MotoCross for Fitness

SimiViking

Former Lurker
I ride a 2006 Honda CRF-450x,... when I first started riding, Early Sunday AM, 32+ mile Desert Loop, I was soar till Thursday, then Wednesday, then a few more weeks, not Sore at all.
I got a membership to 24 hr Fitness. a Trainer started showing me exercises for Dirtbikes.
When I joined Golds, I took a Trainer Riding dirt. He's also the Boxing Instructor... He THOUGHT he was in shape, and i didnt look so in shape.... the riding drove him into the ground, He slept all the way home... Wiped out.
Now, I have entire routines devoted to MotoCross. every exercise besed on how the Bars hit your muscle groups. Lots of Cable exercises, knes bend, core building. I found the "300 Workout" (10 exercises/ 30 reps each) and adapted it to Dirtbikes.
Also, 1 leged squats, with the other leg in the Air (like a bike going around a tight corner...) 30 each leg
Now that im on a Bulk Cycle, I've cut my reps for now, same exercises though, but split them into 3 nights: Push, Pull, Legs Giving me 72 hours of recovery time. Abs & Cardio Every night

I find the more I hit the weights the quicker my forearms blow up, and 30 minutes into the ride I can't hold onto the bars....No doubt good workouts.

Back