22 yo Should I go on TRT? - Haven't had erection for 4 years

tmd

I am 22 years old and haven't had erections for 4 years, constant joint pain, fatigue (can't even jog without wearing out), no libido.

Below I will post my labwork. Low testosterone, low estrogen, low LH and FSH.

Most likely secondary hypogonadism.

Can't risk going on clomid due to its ability to cause vision issue, I run a six figure business, if my vision goes I will lose everything that low T hasn't already taken from me.

Testosterone: 406 Ref. 241-827

Free T: 10.55 ng/dl Ref. 3-29

SHBG: 20.5 nmol/L REF:10 - 57 nmol/L

LH: 3.0 Ref. 1.5-9.3

FSH: 3.3 Ref. <18.1

T4 Free: 1.01 Ref 0.89 - 1.76 ng/dL

T3 Free: 4.1 Ref. 2.3 - 4.2 pg/mL

Tsh: 3.989 Ref. 0.550 - 4.780 uIU/mL

Estradiol Enhanced 17 pg/mL REF. 10 - 40 pg/mL

Estrone 16 pg/mL REF 10 - 60 pg/mL

View attachment 567221

Stress, diet, sleep, drugs (legal, over the counter, prescription, black market)?

If you live a generally healthy lifestyle Id say yes based on labs. Our bodies are complex tho and the more info you can dimpbthe better. TRT has its downs.

I have low T and elevated estrogen due to seizure medications. I'm married to my epilepsy pills and now the TRT for life.

Stress, diet, sleep, drugs (legal, over the counter, prescription, black market)?

If you live a generally healthy lifestyle Id say yes based on labs. Our bodies are complex tho and the more info you can dimpbthe better. TRT has its downs.

I have low T and elevated estrogen due to seizure medications. I'm married to my epilepsy pills and now the TRT for life.

No meds or drugs.

I have done everything imaginable to increase it naturally, tons of lifestyle and diet changes, even T boosting herbs (actually got it up to 870 doing this, but my free t was crashed and all my other numbers were the same)

Is there any way to test trt without having to go all in?

Like 1 injection of test?

Will I be able to feel the difference or is that too short? (then again I imagine even healthy males will feel a boost with a test injection)

One injection of test wouldn't do anything for you. You probably should look into getting on trt through a doc or a site sponsor on here.

No meds or drugs.

I have done everything imaginable to increase it naturally, tons of lifestyle and diet changes, even T boosting herbs (actually got it up to 870 doing this, but my free t was crashed and all my other numbers were the same)

Is there any way to test trt without having to go all in?

Like 1 injection of test?

Will I be able to feel the difference or is that too short? (then again I imagine even healthy males will feel a boost with a test injection)

You cant get a little bit pregnant. the minute you inject test, your own bodies test productions stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go on trt. Find a great doc or get one here. I would read up cuz it sounds like you have much to learn about trt.
You have low test for your age. You need more. I would try one month of Clomid at 25mg per day and repeat my bloodwork. Why? ......because then you would know if your body is capable of producing the appropriate amount of test. If not......then injections it is. If the Clomid works then you have some decisions to make.
But if you are already ruling out Clomid then injections are the path you have chosen. Not real sure what your question is. In my opinion there aren't "options" here. You want and need testosterone. One injection won't do shit. Need to be on for 6 to 8 weeks to get any kind of idea what you are in for.......unless you are dosing really big.

Bottom line.....your symptoms completely fucking suck, your test is low for your age, and the only option outside of Clomid is some good ole test injections. Try it for 2 months and if it does not relieve any symptoms then stop and run a pct......then your back to square one.
Good luck bro. When you're ready I feel confident you will get some relief. Take care

I would go on trt. Find a great doc or get one here. I would read up cuz it sounds like you have much to learn about trt.
You have low test for your age. You need more. I would try one month of Clomid at 25mg per day and repeat my bloodwork. Why? ......because then you would know if your body is capable of producing the appropriate amount of test. If not......then injections it is. If the Clomid works then you have some decisions to make.
But if you are already ruling out Clomid then injections are the path you have chosen. Not real sure what your question is. In my opinion there aren't "options" here. You want and need testosterone. One injection won't do shit. Need to be on for 6 to 8 weeks to get any kind of idea what you are in for.......unless you are dosing really big.

Bottom line.....your symptoms completely fucking suck, your test is low for your age, and the only option outside of Clomid is some good ole test injections. Try it for 2 months and if it does not relieve any symptoms then stop and run a pct......then your back to square one.
Good luck bro. When you're ready I feel confident you will get some relief. Take care

Hey thanks so much for all of your replies.

How common are the visual side effects from low dose clomid? Im working with one of the best trt guys in the country at a low dose (12.5mg) but I have seen a ton of people on the forums have issues even at that dose.

What about nolvadex, seems like clomid without the visual issues?

Also what about hcg monotherapy since it looks like I have secondary?

Hey thanks so much for all of your replies.

How common are the visual side effects from low dose clomid? Im working with one of the best trt guys in the country at a low dose (12.5mg) but I have seen a ton of people on the forums have issues even at that dose.

What about nolvadex, seems like clomid without the visual issues?

