Managing E2 Without Access To The Sensitive Test (LC/MS/MS)

I began TRT four months ago.
I take 200mg of Testosterone Cypionate every 7 days (on Mondays).
It keeps my total testosterone between 980 to 1100 ng/dl and my doctor is fine with that and I feel good. When they draw blood for the testing they do it on the morning of the next Cyp injection just prior to giving it.

I live abroad and don’t have access to the sensitive E2 test that’s recommended for men on this and other forums so I have to make do with the standard one.

Six weeks after starting TRT my estradiol was 71.61 pg/ml with a reference range of 5.37 to 65.90.

Four days ago on July 2nd I was tested again and the estradiol was 92.83 pg/ml with the same reference range (5.37 to 65.90).

I feel okay aside from insomnia here and there but insomnia has effected me for years, long before TRT.

Are there high E2 specific symptoms to look out for?
Should an AI be taken without any symptoms simply because the numbers are too high?

I was given Arimidex in 1mg pills a month ago, but the doctor said I should have them on hand in case I need them in the future which at that time he didn’t feel I need them yet.
He said that when I do need them to cut the 1mg pill into four pieces and take just one of the pieces (.25mg) per week for starters.

Any advice on how to manage E2 without access to the Sensitive Test?

You should be taking an AI.
Elevated Estrogen can lead to a host of Issues.

The Regular Estrogen Test isn't as good as the Sensitive.
But as long as you aren't doing Trenbolone, you can get away with the Regular Test.

Optimum Estradiol Levels in men go by age.
So this Chart should help........................................ JP

To answer these questions, we can go back to a 2000 Clinical Endocrinology study where they summarized a variety of hormone levels by age, including estradiol:

20-29: 102.9 pmol/l
30-39: 94.17 pmol/l
40-49: 90.76 pmol/l
50-59: 81.02 pmol/l
60-69: 78.82 pmol/l
70-80: 80.37 pmol/l

You should be taking an AI.
Elevated Estrogen can lead to a host of Issues.

The Regular Estrogen Test isn't as good as the Sensitive.
But as long as you aren't doing Trenbolone, you can get away with the Regular Test.

Optimum Estradiol Levels in men go by age.
So this Chart should help........................................ JP

To answer these questions, we can go back to a 2000 Clinical Endocrinology study where they summarized a variety of hormone levels by age, including estradiol:

20-29: 102.9 pmol/l
30-39: 94.17 pmol/l
40-49: 90.76 pmol/l
50-59: 81.02 pmol/l
60-69: 78.82 pmol/l
70-80: 80.37 pmol/l

Is .25mg per week (every 7 days) of Arimidex good to start with? That***8217;s what my doctor said he would recommend a few months ago when he mentioned the possibility of needing an AI in the future.
I***8217;m 54 years old and will be 55 in September, two more months.

Back