Low test around a year after steroids blood work done Please help!

andyctd

Please help i dont know how to make my own thread i recently had a testosterone blood test and it came back low 6.7 nmol which i think is equal to about 170 in what ever system the americans use. I have now had a full hormone blood test and im unsure what to make of it. I havent done steroids for atleast a year now I dont understand why its this low, the lh and fsh seem kind of normal but the sbgh is low too.. here are my results:

ENDOCRINOLOGY
Hormones
D.H.E.A. SULPHATE 10.420 umol/L 0.44 - 13.40
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 4.98 IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE 5.75 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60
TESTOSTERONE 7.11 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.219 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 11.12 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX 63.94 Ratio 24.00 - 104.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 33.4 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

my free testosterone is also low any help??
Im 27 in althetic shape with a healthy diet

Please help i dont know how to make my own thread i recently had a testosterone blood test and it came back low 6.7 nmol which i think is equal to about 170 in what ever system the americans use. I have now had a full hormone blood test and im unsure what to make of it. I havent done steroids for atleast a year now I dont understand why its this low, the lh and fsh seem kind of normal but the sbgh is low too.. here are my results:

ENDOCRINOLOGY
Hormones
D.H.E.A. SULPHATE 10.420 umol/L 0.44 - 13.40
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 4.98 IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
LUTEINISING HORMONE 5.75 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60
TESTOSTERONE 7.11 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED) 0.219 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 11.12 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX 63.94 Ratio 24.00 - 104.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 33.4 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99

my free testosterone is also low any help??
Im 27 in althetic shape with a healthy diet

Looks like you are leaning towards Primary Hypogonadism which means your testicles are damaged. I would try running PCT again and see if that helps. If it doesn't you need to consult with a Urologist.

Check prolactin and estradiol next time too.

Hi there, what was your cycle that you did a year ago? what was your pct like? did you do hcg during this cycle a year ago? did you do bloodworks before, during and after this cycle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure my cycle was pretty bad i kept comin on and off with no real structure for probably about 6 months maybe longer then i think i did no pct, then 2 months later decided to a course of hcg

Your super low SHBG is going to be a serious issue and TRT will likely decrease it further, therefore zero benefit from TRT unless you find a way to increase it.

oh dear that doesn't sound good.. i did have a liver function test and a kidney function test as wel thought and this came back fine

Im really stuck on what to do here, ive been advised by some other guys to do Dr Scallys Power PCT.. is this a good idea

Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day.

Day 1-30 : Nolva 20mg/day; Clomid 100mg/day (50mg was taken twice per day)

Day 31-45 : Nolva 20mg/day

I have no idea what the therapeutic ranges for hCG but that is a huge dose. That's 5x my WEEKLY TRT dose every other day. If the testicles and leydig cells are not responding to LH couldn't drowning them in hCG potentially make it worse?

Can a male body even put 7,500-10,000 iu hCG a week to work?

I

I have no idea what the therapeutic ranges for hCG but that is a huge dose. That's 5x my WEEKLY TRT dose every other day. If the testicles and leydig cells are not responding to LH couldn't drowning them in hCG potentially make it worse?

Can a male body even put 7,500-10,000 iu hCG a week to work?

I

apparently its the most successful tried and researched PCT out there

I would need a reference for that if you are trying to say 2500 iu every other day is the most successful, tried and researched PCT. Ive been reading steroid forums since the pro-hormone ban and that is not very common PCT. AI & hCG during then depending on esters used nolvadex and clomid. They bind to receptors and basically tell the HPTA to start the chain of testoserone synthesis. Also this isn't a PCT.

A human bodies processes have a limit. If we use 500iu twice a week as TRT/normalization then that dose is 750% of "normal" / physiological level.

Comparison. 200mg week if TRT. This is 1.5 GRAMS a week.

The testicles only have so many receptors and a limit on their metabolic capacity or whatever the technical term is for the synthesis of testosterone. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's impossible to get testosterone levels as high as injecting testosterone. They have a limit on production. Everything over that is a waste.