Also what about hcg monotherapy since it looks like I have secondary?

what does your trt doc say?? your pinning 12.5mg how often?

At your age, I would try a re-start with Clomid and see if that will work. You are not thinking this out by saying you can nott afford the vision problems. The vision problems are a rare side effect, plus at the dose you would be taking, you should be fine. Unless you are a fighter pilot , you are just making excuses.

Sorry if that is harsh, but you are asking for help, and many others on here will agree a restart should be your first choice, before jumping on TRT for life.

HCG simulates LH. You can give it a try. If your estrogen goes up and for some reason your HPTA feedback goes off it'll lower natural production.

With injected test there is no question about testosterone. Only dosage and controls of estrogen and HCG to keepbtest9cles from atrophy.

There is really no down side to attempting a restart. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. TRT is a needle for life

Last edited:
i dont understand how a number of you are telling this guy to go on trt at 22 years old??

did you guys think his ed issues were hormone related?? his labs dont paint that picture..

theres something else going on here

I have to agree with 3J here.
I think there's an Underlying Cause here, that's yet to be determined.

Is your TRT Doc, an Endocrinologist, if not, I would see one, and have him run some tests.
22 Years Old is really young for TRT, when you have No History of prior AAS use...................... JP
P.S.
Clomid is "Cytotoxic" (Cell Killing) to many types of Cells In-Vitro (Test Tube or Culture Dish).

And while most cases of Vision Issues are reported by Woman.
There has been an increase of reports by Men, although Rare, but something to consider.
Your TRT Doc can keep a watch for any Eye Issues if you stay on Low-Dose Clomid.

i dont understand how a number of you are telling this guy to go on trt at 22 years old??

did you guys think his ed issues were hormone related?? his labs dont paint that picture..

theres something else going on here

What is there left to test for? Also worth noting ed is not my only symptoms, I have intense fatigue from any form of exercise and constant joint pain.

^^and I used to have a 500lb deadlift back in highschool when all of this started happening so I'm not just being a wuss lol

Any other hormone labs I should be getting? I have had some people point out that my tsh is high.

No sure what can cause no libido and ed besides hormone issues (can't imagine vascular issues at my age, always ate healthy and exercised)

Thank you for your responses.

I can 100% say at his levels at the age of 30 I was suffering low T. Just because something is abnormal doesn't mean it isn't possible. I generally disregarded the ED as it can have lots of different causes. Is your question about ED an assumption the focus is ED?

At a TT of 540 I had ED, loss of libido, loss of motivation, lethargy and the laundry list of low T symptoms. At 400 I'm limp and barely not suicidal and have been diagnosed several times with "depression".

I see a post that says 22 yrs old and the lab levels and can thing back to my research and the distribution of "normal" testosterone and it's in the absolute bottom percentiles.

Last edited:
Interesting case. I agree with 3J that your labs are not that low, and also see from Mycelium that levels like that can have pretty severe symptoms. We are all different, and I think symptoms trump labs.

Could be a case of extreme stress, bad diet, bad sleep - or something else causing your natural levels to drop even though LH and FSH seem reasonable. Could also explain the joint pain and fatigue if there is something lifestyle wise, or exposure to something nasty like mold or a building with bad air. I remember back in my 20's I went through a pretty shitty experience where I had the fatigue and joint pain and general crappy feeling. Back then I read something about Epstein Barr virus and started taking a bunch of vitamins and supplements. My symptoms went away, but I have no clue was caused them or if the vitamins or something in my diet helped. Sorry can't help more than that, other than look at stress, diet, and sleep. Look at vitamin intake and/or eat a cleaner better diet with organic foods and lots of veggies.

If it was me on the testosterone / estrogen front I would try to find out if I was primary or secondary, so I'd probably do a round of HCG mono therapy to see if more LH stimulus would get me to make more testosterone. And see if more test gave more estrogen and the joint pain went away. That might be a good way to find out without using the clomid.

And after that I might try a power PCT with HCG, nolva, and clomid to see what that would do.

Then based on those results could make a more educated decision.

I can 100% say at his levels at the age of 30 I was suffering low T. Just because something is abnormal doesn't mean it isn't possible. I generally disregarded the ED as it can have lots of different causes. Is your question about ED an assumption the focus is ED?

At a TT of 540 I had ED, loss of libido, loss of motivation, lethargy and the laundry list of low T symptoms. At 400 I'm limp and barely not suicidal and have been diagnosed several times with "depression".

I see a post that says 22 yrs old and the lab levels and can thing back to my research and the distribution of "normal" testosterone and it's in the absolute bottom percentiles.

The ed is just the most unbearable part of this, to be honest I can live with the joint pain and fatigue, I can crush life no matter what bs I have going on. But the ed is just devastating to relationships.

Did yours resolve once you got on trt? I can imagine you had vascular issues at 30, then again some do.

To all of the people saying I should be looking for another cause, what labs should I get done? I am willing to get as much blood drawn as needed, just point me in a direction.

Your thyroid looks terrible, TRT will not do anything for you when you're hypothyroid, suggest test for rT3 and antibodies! No doubt they will be elevated which in turn blocks fT3 from entering your cells making you hypo. Thyroid problems can cause all sorts of emotional problems. Your doctor is incompetent!

Last edited:
Back