Melanotan 2: Protect the skin, get a tan and enhance the sex!

RUI-products

Official Sponsor
MT2 (MelanotanII or MTII) is a synthetic analog of the naturally occurring class of hormones called "melanocortins". Melanocortins are a class of peptide hormones, some of which are responsible for skin protection and the tanning process, one example of these is alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (a-MSH). To understand the melanocortin analog MT2 you must also have a bit of understanding about melanocortins in general.

Melanocortin hormones play many roles in the body aside from just skin protection or "the tanning process". Melanocytes are melanin-producing cells located in the bottom layer of the skin's epidermis responsible for pigmentation formation. Although mechanisms of function for some of these melanocortins and melanocytes are poorly understood, current research is finding that they play many roles in the body aside from just in the skin. The melanocortin system in the brain is one example of many overlapping systems which regulate energy balance and it has been found that genetic mutations of this system may be a contributor to obesity. Melanocortins have also been found to play a role in the sexual functions in animals, both male and female. Researchers have even found that the administration of various types of melanocortins to result in spontaneous penile erections during studies (MT2 having shown great results here as well) and from this research there is now development of analogs other than MT2 to further research erectile dysfunction.

The focus of this article is on MT2 and its effects in enhancing pigmentation (tanning) and skin protection. MT2 was not a lone soldier out of the ashes, in fact MT2 was made after research on MT1 had begun. Researchers found a way to enhance and better utilize the effects of MT1 which led to the discovery and production of MT2. Melanotan was first synthesized at the University of Arizona and the project was headed by Victor J. Hruby and Mac E. Hadley. They found that MT1 & 2 was "approximately 1,000 times more potent than naturally found a-MSH" in test subjects. Further research showed very positive findings with MT2, with increased proliferation and melanogenesis being the main findings. The main focus of research was on the fact that MT2 research showed less DNA damage in test subjects that were subjected to UVA/UVB during MT2 treatment vs. the control group. As I am sure you know ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a major cause of skin ageing, carcinogenesis and cancer. MT2 was found to very effectively produce its protective effects by triggering a signaling cascade in the body by binding with the melanocortin receptor (MCR) on the surface of melanocytes in the epidermal layer of the skin. It does this by beginning a series of actions in the skin that result in melanocytes favoring the production of eumelanin (the protective brown pigment) over pheomelanin (red/yellow pigment). Even though MT2 has been around for a few years now and it still seems to be the most beneficial peptide for enhancing the pigmentation process and enhancing the skins protection to UV rays.

The positives do not stop there with Melanotan II, MT2 has also been found to block the feeling of food deprivation (hunger) in test subjects leading to less food hording. I feel this is just the very first steps of MT2 research in obesity. MT2 has also been found to enhance erections and sexual functions in both male and female subjects. The fact these finding show positives effects for both male and female subjects is of big interest to researches. MT2 acts more on the brain as opposed to just the sexual organs like most other compounds utilized in erectile dysfunction research seem to effect. These mentioned compounds are not found to be very effective to female subjects since the focus of sexual functions drugs is usually geared towards penile erection. This makes Melanotan II’s research findings VERY important to the scientific community. These findings were discovered accidentally while studying MT2's effects on skin pigmentation and may yet be another possible area for research and development with MT2 and in fact a new compound has already been made from MT2 called PT-141 and it is being researched for its positive effects on female sexual dysfunction.

There are many positives found in MT2 research and the safety of this research has shown to be very high with little to no negative effects found in test subjects. MT2's high rate of pigmentation with little to no UV stimulation has been found to be so effective that it is currently undergoing phase II and III clinical trials in subjects with photosensitivity disorders and those prone to nonmelanoma skin cancer.

MT2 research has come a long way recently. From simply looking into its effects on enhancing the pigmentation process (tanning) and skin protection, to the discovery of many other possible areas of worthy research for MT2 such as sexual enhancement, and even obesity issues; MT2 really is an amazing compound to work with. I hope this article has shed some light onto MT2's history, possible utilizations, and how it works.

Check it out >> Melanotan II (lyophilized) 10mg

Ref:
1) Significance of the melanocortin 1 receptor in regulating human melanocyte pigmentation, proliferation, and survival.Kadekaro AL, Kanto H, Kavanagh R, Abdel-Malek Z. Significance of the melanocortin 1 receptor... [Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
2) The first preparative solution phase synthesis of melanotan II.Ryakhovsky VV, Khachiyan GA, Kosovova NF, Isamiddinova EF, Ivanov AS.The first preparative solution phase sy... [Beilstein J Org Chem. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
3) Melanotropic peptides: more than just 'Barbie drugs' and 'sun-tan jabs'?Langan EA, Nie Z, Rhodes LE.Melanotropic peptides: more than just 'Barbie ... [Br J Dermatol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
4) Discovery that a melanocortin regulates sexual functions in male and female humans.Hadley ME.Discovery that a melanocortin regulates sexual func... [Peptides. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
5) Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic melanotropic peptide in a pilot phase-I clinical study.Dorr RT, Lines R, Levine N, Brooks C, Xiang L, Hruby VJ, Hadley ME.Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic me... [Life Sci. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI
6) Region-specific differences in brain melanocortin receptors in rats of the lean phenotype.Shukla C, Britton SL, Koch LG, Novak CM.Region-specific differences in brain melanocorti... [Neuroreport. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI
7) Reflex penile erection in anesthetized mice: an exploratory study.Allard J, Edmunds NJ.Reflex penile erection in anesthetized mice: an... [Neuroscience. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
8) MTII attenuates ghrelin- and food deprivation-induced increases in food hoarding and food intake.Keen-Rhinehart E, Bartness TJ. MTII attenuates ghrelin- and food deprivation-ind... [Horm Behav. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Melanotan II (lyophilized) 10mg

Melanotan II: Protect the skin, get a tan and enhance the sex!

