Milk or Water with your protein shakes?

Milk or water with protein shakes?

• Milk

Votes: 70 58.3%
  • Water

Votes: 50 41.7%

• Total voters
BiggieSwolls said:
Used to use skim milk until a nutritionist basically broke it to me that most of the protein in milk was useless and that in the end, the milk was activating food allergies that typically make a milk drinker feel bloated and look extra puffy.

Since switching to water with my protein shakes, I can definitely say that I dont feel as bloated as I used to back when I used milk and secondly, I notice my face looks much leaner then when I used to drink milk with my protein.

I can probably have him come on here and try and explain his reasoning behind the no-milk theory.

I heard the EXACT same thing and think your right on da money

Diary food sucks, and you shouldnt consume any of it!

A chairman of Harvard doesn`t see any correlation of people who drinks lots of milk, and their chances of getting osteoporosis. Thats maybe because they trick you?? Milk is not a good source of calcium. The reasons are several, including bad absorbation, milk is too acidic, etc.

Further more, milk is not ment to be consumed after you are done with your mammal milk. Many childen lose their enzyme which digest the milk, causing them to react negatively on milk. It gives them a bloated look, makes allergic reactions in the body, increases the chances of a flu and cold, etc. Studies have also shown a correlation of drinking milk and lack of iron.

It is also a known fact that high doses of milk actually cause lower levels of IGF-1, and glutamine being used to neutralize the acid, it use glutamine, and calcium which are alkaline. This makes the body maintain the prefered ph level.

I recommend you all to read the book "dont drink your milk".

If anyone are interested I have several studies and links which support what I am saying.

I always use water just because it's a lot easier to mix. People who complain about the taste - man up a bit. Who cares what it tastes like? I don't know very many BBers who care about taste of stuff, considering what kind of stuff we gotta eat all the time anyway, unless you're one of those BBers who follows the Buger King Bulking Diet.

the human body needs 500ml of milk a day hands down! I prefer skim myself with 33% Extra calcium.

'Milk, It does a body good'

Where in the hell did you get your information!!! Number one milk cotains two of the most anabolic, if not the most anabolic protien sources known to man. Ever heard of Casien or Whey Protien. Number two milk is extremely high in calcium. The only down side would be fat content. But that's what 2% and skim milk are for. Water and Milk in your protien shakes is just a matter of taste and your goals.

www.getwellonline.net

Hardway said:
Diary food sucks, and you shouldnt consume any of it!

A chairman of Harvard doesn`t see any correlation of people who drinks lots of milk, and their chances of getting osteoporosis. Thats maybe because they trick you?? Milk is not a good source of calcium. The reasons are several, including bad absorbation, milk is too acidic, etc.

Further more, milk is not ment to be consumed after you are done with your mammal milk. Many childen lose their enzyme which digest the milk, causing them to react negatively on milk. It gives them a bloated look, makes allergic reactions in the body, increases the chances of a flu and cold, etc. Studies have also shown a correlation of drinking milk and lack of iron.

It is also a known fact that high doses of milk actually cause lower levels of IGF-1, and glutamine being used to neutralize the acid, it use glutamine, and calcium which are alkaline. This makes the body maintain the prefered ph level.

I recommend you all to read the book "dont drink your milk".

If anyone are interested I have several studies and links which support what I am saying.

Used to use skim milk until a nutritionist basically broke it to me that most of the protein in milk was useless and that in the end, the milk was activating food allergies that typically make a milk drinker feel bloated and look extra puffy.

Water nowdays, for the reasons Biggie mentioned. Dropped milk a long time ago, grew up on it though.

So, even SKIM milk will bloat you in a shake?

I'd love to see some scientific studies on all these claims. Not that I disbelieve them, but opinion is opinion and fact is fact.

I use skim milk for my early shakes. Not only because it makes it taste much better, but also because skim milk is a has a low GI content, correct?

At night, when I take my "before bed" (slow release shake) shake I ALWAYS use water.

I know beer will bloat you up, but SKIM MILK???

Please, share more.

Brian

i used to do the water thing too but fuck that now, tastes like dick. I'm trying to enjoy my diets now a lil more just soo it doesn't seem like eatings a chore.

with milk it deffinately tasts better, but with water it mixes so much easier and water is just more convenient

skim mil...i dont gain fat easy so i used to use whole mik but it did bloat me. skim milk is perfect for my personal needs, everyone is different

big-tymer said:
the human body needs 500ml of milk a day hands down! I prefer skim myself with 33% Extra calcium.

'Milk, It does a body good'

I agree....milk does do a body good. I am not lactose intolerant at all so I never see bloating due to milk or any dairy product. I use skim milk with my shakes....if I'm cutting calories though I will use 1/2 skim milk and 1/2 water.

2% skim milk for me. Mixed with water the taste is just too nasty. Since I'm eating chicken breasts, tuna, baked fish, salads, etc. all day long and depriving myself of many foods, I figure atleast my protein shake can taste half-way decent.

Back