Medical Issues to be Aware of Associated with Anabolic Steroids Thomas O'Connor MD

Milton

Administrator
View attachment 564048
Anabolic steroids were initially created/discovered in the 1930’s. Since this time, millions of people have used these medical agents for both personal and professional reasons. The fascination with anabolic agents continues to build as those looking for improvements in strength, muscle size in addition to mental wellness and optimizing sexual prowess realize that no other supplement can compare to these magical medicines.
Read the full article here...http://www.steroidology.com/categor...e-aware-of-associated-with-anabolic-steroids/

Last edited:
Good read, but that last section, about suicide and the taylor hooton foundation needs a caveat. At the time taylor killed himself, he was taking SSRIs - a drug that is commonly (and ironically) associated with increased suicidal tendencies. But the foundation refuses to acknowledge this fact which just really pisses me off. They blindly believe that steroids caused his suicide and refuse any narrative to the contrary despite strong evidence.

Good read, but that last section, about suicide and the taylor hooton foundation needs a caveat. At the time taylor killed himself, he was taking SSRIs - a drug that is commonly (and ironically) associated with increased suicidal tendencies. But the foundation refuses to acknowledge this fact which just really pisses me off. They blindly believe that steroids caused his suicide and refuse any narrative to the contrary despite strong evidence.

Great Post Milton...

and great point weavy....you have a valid point

I've spoken to Don Hooton at length and will give him this one. I've also been at this a long time have lost friends who were very knowledgable and still lost the battle.

RIP to all who have fallen to the lack of recovery and spiraled.

IF you are silently suffering please seek out help Dr. O'Connor accepts insurance.

Last edited:
So I have to ask, the Doc if available or Who ever may know, what bad health effects does tren have? I mean that in the way that the article names 5 of the big ones test can cause, so as tren is said to be 3 or 5times the strenght of test, is the unhealthy effects of tren 3 to 5 times worse than test too?

I believe Taylor was on lithium as well if I'm not mistaken. The Hooton family is also from Plano, Texas, which, is not the most open-minded areas on the United States if you know what I mean. Competition is vigorous. Church. Football. Business. I do not think Don Hooton would openly admit anti-depressants played a role in his son's death given the family values and demographic location in which they reside.

Hi everyone. Thank you all for your warm welcome back home. Its been a long time since I've been public. I am back doing what I love to do- heal lifters.

OK, in brief, the tragedy of Taylor Hooton involves what appears to have been a teenager who had a history of depression and yes, was supposedly on anti-depressants. There is no question that this class of medication, especially in teenagers increases suicide risk. It is also true that when anyone comes off anabolic steroids abruptly , be it testosterone or other agents, an acute adjustment disorder/depression can set in leading to suicide ideation. I bet both played a role in this young mans death. In the end my gut tells me that this boy may have had a chance if he saw a healthcare provider and was placed on an agent like clomid during his cessation of steroids period. Certainly, very close followup would be recommended too. It is all speculation and callous to say that I or any other healthcare provider could have helped Taylor, because I/we were not involved in the case. I know Don Hooton wants all people, including teenagers who are on steroids or thinking about using to seek help with an expert that can lead them down the right path!

Dr O

I believe Taylor was on lithium as well if I'm not mistaken. The Hooton family is also from Plano, Texas, which, is not the most open-minded areas on the United States if you know what I mean. Competition is vigorous. Church. Football. Business. I do not think Don Hooton would openly admit anti-depressants played a role in his son's death given the family values and demographic location in which they reside.

Well I was here when Don was struck by this tragidy he was hurting and blamed the steroids blindly. He was not received very well ans you can imagine. His son clearly had issues and who knows what the real causes were that finally pushed him to take his life. I do know Don has educated himself. I have spoken with him at length and he will openly admitt pulling him off the steroids with not treatment to get his natural Testosterone production was a mistake. If he had it to do over he would more than likly be a patient of Dr O'connor's. I've been at this longer than most and had a hand in the ability of the vast population on the bodybuilding world having the ability to access the compounds needed to properly recover. Don's foundation does a great service and should be commended for there effort. We all should be in agreement steroids are never for children without Doctor supervision. For that matter seeking professional medical care should just be a given.

So I have to ask, the Doc if available or Who ever may know, what bad health effects does tren have? I mean that in the way that the article names 5 of the big ones test can cause, so as tren is said to be 3 or 5times the strenght of test, is the unhealthy effects of tren 3 to 5 times worse than test too?