Im pretty sure my cycle was pretty bad i kept comin on and off with no real structure for probably about 6 months maybe longer then i think i did no pct, then 2 months later decided to a course of hcg

Ouch bro. Always follow thru your PCT that defiantly hurt you there. Did you get any gyno? What AI where you using during your cycle?

I would need a reference for that if you are trying to say 2500 iu every other day is the most successful, tried and researched PCT. Ive been reading steroid forums since the pro-hormone ban and that is not very common PCT. AI & hCG during then depending on esters used nolvadex and clomid. They bind to receptors and basically tell the HPTA to start the chain of testoserone synthesis. Also this isn't a PCT.

A human bodies processes have a limit. If we use 500iu twice a week as TRT/normalization then that dose is 750% of "normal" / physiological level.

The testicles only have so many receptors and a limit on their metabolic capacity or whatever the technical term is for the synthesis of testosterone. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's impossible to get testosterone levels as high as injecting testosterone. They have a limit on production. Everything over that is a waste.

Very well said brother!

"The PCT program outlined below represents what I consider to be an ideal and effective post-cycle program. It was developed by the doctors at the Program for Wellness Restoration (PoWeR), who have a formidable history helping patients recover normal hormonal functioning following steroid therapy. One of the key doctors on this program, Dr. Michael Scally, claims to have successfully treated more than 100 cases of hypogonadism/hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, and is very well known in the field of androgen replacement therapy. PoWeR published this program as part of a recent clinical study, which involved 19 healthy male subjects who were taking supraphysiological (highly suppressive) doses of testosterone cypionate and nandrolone decanoate for 12 weeks. Their HPGA Normalization Protocol focuses on the combined use of HCG, Nolvadex' and Clomid, and is perhaps the only clinically documented post-cycle therapy program to be found in the medical literature (it is amazing how little attention has been paid to hormone normalization in clinical medicine). The most notable variation from a classic PCT stack, such that I have( been a longtime supporter of, is the combined use of two anti-estrogens. In this case I cannot say that there is disadvantage to such use; perhaps it is indeed the better option.

Examining the program closely, we note that the teste are hit hard with HCG at the onset of therapy. Its intake however, is limited to only 16 days. The doctor, undoubtedly recognize that when HCG is taken for too long or at too high a dosage, it can desensitize the LH receptor. This would only further exacerbate the post cycle problem, not help it. Anti-estrogens are used during and after HCG, with a dosage of 10 mg of Nolvadex and 100 mg of Clomid per day rounding out this compliment of drugs. Clomid is used for a shorter period of time than Nolvadex, likely because of the desensitizing effect it too' can have (on the pituitary gland) with continued use. Among other things, these two anti-estrogens will continue to foster LH release as testosterone levels start to go back up, as well as combat any potential estrogenic side effects that may be caused by HCG's up-regulation and testicular aromatase activity. Although in the first couple of weeks the anti-estrogens probably do very Iittlle as they should be much more helpful towards the middle and end of the program. During this clinical investigation: normal hormonal function was restored in all subjects,I within 45 days of drug cessation. This is a definite success far more favorable than the protracted recovery window noted in studies without post-cycle therapy, such as the 250 mg/week testosterone enanthate investigation, highlighted in Figure I. For me, I believe such a detailed recovery program should follow any serious steroid cycle It is the best way to maintain your gains at their maximun and that is, after all, what we are after.

About Dr. Michael Scally

Dr. Scally***8217;s education includes a double degree major in Chemistry (1975) and Life Sciences (1975) from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) Cambridge, MA. Following, from 1975-1980, in the M.I.T. Division of Brain Sciences & Neuroendocrinology Dr. Scally researched and published investigations on neurotransmitter relationships.1 Dr. Scally's research included involvement and participation in the earliest studies detailing the role of tryptophan, serotonin, and depression. During this time, he entered the prestigious Health Sciences & Technology Program, a collaboration of M.I.T. and Harvard Medical School. In June 1980, Dr. Scally was awarded by Harvard Medical School a Doctorate of Medicine, M.D. Continuing his education, Dr. Scally trained at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Southwestern Medical School. Scally completed the first year of postgraduate medical residency in general surgery followed by postgraduate medical residency in anesthesiology."

Back