mild left ventricle hypertrophy , weights or aas

Diced

Recently had my heart looked at via echocardiogram long story short my LVH is slightly enlarged !! cardiologist thinks it may be from lifting weights however he also said steroids can do this !! how many of u guys have had ur hearts checked ? has anyone been in a similiar situation and continued to use ? my bp does get to around 140-145/ 60-70 when im on i no thats high systolic but not by much ? i watch my saturated fats / salt intake and do cardio often any other tips for keeping the bp down while on !!

Unfortunately that's a side effect. Usually it's because of high doses over a long period of time, longer than a standard cycle.

If you're genetics are prone to it happening, it will happen. Been using gear for awhile with lots of clen and EC, also used a lot of amphetamines. Had an EKG done along with bloodwork and the doctor said I'm one of the healthiest people he's examined.

How much is slightly? Is your doc/cardiologist worried about it, or is it still within the normal range?

And yeah, this is pretty common. I don't think I've ever read about a bodybuilder death without mention of enlarged organs observed during autopsy, particularly heart.

I doubt that weights alone would cause any issues, lifetime natty guys tend to walk around like 45yr olds at 80+.

Last edited:
Steroids are not a direct impact. This is commonly due to high blood pressure. Intense training is certainly a cause, but generally last on the list of possibilities.

Keep vessels dilated and blood pressure in range and LVH won't be a problem.

ive probabaly only run about 4-5 cycles in my life only using test/bit of deca/anavar really !! doctor said it was upper end of normal so its almost considered enlarged !! my bp is an issue at the same time im a personal trainer and i take bp readings all the time and most clients i have also have bp in the same range as mine !! would be good if i could get it right down tho !!

i train really intense , however ive swtiched more towards cardio then heavy weights recently !! it shits me to tears all i want to do is cycle everyone around me appears to be fine doing so but im just a dud ! lol

sorry bout the 3 posts, but can gear effect the heart directly all ive read is it increases bad cholestrol and RBC AND DECREASES good cholestrol ? all i run is low doses of test/anavar

Answered above, Diced. Steroids do not directly impact the issue at hand. It is a chain reaction of things that are mostly under your control. Should you fail to manage your body properly in the presence of exogenous testosterone/steroids by controlling blood pressure, cholesterol, elevated RBC, high E2, etc.. you will most certainly run into problems.

Austinite you get mad respect around here. If there were 3 tips a first timer could follow to ensure heart/cardio health along the way, what would they be? You mention things that are important, but what means/methods to accomplish them

Low body fat (10%?) prior to starting cycle ?
Monitor blood pressure throughout with a good bp monitor ?
Ensure part of your diet that keeps cholesterol in check ? (oats, fish oil, watch dietary cholesterol and saturated fats) ?

Thanks!

Back