Morning run, cut fat

B bOy CrAyOn

Learning the Ways
so i was reading somewhere else that running in the morning without anything in your stomach is bad and your body will turn to your muscles for energy and break them down.... some people were saying to take a shake and wait a half hour and that would be good... so im here asking all you pros about this... i basically need to trim my midsection so i wanna start running and doing a lot of ab excercises besides the obvious, eating cleaner. Running should help bring down my body fat % as a whole though shouldnt it.

One last thing i was wondering is how much harder is it to gain muscle mass if you run ?

B bOy CrAyOn said:
so i was reading somewhere else that running in the morning without anything in your stomach is bad and your body will turn to your muscles for energy and break them down.... some people were saying to take a shake and wait a half hour and that would be good... so im here asking all you pros about this... i basically need to trim my midsection so i wanna start running and doing a lot of ab excercises besides the obvious, eating cleaner. Running should help bring down my body fat % as a whole though shouldnt it.

One last thing i was wondering is how much harder is it to gain muscle mass if you run ?

I would eat something pre-morning run. In effect your body will be grabbing for something to use as energy and it will find both muscle and fat on an empty stomach.

I used to think the same way until I learned differently.

Eat something, anything. A couple egg whites, a bagel, bar, shake, etc.

Be sure to have lots of protein directly after running too. Your body will be looking for something, don't let it get your hard earned muscle.

Back