Miglyol a superior carrier

progear

Miglyol is combination of Neutral Oils made by the Chemical Company Sasol. The "Miglyol 840" seems to be particularly suitable, for intramuscular injection...very low viscosity. Genshi, states that they use Sasol chemicals, but they do not specify anything further, but I can guarantee you it's one of the Miglyol products, as they don't really make anything else. Miglyol 810 & 812 could also be used, but I'd think it would be unlikely, as they're more commonly used in Topical products. If you've ever wondered why some gear is SO clear, and just thought it was the oil, it could certainly be Miglyol, its' completely clear.

It could even be used as the Carrier and Solvent, I would think this would be at low dosages. I've read a few studies, there's just not that much info out there about it. I've seen a few old threads, but nothing has really turned up.

If you have any thoughts, or info, please share.

Info:

warnergraham.com/images/MiglyolProdInfo.pdf

Looks interesting. The link doesn't seem to work for me but I think in terms of convenience/availability common cooking oils are superior as of now. Although if someone had access to this I would be interested to hear their experience with it

MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides) is very thin, totally clear, very good for you, and it makes a great carrier.

I'll report back, I have some, and it's why I was looking for info on it. I've actually brewed with fractionated coconut oil before (MCT OIL) it's very thick.....a little scarry to filter, and it's not exactly painless. I'm trying to decide to what percentage BB to add. After some research, I'm confident I can brew prop at 100mg without BB, but I'm going to use low percentage of BB on batch #1.

I'm one of those lucky guys who's very sensitive to EO

hey progear, did you purchase this online? I see their website lists it but I don't see any ordering info.

Maybe its in store only?

I had to white-out a few things, and it's actually 2 pages, I only included 1. I'm not sure what the requirements are for buying this product. It's certainly not a controlled substance. Sasol is german, but they're pretty much world-wide and they do have offices in the US, so I'm sure they could sort it out over the phone. It's used very heavily in lot of types of manufacturing/production, so there are some pretty hefty minimums. I was able to purchase a 5 gallon drum, and paid a premium.

I've actually been researching this stuff for a while, and it took me quite a while to get it. One thing I've learned without a doubt, is that Miglyol 840 is NOT produced in China. You can definitely source it out of China, but it will be imported first, and this only adds to the price.

Also, I'll post some pics later. I finished up a 100ml batch of 100mg/ml Test Prop. It was depressing when I was drawing the Miglyol out of it's container, as it was thicker then anything I've used to date, at one point I thought it might even clog my Pipette...it didn't. I went with:

- 10 gram Test P
-14% BB
-2% BA
-The rest was Miglyol
-After I was done brewing, I let it cool (as not to damage the filter)I backloaded a 60ml syringe attached to a .2 micron, PVDF whatman filter...and if you've ever used these before, you know it can be a workout....BUT IT WASN'T!!!! It flowed through the Whatman like butter...well, like water....it was incredibly easy. It was a stark contrast to the Overly Thick original state of the Miglyol. And this was all the way back down to room Temp! I can't express how easy this stuff flowed. I've never experienced anything like it. I've cursed syringe filters, and sworn never to use them again, I've bruised the shit out of my hands, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Now, here's the really good part... Noticing how smooth the end product was, I decided to see if at all, and how easily I could draw the finished product from a vial into an 31G insulin syringe....it was as easy as HCG!! No joke. I feel like I've discovered miracle...but I also realize that due to it's "availability", and lack of documentation on it's use in the community, this might be the last Miglyol post you'll see for a while.

View attachment 548997

Sweet review man. Definitely does sound like you stumbled on a gem with this one!

Have you injected with it yet? If so how did that go?

I'll report back, I have some, and it's why I was looking for info on it. I've actually brewed with fractionated coconut oil before (MCT OIL) it's very thick.....a little scarry to filter, and it's not exactly painless. I'm trying to decide to what percentage BB to add. After some research, I'm confident I can brew prop at 100mg without BB, but I'm going to use low percentage of BB on batch #1.

I'm one of those lucky guys who's very sensitive to EO
Pure MCT oil is the thinnest carrier ive ever seen. It has nothing to do with coconut oil (which is thick). MCT oil is available in many forms, some are even flavored. A company called NOW makes pure MCT oil that is thin, and clear like water. This stuff is so thin, it can be drawn with a slin pin. Im sure it could be used as a solvent in low concentrations as well. I think this because it will destroy a PES filter (which shouldnt be used). I will also add, mct is totally painless. I make a TNE/Dbol (100/25) mix that looks like water, can be pinned with a slin pin, and is totally painless. No EO either

Last edited:
I agree with you, and wrote an earlier response to PES filters, and why they should never be used. I work in the industry, and have a lot of experience with Laboratory filtration. However, there is a big difference between Fractionated Coconut Oil, and Coconut Oil (Which can't be used in brewing)

Pure MCT oil is also known as "Fractionated Coconut Oil". Which is very different from Coconut oil. While Coconut oil contains many MCTs, the amounts can very, at it also contains many other Triglycerides, thus the Coconut oil goes through a "Fractioning" process to leave only the Medium Chained Triglycerides. The overwhelming majority of all the Pure MCT oil that is for sale is produced from coconut oil.

