Milk or Water with your protein shakes?

Milk or water with protein shakes?

• Milk

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • Water

Votes: 50 41.7%

• Total voters
98% of the time is water.....Unless I really have a taste for milk....milk has alot of unnecessary sugars but sure does taste good with shake!
Go with the water

It all depends if I am dieting or not. I like the taste of milk shakes over water, but when the going gets tough the tough get going.

always water so far, i guess when bulking milk would be ok... shit if your just lookin for a tasty shake, put some vanilla allthewhey, milk, sorbet, a banana, ill bet that shit would taste awsome!

Well, I take my shakes with milk immediately upon waking and immediately before bed, because the excess cals in the milk help to slow the absorption of the protein. These are the times I want slower absorption. My other 2 shakes of the day are with water, because I don't have to space them out quite as much, and therefore want quicker absorption.

I use milk right now for calories. If not, then I use warm-ish water for easier mixing, and usually add olive oil.

Used to use skim milk until a nutritionist basically broke it to me that most of the protein in milk was useless and that in the end, the milk was activating food allergies that typically make a milk drinker feel bloated and look extra puffy.

Since switching to water with my protein shakes, I can definitely say that I dont feel as bloated as I used to back when I used milk and secondly, I notice my face looks much leaner then when I used to drink milk with my protein.

I can probably have him come on here and try and explain his reasoning behind the no-milk theory.

Humm I'll have to try some 1% with my designer protien for better flavor. Normally I add a teaspoon of icecream to my shakes to mask the card board flavoring they add to them.

Usually milk, but I've been weening myself off to water. I think I might be lactose intolerant...

BiggieSwolls said:
Used to use skim milk until a nutritionist basically broke it to me that most of the protein in milk was useless and that in the end, the milk was activating food allergies that typically make a milk drinker feel bloated and look extra puffy.

Since switching to water with my protein shakes, I can definitely say that I dont feel as bloated as I used to back when I used milk and secondly, I notice my face looks much leaner then when I used to drink milk with my protein.

I can probably have him come on here and try and explain his reasoning behind the no-milk theory.

Please do...i'd love to hear this theory

The only reason I ever use protein shakes are for bulking up, so whole milk is what I mix with the protein powder. It tastes better that way too.

SpikeyLizard said:
Well, I take my shakes with milk immediately upon waking and immediately before bed, because the excess cals in the milk help to slow the absorption of the protein. These are the times I want slower absorption. My other 2 shakes of the day are with water, because I don't have to space them out quite as much, and therefore want quicker absorption.

I do exactly this also.

i use whole milk....since the only reason why i drink protein shakes is to bulk... makes me bloated though...

bones93 said:
98% of the time is water.....Unless I really have a taste for milk....milk has alot of unnecessary sugars but sure does taste good with shake!
Go with the water

Same here

SpikeyLizard said:

I was told by a nutritionist that the carbs in milk are from sugar and you should not do protein with milk before you sleep. Use Udo's choice blend or olive oil to slow down absorption.

Back