Tren is a very strong AAS! Yes, thought to be 5 X over testosterone! It is known to build massive muscle and strength, but with many side affects. Due to the chemical nature of Tren (which I will not discuss) it can cause severe post cycle low testosterone-even with PCT!, severe sexual issues, hair loss, night sweats, anxiety and even muscle/tendon/collagen damage. I have seen many men swear they will never use this AAS ever again! As far as kidney disease- no one really knows! But I think it can and not relating to the dark color of the urine- that may be secondary to a dye inherent to the agents manufacturing process. It is so strong that it, in my opinion can cause cellular damage to the fragile cells of the kidney, endothelium of the arteries and direct affects on the heart muscle. This is not good! I have to caution people from using any AAS, but tren is one of the most potent, if not the most toxic AAS known. Remember, you get what you pay for and with Tren- your buying a lot of power!

I hope this helps,

Dr O

What can I take that is less stressful on the cardiovascular system, yet still promotes strength? Currently I'm taking insulin, somatropin (to reduce LDL) and low dose test C. I'm avoiding tren, as I've read that it is linked to Alzheimer disease, although I don't know if that is true.

In the end my gut tells me that this boy may have had a chance if he saw a healthcare provider and was placed on an agent like clomid during his cessation of steroids period. Certainly, very close followup would be recommended too. It is all speculation and callous to say that I or any other healthcare provider could have helped Taylor, because I/we were not involved in the case.

What can I take that is less stressful on the cardiovascular system, yet still promotes strength? Currently I'm taking insulin, somatropin (to reduce LDL) and low dose test C. I'm avoiding tren, as I've read that it is linked to Alzheimer disease, although I don't know if that is true.

your avoiding tren because you read it was linked to alzheimers disease? the hell you talking about, tren also has many other BAD side effects and there you are doing insulin?????
you need to get your head checked.

id be more worried about dying from over doing tren than fucking alzheimers disesase..

View attachment 564048
Anabolic steroids were initially created/discovered in the 1930***8217;s. Since this time, millions of people have used these medical agents for both personal and professional reasons. The fascination with anabolic agents continues to build as those looking for improvements in strength, muscle size in addition to mental wellness and optimizing sexual prowess realize that no other supplement can compare to these magical medicines.
Read the full article here...http://www.steroidology.com/categor...e-aware-of-associated-with-anabolic-steroids/

Sorry to hijack your post but I noticed you mentioned the 1930's that anabolic steroids were first used. As a matter of fact, the German and Russian militaries were both issuing D-bol to their soldeirs with their kits to make them stronger and very aggressive. The Allies couldnt figure out how the Germans were covering so much ground marching until it was discovered that the chemical they were being issued besides D-bol was some coded letter and number, and it turned out to be what we now know as Crystal Meth. They had it right in their kits and it was discovered and tested by the Allies to see what this drug was. If German soldiers were withdrawing from the meth, if it got bad, they were executed by their own military on orders from above. Turns out with the meth amd maybe the D-bol the Germans were able to march day and night, covering way too much ground for the allies to be ready or to expect. This also leads me to sports, and the fact that my favourite player Mark Mcguire was caught using PED'S as they call them. Well if D-bol was around and being used in the late 1930's, how can they ignore the fact that the players from all the years passed were using something or other. Bennies were a popular thing in Major League Baseball as was blow. So who are they kidding by testing and trying to ruin these guys when it was around and no doubt used so long ago. Sorry for the long winded message.:)

your avoiding tren because you read it was linked to alzheimers disease? the hell you talking about, tren also has many other BAD side effects and there you are doing insulin?????
you need to get your head checked.

id be more worried about dying from over doing tren than fucking alzheimers disesase..

I'd be more worried about killing someone else while on Tren.haha That shit gives me awful sides but works well if you can tolerate it. Tren fucks me up terribly. As for the Alzeimers, I thought aluminum pots etc,,,,were being blamed this week at least, for Alzeimers.

Well if this helps any, I have used tren several times with excellent results, but the sides are just too much for me now it seems. The constant sweating, insomnia, oh yes, last but not least for the good of the public I dont run it anymore as I probably would end up killing someone while running tren.lol It makes me nasty like no other AAS accomplishes.:)
Other than that, it works great!

Proper testosterone levels will help these issues. Whether your hormone levels are way above normal range or way below, it can induce depression.

This is why it is so important for our vets to get their T checked, as handling lead or head injuries can seriously hurt your physiological hormone levels and lead to depression.

Proper T levels will allow you to come off SSRI's or they will allow you to use less of them, just like diabetes meds. Remember only make changes to any therapeutic program with the permission and supervision of a licensed physician.

Back