MT2 (MelanotanII or MTII) is a synthetic analog of the naturally occurring class of hormones called "melanocortins". Melanocortins are a class of peptide hormones, some of which are responsible for skin protection and the tanning process, one example of these is alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (a-MSH). To understand the melanocortin analog MT2 you must also have a bit of understanding about melanocortins in general.

Melanocortin hormones play many roles in the body aside from just skin protection or "the tanning process". Melanocytes are melanin-producing cells located in the bottom layer of the skin's epidermis responsible for pigmentation formation. Although mechanisms of function for some of these melanocortins and melanocytes are poorly understood, current research is finding that they play many roles in the body aside from just in the skin. The melanocortin system in the brain is one example of many overlapping systems which regulate energy balance and it has been found that genetic mutations of this system may be a contributor to obesity. Melanocortins have also been found to play a role in the sexual functions in animals, both male and female. Researchers have even found that the administration of various types of melanocortins to result in spontaneous penile erections during studies (MT2 having shown great results here as well) and from this research there is now development of analogs other than MT2 to further research erectile dysfunction.

The focus of this article is on MT2 and its effects in enhancing pigmentation (tanning) and skin protection. MT2 was not a lone soldier out of the ashes, in fact MT2 was made after research on MT1 had begun. Researchers found a way to enhance and better utilize the effects of MT1 which led to the discovery and production of MT2. Melanotan was first synthesized at the University of Arizona and the project was headed by Victor J. Hruby and Mac E. Hadley. They found that MT1 & 2 was "approximately 1,000 times more potent than naturally found a-MSH" in test subjects. Further research showed very positive findings with MT2, with increased proliferation and melanogenesis being the main findings. The main focus of research was on the fact that MT2 research showed less DNA damage in test subjects that were subjected to UVA/UVB during MT2 treatment vs. the control group. As I am sure you know ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a major cause of skin ageing, carcinogenesis and cancer. MT2 was found to very effectively produce its protective effects by triggering a signaling cascade in the body by binding with the melanocortin receptor (MCR) on the surface of melanocytes in the epidermal layer of the skin. It does this by beginning a series of actions in the skin that result in melanocytes favoring the production of eumelanin (the protective brown pigment) over pheomelanin (red/yellow pigment). Even though MT2 has been around for a few years now and it still seems to be the most beneficial peptide for enhancing the pigmentation process and enhancing the skins protection to UV rays.

The positives do not stop there with Melanotan II, MT2 has also been found to block the feeling of food deprivation (hunger) in test subjects leading to less food hording. I feel this is just the very first steps of MT2 research in obesity. MT2 has also been found to enhance erections and sexual functions in both male and female subjects. The fact these finding show positives effects for both male and female subjects is of big interest to researches. MT2 acts more on the brain as opposed to just the sexual organs like most other compounds utilized in erectile dysfunction research seem to effect. These mentioned compounds are not found to be very effective to female subjects since the focus of sexual functions drugs is usually geared towards penile erection. This makes Melanotan II’s research findings VERY important to the scientific community. These findings were discovered accidentally while studying MT2's effects on skin pigmentation and may yet be another possible area for research and development with MT2 and in fact a new compound has already been made from MT2 called PT-141 and it is being researched for its positive effects on female sexual dysfunction.

There are many positives found in MT2 research and the safety of this research has shown to be very high with little to no negative effects found in test subjects. MT2's high rate of pigmentation with little to no UV stimulation has been found to be so effective that it is currently undergoing phase II and III clinical trials in subjects with photosensitivity disorders and those prone to nonmelanoma skin cancer.

MT2 research has come a long way recently. From simply looking into its effects on enhancing the pigmentation process (tanning) and skin protection, to the discovery of many other possible areas of worthy research for MT2 such as sexual enhancement, and even obesity issues; MT2 really is an amazing compound to work with. I hope this article has shed some light onto MT2's history, possible utilizations, and how it works.

