Low test - morning wood - hair loss

FreeMason

RookieNo0b
Just got my latest and it's the usual BS. 8 weeks after my last HCG pin for PCT.

258 t
1.7 free
2.1 LH
2.8 FSH
.8 psa
8.1 Prolactin

Not using anything except some herbal stuff which I quit yesterday.

My hair's still falling out like it did when i ramped up the HCG and Aromatase inhibitor (AI) for my post cycle therapy (pct).

But i still get morning wood and i'm pretty horny.

What the fuck?

How do I get my hair to come back?? It's falling out by the droves and my test levels are low as fuck. How does that make sense?? Should I take some saw palmetto?? Propecia?? What? Anyone out there not just trying to sell testosterone that can give me an answer?

Last edited:
Its not uncommon for men with low testosterone to have no symptoms at all. Half of the 13 million in the US (and this is by strict standards, its probably a lot more) with lowT have no symptoms.

Even if you do not have symptoms, sub 300 ng/dl has negative health consequences and the Journal of endocrinology guidelines clearly state that the risk's of lowT far outweigh the risk's of TRT.

A mans testosterone should never fall below 300 ng/dl in his life, supplementation is warranted for all men less than 300 ng/dl, symptoms or not.

Figure 3 shows an algorithm for the diagnosis of hypogonadism (2,76,77). The Endocrine Society recommends that the diagnosis of testosterone be made in men who have both consistent signs and symptoms and low total testosterone levels. Serum total testosterone is the easiest and most straightforward measurement to take for the first measurement. Most hospital laboratories can provide total testosterone measurements of good accuracy and reliability. As testosterone is subject to circadian and circannual rhythms it is recommended to draw the blood sample in the morning. There are no absolute testosterone levels below which a man can unambiguously be stated to be hypogonadal. The Endocrine Society recommends 300 ng/dl (10.4 nmol/l) as a good level to consider as the lower limit of normal total testosterone. The AACE suggests 200 ng/dl (3), and the International Society of Andrology (ISA), International Society for the Study of Ageing Male (ISSAM), European Association of Urology (EAU), European Academy of Andrology (EAA), American Society of Andrology (ASA) recommendations suggest 230 ng/dl is a limit below which patients will usually benefit from testosterone replacement treatment (4).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2948422/

Last edited:
My assumption as to why you still have libido, although your TT levels are low your body is trying to make up for it by converting an excessive % to DHT, which is giving you boners and making your hair fall out.

I also just realized that this may be due to ASIH (anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism) since that is the case you may want to try and do another restart.

Since this is the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) forum, I missed that part, my bad.

Last edited:
My assumption as to why you still have libido, although your TT levels are low your body is trying to make up for it by converting an excessive % to DHT, which is giving you boners and making your hair fall out.

I also just realized that this may be due to ASIH (anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism) since that is the case you may want to try and do another restart.

Since this is the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) forum, I missed that part, my bad.

TDO,

I agree with that assumption.

Yes, I started testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with 210 mg/ml of test quickly going to 105 mg/ml efd. I did this with Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and HCG for about 11 weeks then stopped cold turkey.

I continued the HCG half-assed while I got bloods and my bloods were down to 189 tt, shitty free and no fsh/lh (.2). So I kicked into an every-3-day hcg shot with Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and clomid and 3 weeks later got bloods done. Came back with 613, 50% free, fsh/lh at 2.8/2.5.

Now, 8 weeks later, back down to the bloods I posted earlier. But sex drive and hair loss at an all time high.

What I'm taking right now is

Avena Sativa 2xd
Nettle Root 2xd
Astragalus 2xd
Siberian Eleuthro 2xd
Ashwaghanda 2xd.

Adding Chrysin, Trib and Chasteberry into the mix with magnesium oil. I know everyone doesn't believe in the herbal shit but I honestly felt like a million bucks when I was on the PCT with HCG and AIs. Did not feel that great with test. I'd be happy with 613 tt, 50% free.

And I've done a lot of research on these herbs on the NCBI.NlM.NIH website. Herbs work slower but may have at least a supplementary effect, nothing like AS.

Last edited:
all the over the counter shit for hair loss is bullshit...you cant fight hormone's with that crap....my hair turned to shit too...you hair loss could be playing catch up to the past few months of imbalance of dht;test and estro.......does your head itch? i am thinking about propecia now even thought i lost so much i hear many ex-steroid guys say it thicken what is left...actually thicken the shaft of existing hairs makes head fuller

Propecia can have side effects though, I guess if your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) it doesn't matter any more.

Some of our guys are having success with a combination we have of bimatoprost, minoxidil and rogaine. Bimatoprost is what is in the brand Latisse and that stuff is pretty expensive. Since we have it compounded its more affordable.

Freemason

I think your on the right track, but you may have needed more time on either the HCG or Clomid. Alot of guys get really horny on HCG and an AI.

Sometimes guys need to take HCG for up to 6 months and clomid 3-5, the only way to really know is to do a lot of testing while on the meds, and it helps if you get prescription grade.

I hope you get it sorted.