If anyone is wondering, MCTs are caprylic (C(8)) and capric (C(10)) fatty acids. When you look at the viscosity of these MCTs, you'll get a typical viscosity measurement of around 30 Millipascal per Second ("Dynamic Viscosity" is how we measure viscosity for these types of compounds). 30 is pretty good, especially compared to a typical 40 -45 with Olive oil, (not to mention all the other undesirables in Olive oil :) Miglyol 840 has a viscosity of 9-12 !!! That's insane.

Viscosity's changes depending on temp, I use room temp as a medium, because this will be what a lot of people will inject at (or slightly heated)....

Progear, thanks for sharing all your knowledge and research. A viscosity of 9-12 is pretty amazing. Ive researched this topic as well. When I did my research, I came up with the viscosities listed below. Of the carriers listed below, ive researched grapeseed, sesame, safflower, and MCT. The MCT is def the thinnest of the carriers ive researched. Infact, its thinner than GSO/EO (60%/40%). Im not sure what mct you were using that was thick. I really like it. I was looking at miglyol, and had such success with mct, that I stopped looking for it. But you have my attention again.
Castor 297.0 - Thickest
Crambe 53.6
High-Oleic Safflower 41.2
Peanut 39.6
Sunflower 37.1
Grapeseed 37.0
Sesame 35.3
Corn 34.9*
Cottonseed 33.5*
Soybean 32.6
Safflower 31.3
MCT 26 - @ 25 degrees C

Wanted to Post a Follow Up here. I've my own personal gear with Miglyol Ever Sense my initial Testing that I posted earlier about this product. I absolutely will not go back to Grape or Cotton Seed Oil. I've found it to be superior in every way.

Also, I wanted to Post that Miglyol is actually slightly different from Fractionated MCT (Coconut) Oil. I posted some details about Traditional MCT oils further up, but wanted to point out that Miglyol contains the "Di" ester of capric and caprylic acid with Propylene Glycol.

Thanks everyone for the great info on MCT oil!

The low viscosity (thinness) of the MCT oil makes it look like a very good alternative for Grape Seed oil!

Thanks again, mates!

interesting sh!t.

Progear can you elaborate on what you have brewed and @ what concentration and the pain (or lack of) associated with each brew with Miglyol 840.

sounds like good shit

interesting sh!t.

Progear can you elaborate on what you have brewed and @ what concentration and the pain (or lack of) associated with each brew with Miglyol 840.

sounds like good shit

I've actually brewed quite a few items. To many to list each individual recipe. However, they're all fairly traditional blend ratios, with the Miglyol 840 being substituted for the GSO. The exception is that I'm using about 50% less BB on average. I'm making any "Super" high dosed items....just the traditional doses. Miglyol, also has mild solvent properties, so this is why my BB ratio is lower. I've even found I can take it much lower than 50%. For example, I can now make Test Enanthate with 5% BB with no problems. I haven't tried lower than 5%.

SLIGHTLY off topic, but maybe not so. MCT is used as the foundation for synthol. What are we adding to the MCT to make synthol? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression it was just BA? I'm sure there was a reason we weren't using MCT as a carrier.

SLIGHTLY off topic, but maybe not so. MCT is used as the foundation for synthol. What are we adding to the MCT to make synthol? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression it was just BA? I'm sure there was a reason we weren't using MCT as a carrier.

Rastas,

You brought up some interesting points, mate. I never thought about this.

Did some Googling and here is what one article said about MCT and Synthol:

"Synthol consists usually of oil, benzyl alcohol and lidocain. It consists of 85% of oil (normally it is oil built by medium-length MTC chains because it gives the best effects), 7,5% of lidocain (painkiller), 7,5% of alcohol (to sterilize the mixture)"

[The usage of synthol in the body building]. [Polim Med. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

So if I understand this article correctly, it says that Synthol is built by using MTC.

Our concern here is injecting an oil that is absorbed too slowly by the body like Synthol. Most of us probably don't want that :D.

However, is Synthol identical to MTC in terms of how slowly the body absorbs it?

Did some searches and found that some brewers have been using MCT as carrier, and the effects seem like Synthol, where the oil stays in the muscle for a while and enhances the sites:

MY GF wants to inject MCT oil in her lips???

Thoughts on MCT Oil

I've actually brewed quite a few items. To many to list each individual recipe. However, they're all fairly traditional blend ratios, with the Miglyol 840 being substituted for the GSO. The exception is that I'm using about 50% less BB on average. I'm making any "Super" high dosed items....just the traditional doses. Miglyol, also has mild solvent properties, so this is why my BB ratio is lower. I've even found I can take it much lower than 50%. For example, I can now make Test Enanthate with 5% BB with no problems. I haven't tried lower than 5%.

hhanks for the post, I brew as well, this is great info, I have used always grape seed in the past, cant wait to try this stuff for my dbol blends!

Dear Progear I am very grateful for the info on Miglyol 840 you give, at the moment I'm finding out where I can buy it.

Can you give us finished product photo that uses (840 Miglyol), how it feels when injected, whether the pain is reduced compared with GSO or Olive Oil.

whether there are other positive effects using Miglyol 840.

Thank You ProGear

Back