Check it out >> Melanotan II (lyophilized) 10mg

Ref:
1) Significance of the melanocortin 1 receptor in regulating human melanocyte pigmentation, proliferation, and survival.Kadekaro AL, Kanto H, Kavanagh R, Abdel-Malek Z. Significance of the melanocortin 1 receptor... [Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
2) The first preparative solution phase synthesis of melanotan II.Ryakhovsky VV, Khachiyan GA, Kosovova NF, Isamiddinova EF, Ivanov AS.The first preparative solution phase sy... [Beilstein J Org Chem. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
3) Melanotropic peptides: more than just 'Barbie drugs' and 'sun-tan jabs'?Langan EA, Nie Z, Rhodes LE.Melanotropic peptides: more than just 'Barbie ... [Br J Dermatol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
4) Discovery that a melanocortin regulates sexual functions in male and female humans.Hadley ME.Discovery that a melanocortin regulates sexual func... [Peptides. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI
5) Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic melanotropic peptide in a pilot phase-I clinical study.Dorr RT, Lines R, Levine N, Brooks C, Xiang L, Hruby VJ, Hadley ME.Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic me... [Life Sci. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI
6) Region-specific differences in brain melanocortin receptors in rats of the lean phenotype.Shukla C, Britton SL, Koch LG, Novak CM.Region-specific differences in brain melanocorti... [Neuroreport. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI
7) Reflex penile erection in anesthetized mice: an exploratory study.Allard J, Edmunds NJ.Reflex penile erection in anesthetized mice: an... [Neuroscience. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI
8) MTII attenuates ghrelin- and food deprivation-induced increases in food hoarding and food intake.Keen-Rhinehart E, Bartness TJ. MTII attenuates ghrelin- and food deprivation-ind... [Horm Behav. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Melanotan II (lyophilized) 10mg

Last edited:
It looks great , ive been researching this for while finally I got some more info.

BTW: What are the doses, you should take to have all the benefits from it. ?

My wife and I used it for a while. Use a very small dose and at bedtime. It is going to make you sick as shit if you take it during the day. If your asleep, the sides won't bother you. I f---ed up and injected 10mg my first night and I thought I was going to die. Face turn bright red and burnt like crazy. The next day, i f---ed up again by working in the sun with a long sleeve shirt on. I got dark as hell on my face while my arms only slightly darker. Looked odd. Best thing to do is use it at night just before bedtime and go to the tanning bed a couple times a week for no more than 10 min or you are going to be super dark! My wifes sides wasn't as bad as mine but still upset her stomach. That stuff absolutely works if you do it right. You will have to research the proper dosage as I didn't and paid the price! Hope this helps.

It looks great , ive been researching this for while finally I got some more info.

BTW: What are the doses, you should take to have all the benefits from it. ?

from my article I made a little while ago:

"8# (MT2 cycle is for tanning purposes only, dependent on skin type and these are guidelines only)
Wk1-4 0.5mg 2-3X a week of MT2 (10min tan every week)
Wk4-8 0.5mg 1X a week of MT2 (10min tan every other week)
Wk8-? 0.5mg 1X a month of MT2 (tan and dose as needed) *maintenance "

It can vary i find doses over 0.5mg at a time make me feel a bit upset in the stomach but others use 1mg fine. for me i go 0.25-0.5mg at a time and it works great.

Going to give it another run in about 3 months.

I did its just sunspots I have some on the back of my neck it's damage from the sun nobody really notices but I'm picky

Anything you already have such as freckles or moles will become much darker. For some reason when I inject, the next day, my face is dark as hell but the rest is only minimal.

Sign up for our newsletter and twitter @cemproducts to get up-to-date sales, promotions, and articles.

Great post but good lord u guys are expensive .. I've been using mt2 for 3x less than amount and I'm golden brown..

But solid post none the less

It is a very informative post. Ive found that when t comes to rc's and even more so peptides you really do get what you pay for. I like rui because they have been around for years and I have never gotten bad product from them. Every attempt Ive made to save a few bucks ultimately, whether it was my first order or a few down the road, always ended up in me eventually getting garbage and spending more. Ive seen the labs posted on other sites from these peptide companies that are cheap - they weren't pretty. Im not taking chance on injecting unknown substances into my body or getting gyno cause i wanted to save a few dollars. Not for me man. At any rate Ive been toying with the idea of trying mt2 for years. Maybe it's time.

I am looking to start researching this peptide in the next couple months and was curious if this is administered subcutaneously and if it still comes with a mixing solution. I've read up on dosing schedules and other information, but haven't seen any specific details about these two items.

Thanks!

I am looking to start researching this peptide in the next couple months and was curious if this is administered subcutaneously and if it still comes with a mixing solution. I've read up on dosing schedules and other information, but haven't seen any specific details about these two items.

Thanks!

Yes use SubQ/subcutaneously in belly fat.
you have to add the solution to your cart when/after you add the MT2 to your cart.
I only add like 1-2ml to mix with, some like more.

Will be using MT2 soon myself in a month or two. Love RUI's MT2.

I rec 0.5mg 3X a week to build tan then 0.5mg ed-eod to maintain. but not everyone is the same with skin tone.

Good luck!

Just realized people argue if muscles are natural or not.... now they will argue if a tan is natural or not. I had to say it :laugh:

I have ran a melatan2 product last season and it was great, i loaded up on 2 vials initially which lasted me a month but damn did i get some colour to me. i looked like i turned mexican but the tone of colour i got far surpassed my expectations seeing as im fairskinned and it is usually a challenge to get a tan

Back