Low testosterone / low'ish estrogen

Jaysaz

Hi all! First time poster looking for some expertise.

37 / m / 248 lb / 6'4 / %26 bf

Total T: 216 (286 - 802) ng/dL

Estrogen: 15 (11 - 44) pg/mL

I don't get it. What does it mean that estrogen is at the lower end when testosterone is also low?

I expected my estrogen to be high since I have ALL the symptoms - muscle mass is shot to oblivion, gut, carrying most of the fat on thighs, buttocks, belly and hips, depression, low tolerance to stress, no libido.

Should I ask them to repeat the test?

Thoughts?

If really 26% bodyfat you gotta get that down. 25% of you would be fat meaning 64lbs fat basically. Also higher fat levels begin to disrupt lots of things including hormones and such.

Whats your diet/what do you eat?

Your testosterone is like that of a 90 year old guy, there's gotta be a few reasons for that - like lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise. Those things need to get fixed, regardless of what you end up doing regarding TRT, or you are just slapping a band aid on a festering wound.

Here's a steroid tree diagram that shows what mycellium said about estrogen being made from testosterone. Since your T is missing in action it's not a big surprise estrogen is low too - although that doesn't always happen.

View attachment 567839

Any chance you are taking statins?

Def low on both accounts and each are most likely contributing to your symptoms that lead you to get tested in the first place :)

Give it a go.

Back