Matt Serra vs St Pierre #2

I sure as shit am not going to pay 45 dollars for one fight. That's what the UFC is trying to sell us.

the ufc knew they could sell this to canadians without anyother fights that night, looks to be a pretty shity card overall altough everybody i know will be watching without a doubt....canadians love there mma and they love GSP

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. We can go back and forth about who is going to win. Bottom line, on paper, gsp is supposed to win. It's MMA, anyone can win at any time, thats the way this sport is and thats the beauty of it. Sit back and enjoy the fight, and dont get up in arms about people disagreeing with your opinions on whats going to happen. Most of them have only been watching MMA since the first ultimate fighter, and dont know much about the sport anyway. For instance, all the guys that call it "ultimate fighting" ... hahaha ... news flash its called mixed martial arts.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. We can go back and forth about who is going to win. Bottom line, on paper, gsp is supposed to win. It's MMA, anyone can win at any time, thats the way this sport is and thats the beauty of it. Sit back and enjoy the fight, and dont get up in arms about people disagreeing with your opinions on whats going to happen. Most of them have only been watching MMA since the first ultimate fighter, and dont know much about the sport anyway. For instance, all the guys that call it "ultimate fighting" ... hahaha ... news flash its called mixed martial arts.

I personally like to debate, agree, disagree, and talk trash back and forth. Makes it fun :) There are also new comers to the sport or UFC everyday, I welcome them with open arms!! Who cares what they call it at first, it's just nice to see others taking interest.

Sure its nice to see people taking interest. What I dont like is when people are convinced that they know what there talking about, when they dont have a clue. Like this fella for instance
ManOfMuscle
I sure as shit am not going to pay 45 dollars for one fight. That's what the UFC is trying to sell us.

How may I ask are we paying for one fight? The undercard of this event is stacked with plenty of good talent who, im sure, will put on a great show. Just because you havnt heard of them doesn't mean they are no good. Alot of them are reputable guys that have come from other orginizations.

I have heard of everyone on the undercard and seen them fight. The undercard sucks nuts. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining Alex.

Sean Sherk has finished one fight in his UFC career. That fight was in 2002 and it was ended because of a cut. So really he has never finished a fight in the UFC. God I hate him.

thers a couple ok undercard fights but nothing great, the main event and the franklin lutter fight are really the only good fights on this card, overall i think that the last fight night was a better line up, for free i might add...

i also like to discuss mma and fighters, i like to hear other peoples opinons even when there wack...and i think i have more of a clue than the average fight fan, ive been following since ufc 1 all the way through till now, i was a huge pride fan and ive been training martial arts my whole life and bjj since 96, with a 7th degree black belt under carlson gracie (the highest ranking in the world under Carlson) and if you know anything you should be able to figure out who

"don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining" ... haha ... thats a good one, I can honestly say i have never heard that before ... and I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm gonna use that one. As for UFC being a thing of the past in 2 years ... I don't think so, there is a possibility that things may change. We see it happening already with events being co-promoted and organizations helping each other out. For example, strikeforce/elitexc, Mark Cuban HDNET Fights/ IFL, and Mark also backing up the new Affliction promotion (yes the company that makes the clothes) which the Fedor and Tim fight will take place under ... and will most likley be brodcasted on HDNET.

"Sherdog.com first reported the bout, learning of the fight directly from Emelianenko. The fight is expected to be held under the Affliction banner and will likely air on Mark Cuban's HDNet high-definition station."

Source http://mmajunkie.com/news/4107/emelianenkos-manager-sylvia-fight-not-signed.mma

thers a couple ok undercard fights but nothing great, the main event and the franklin lutter fight are really the only good fights on this card, overall i think that the last fight night was a better line up, for free i might add...

i also like to discuss mma and fighters, i like to hear other peoples opinons even when there wack...and i think i have more of a clue than the average fight fan, ive been following since ufc 1 all the way through till now, i was a huge pride fan and ive been training martial arts my whole life and bjj since 96, with a 7th degree black belt under carlson gracie (the highest ranking in the world under Carlson) and if you know anything you should be able to figure out who

So your saying you have a higher BJJ ranking then Royce and Renzo Gracie!!????

7th degree black belt in 12 years?

From what I gather, it usually takes about 10 years to get a black.

Well, its not the time span that matters, its the skill. If this guy say's he's a 7th degree belt, he's either that good, or he's lieing. We will never know since we dont know the guy. Either way, no need to flaunt your martial arts rankings, instead we should get back on topic of GSP and Serra.

im not a black belt, my professer is a 7th dan bb, and yes higher than royce and renzo,
i belive only rorion ,rickson and mabye 2 or 3 others are higher,
in my post it says i train WITH a 7th dan bb

Last edited:
Well, its not the time span that matters, its the skill. If this guy say's he's a 7th degree belt, he's either that good, or he's lieing. We will never know since we dont know the guy. Either way, no need to flaunt your martial arts rankings, instead we should get back on topic of GSP and Serra.

im not really sure why i mentioned this, i guess i got a little defencive about some of your earlier comments, anyways my bad let the gsp serra topic continue

pierre is hard to beat if serra not on he is top condition
if he is i ll go with serra....and pierre is not that of a gentleman ...he was talkin shit about matt hughes in one of he is fights live .....silvia true master of mma

Back