Monday starts my yearlong Journey with 3j

AlbaGuBrath

I've spent the last two weeks gathering appliances and food and everything needed in order to start this journey… I even moved to be within 1 mile of the gym.... Rid myself of every distraction that I can think of ....I've spent my life doing onagainoffagain sporadic training and lifting with no real direction ... Then back in 2011 I stumbled across Ology ... It's time for a change and by following 3js training and nutrition plan coupled with not only individual accountability but asking for the support of this band of brothers and sisters here at Ology I believe I will be my best at 45 !!!

Stats are ( ashamed of )

Height : 6''2"
Weight: Today was 290 lbs
Bodyfat%. Lol high
Neck : 19.125
Calves 18.125
Thighs. 27, 27.250
Arms ( cold out to sides ) 17. 17.125
Forearms 14.5 , 14.75
Chest 53
Waist. 47 taped ( fat ass )

Long road ahead Goals and progress to come weekly and as they unfold ... Ardent desire coupled with support and encouragement here I feel I can change not only my health but my physique and my life!

Thanks for the time Ology members

Good luck! You have taken an important first step. You have a good coach. Remember, it is a marathon. Not a sprint. It took a long time to get to the point you are at. So it will take some time to undo.

If you lose it too fast, you will simply regain it again. That is one of the biggest things I have learned. The body WANTS to stay in its current condition, no matter what that condition is, and right now your condition is not a good one. Slow and steady, with pauses to let the body adjust to the new you, are key.

Log it all, brother!

Congrats, the ducks are all in a row now it is all on you man. Time to execute the plan. Stick to the commitment you have made to yourself. You have one of the best on your team and he will help hold you accountable and of course his knowledge base cant be beat. You can also lean on us here for support and accountability.
Its Nike time....Just Do It!!

Can it be logged here or is there a specific area for that? And thank you in advance for the kind words and support...Dollar for dollar it's The best investment I can think to make in myself, in my future, and in my life!!!

Last edited:
i smell a future 3js nutrition network b&a pic hall of famer....

there's plenty of room on my website

now stop typing and get back to eating!!! :D

welcome to the family.. time to grind!!!

Neck - 19
Calves -18
Arms -17
Thighs - 27
Forearms- 14.25 14.5 L/R

Waist at pant line - 46.5
Weight 290. Still 6'2"

Measured fasted cold

Man I look horrible. That'll change soon enough. Two days shy of Week one of dynamic carb cycling nutrition plan also using a five day split reverse pyramid training under the watchful eye of Mr. 3j.

Figured I would post stats on his required measure day... Just a brief overview higher carb days obviously for lagging body parts and/or large muscle groups. Basic compound movements ... Too damned embarrassed to put up pics right now
I believe my beginning measurements I was still holding on to some water due to excess creatine which has since been eliminated during this first phase

A little prep work for big carb day and the ubiquitous cock pic

Thought I'd share: meals 2,3,4, PWO and the only cock pic I'll ever post I swear !
Seriously, this week went great and zero cravings for the bad shit... Picked up an extra refrigerator off CL for $25 dollars to keep my food in.... I've managed to source a countertop convection oven. Foreman big grill... Pressure cooker... Rice cooker and the fridge for a total of $95 dollars ... View attachment 562344

Chances are you're going to stray at some point, the main thing is don't beat yourself up on it, just log it and move on.

Good luck brother!

Neck - 18 15/16
Calves -18
Arms -17
Chest- 52.75
Thighs - 27
Forearms- 14.5 14.5 L/R
Belly 48
Waist at pant line - 45.75
Weight 287.6
Height. 6'2"

Had to get new uniform pants at work ! I didn't really want to post that belly measurement but full disclosure keeps you accountable lol

Last edited:
It's my Tartan behind the Scottish Lion Rampant ... I'm Scottish diaspora!

Ah ok, I see it now. Looks well done! I have been investigating my lineage.... Im zeroing in on germanic,irish scottish, North Germany, maybe Norse...dunno very interesting tho. Your doing the right thing by honoring your past heritage. Remeber the past

Ah ok, I see it now. Looks well done! I have been investigating my lineage.... Im zeroing in on germanic,irish scottish, North Germany, maybe Norse...dunno very interesting tho. Your doing the right thing by honoring your past heritage. Remeber the past

If you don't know where you came from you'll never understand why you go where you do!

Last edited:
Back