AI you might need. In my opinion lowish TRT doses like 100 to 125 mg/wk you probably wouldn't need any. Highish doses like 150 to 200 mg/wk you probably would.

Now you are talking about adding nandrolone in a dose sufficient to grow some muscle. It's debatable, but I'd say that's a minimum of 400 mg/wk. Nandrolone aromatizes at about 1/4 to 1/3 as much as test, so let's say your test dose was 125 mg/wk and you added in 400 mg/wk nandrolone which aromatizes equivalent to 100 mg/wk test. Your total aromatizing load would be 225 mg/wk equivalent, so I'd say you'd need an AI at that level.

In other words, to answer your question, I think if you get into the muscle building range you would require an AI.

For labs, you would want to watch E2 and prolactin. If you are aggresive at managing your E2 with an AI I doubt you would need anything for prolactin at 400 mg/wk - provided you didn't run it too long. If you went without AI, not recommended, you would want to run some caber or prami to keep prolactin in check.

If by chance you let both E2 and prolactin run away, you'd find out what deca dick means.

It's all very individual how much AI you might need. In my opinion lowish TRT doses like 100 to 125 mg/wk you probably wouldn't need any. Highish doses like 150 to 200 mg/wk you probably would.

Now you are talking about adding nandrolone in a dose sufficient to grow some muscle. It's debatable, but I'd say that's a minimum of 400 mg/wk. Nandrolone aromatizes at about 1/4 to 1/3 as much as test, so let's say your test dose was 125 mg/wk and you added in 400 mg/wk nandrolone which aromatizes equivalent to 100 mg/wk test. Your total aromatizing load would be 225 mg/wk equivalent, so I'd say you'd need an AI at that level.

In other words, to answer your question, I think if you get into the muscle building range you would require an AI.

For labs, you would want to watch E2 and prolactin. If you are aggresive at managing your E2 with an AI I doubt you would need anything for prolactin at 400 mg/wk - provided you didn't run it too long. If you went without AI, not recommended, you would want to run some caber or prami to keep prolactin in check.

If by chance you let both E2 and prolactin run away, you'd find out what deca dick means.

Thanks!! My trt is 26 mg subQ every 3 days, (60 mg a week) gives me TT of 550-600. I don't use an AI and my E2 is around 21-26...
I want to start deca at 300 and check labs in a month... so 60 test plus 20% of 300 (60) is 120 total anabolic dose per week, so I prob won't need an AI at those levels, right?

Thanks!! My trt is 26 mg subQ every 3 days, (60 mg a week) gives me TT of 550-600. I don't use an AI and my E2 is around 21-26...
I want to start deca at 300 and check labs in a month... so 60 test plus 20% of 300 (60) is 120 total anabolic dose per week, so I prob won't need an AI at those levels, right?

Those are pretty low doses. You are lucky you get that kind of kick from test, like a cheap date. I would think 120 total would not need an AI, but keep an eye on it as you don't want it to run away with a 19-nor in the mix.

Those are pretty low doses. You are lucky you get that kind of kick from test, like a cheap date. I would think 120 total would not need an AI, but keep an eye on it as you don't want it to run away with a 19-nor in the mix.
Just a thought. Instead of running low dose deca for half the year, think it be better (safer and overall healthier) to use oxandrolone (is pharmacy obtained) for 4-6 weeks twice a year? I have great results with oxandrolone and gains are very keepable. Only issue is my cholesterol gets messed up, but maybe temp changes in cholesterol may be healthier than running nandrolone half the year. There was a study showing nandrolone to be 11x more toxic to vascular endothelial than test (just google the study)...

Used to run 150mg Deca along with my Test c***se of 250mg (has varied from 150mg upto 350mg which is my max sweet spot for test otherwise need heavy AI doses).

If you have Deca that is truly dosed properly for joint benefits/increased cushioning call it whatever you want its simply an increase in synovial fluid directly from the Nandrolone and it doesn't take a hefty dose to achieve this. 100-200mg is sufficient for this. You'll get mild anabolic effects at that dose, nothing drastic, but anybody who says they see nothing in terms of lbs increase of increase in strength whatever the usual shit you get when you jack up your total mg it will affect this. People really underestimate their steroid doses these days. I would be more than happy c***sing at 250mg Test forever, good shit, don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

Used to run 150mg Deca along with my Test c***se of 250mg (has varied from 150mg upto 350mg which is my max sweet spot for test otherwise need heavy AI doses).

If you have Deca that is truly dosed properly for joint benefits/increased cushioning call it whatever you want its simply an increase in synovial fluid directly from the Nandrolone and it doesn't take a hefty dose to achieve this. 100-200mg is sufficient for this. You'll get mild anabolic effects at that dose, nothing drastic, but anybody who says they see nothing in terms of lbs increase of increase in strength whatever the usual shit you get when you jack up your total mg it will affect this. People really underestimate their steroid doses these days. I would be more than happy c***sing at 250mg Test forever, good shit, don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

I think I'm going to run trt plus adding 250 deca weekly for maybe 16-20 weeks, checking labs etc. maybe do that once a year. I like deca over adding more test cause I feel less sides with deca (gyno, hair loss etc), and never had libido issues..

Back