Last edited:
Propecia can have side effects though, I guess if your on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) it doesn't matter any more.

Some of our guys are having success with a combination we have of bimatoprost, minoxidil and rogaine. Bimatoprost is what is in the brand Latisse and that stuff is pretty expensive. Since we have it compounded its more affordable.

Freemason

I think your on the right track, but you may have needed more time on either the HCG or Clomid. Alot of guys get really horny on HCG and an AI.

Sometimes guys need to take HCG for up to 6 months and clomid 3-5, the only way to really know is to do a lot of testing while on the meds, and it helps if you get prescription grade.

I hope you get it sorted.

TDO,

I think you're on the money once again. I probably should have tapered off the HCG/AI/Clo cycle rather than just stop cold turkey. I'm wondering what this is doing to my body and my psyche with the roller coaster i've taken it on so far.

I think when I'm a little older and have my kids out of the way i'll be able to dial it in much better, now that i've had a cycle. But right now I need to focus more on natural herbal pathways and sort it out. It's good to know that it's there when I need it, though.

And re: the previous post about propecia. These herbals aren't for hairloss reversal. But i definitely have thought about it. Even thinking it'd be good to stack with a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) protocol in the future.

My guess is you have low SHBG, too. Did you get that checked out?

Also, hows the body fat? Do you have an issue with the abdominal region by any chance? If so, and your SHBG is low, you may want to get screened for diabetes.

My guess is you have low SHBG, too. Did you get that checked out?

Also, hows the body fat? Do you have an issue with the abdominal region by any chance? If so, and your SHBG is low, you may want to get screened for diabetes.

Naam eh khuda

I am lean and ripped. I was lean and ripped before I did my first Androgel try about 2 years ago when I was 34. I did 10 weeks of 210 mg/ml back in May of this year and I'm 36 now.

I don't take in much sugar, either through bread or pure sugar cane, etc. My diet is mostly saturated fats, protein and lots of veggies.

Just started Saw Palmetto today. Giving the herbal stack, all but Astragalus and Nettle root, a rest.

Then I'm gonna start Tribulus, Chrysin and Chasteberry to get my fsh/lh levels up. But i'll wait to see how my hair and morning wood reacts to the Saw Palmetto.

The thing I don't get right now is why my fsh/lh levels are decent, but test is so low. Last year, before i got on the exogenous test, my T was around 390. That's still low, I know. But 258 total after just 8 weeks ago Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) had brought me up to 615 total just blows my mind. My free test 8 weeks ago was also around 50% free. I'll post the exact stats tomorrow.

TDO- You seem to be an expert on the subject my test level is 362- received script for test cyp @ 220 a week, that is currently all i am taking, no Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) from doc unless side effects come into play ( or i tell him i want additional stuff in my body)n Does Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) alone raise test levels? should I have him put me on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or anything else- Just received my first injection yesterday? Any insight you could provide would be appreciated

I would get you DHT checked before using Saw Palmeto. And I wouldn't consider propecia, as it can have permenent damage to 5ar. If your high try a little saw palmeto. Believe me, low DHT is NOT what you want. I've read 70-80 is perfect, but even in the 100's is fine. Mine is (or was) about 30. If it is high, it didn't get there over night, and it won't change overnight. If it goes too low, you can kiss your morning wood goodby potentially forever. I guess I'm saying don't go over react.

TDO- You seem to be an expert on the subject my test level is 362- received script for test cyp @ 220 a week, that is currently all i am taking, no Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) from doc unless side effects come into play ( or i tell him i want additional stuff in my body)n Does Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) alone raise test levels? should I have him put me on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) or anything else- Just received my first injection yesterday? Any insight you could provide would be appreciated

You should consider your own post rather than hijack this one. FYI 220/week is very bizare dosage. 200/e2w is a common start. All your answers about Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) are on this forum. Read up.

I would get you DHT checked before using Saw Palmeto. And I wouldn't consider propecia, as it can have permenent damage to 5ar. If your high try a little saw palmeto. Believe me, low DHT is NOT what you want. I've read 70-80 is perfect, but even in the 100's is fine. Mine is (or was) about 30. If it is high, it didn't get there over night, and it won't change overnight. If it goes too low, you can kiss your morning wood goodby potentially forever. I guess I'm saying don't go over react.

Frustrated1,

So what you're saying is that my DHT levels could have gotten high over long periods of time and it will take a while for them to go back down?

Does exogenous testosterone contribute to DHT conversion?

Or would Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) be more the culprit?

I remember my free test levels were insanely high, something like 50% free when I got my final bloods done after my last Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) shot. Most of that probably converted to DHT i'm guessing, since I was taking arimidex and clomid, so not much converted to estradiol and other estrogens.

My last Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) shot was 8/31 and the pills a day after. So it's now 11/15, 3.5 months later and the hair loss has not slowed down. That's insane.

I've been on SP for 2 weeks now, not really feeling anything at all. Scalp always feels dry, even when I don't wash it for a few days. Hair is thinner, but still not really bad. I'm not freaking out, I just want the hair loss to stop and reverse.

Which is my next concern...is it reversible? Will the hairs that fell out grow back? Hope so...

Back