My body can't handle creatine or whey, now what?

gHalcon

I have been working out lightly for the last 6+ months. In addition to eating healthy, I have been taking supplements and vitamins.

I am lactose intolerant and so when I take whey protein, I get diarrhea. After I noticed this effect, I took Lactaid along with my shake but then it makes it painful for me to take a dump.

Creatine makes my stool a little dry.

So what else can I take to help me with my fitness routine to building muscles? Would muscle milk help? I don't have side effects from multi-vitamins, thank god.

Thanks

If creatine is making your stool too dry, try drinking more water. As for the protein giving you upset stomach, some protein powders are say 98% lactose free which would make your stomach feel uncomfortable. Try buying some pure whey protein isolate - It'll be expensive, but its the best protein supplement you can take without having the bloat/gass/shitting problems.

As for drinking muscle milk, it won't help with your stomach issue either. Last time I checked, it still had lactose in it?

get a nice high quality whey isolate from the link in my sig. Isolate filters all of the lactose and galactose out of the whey. Whey concentrate does not do this. This should solve your stomach problems.

You can also try the Creatine Ester Ethyl (CEE) from them as well.

If you use the discount code in my sig you get 5% off.

Suareezay said:
get a nice high quality whey isolate from the link in my sig. Isolate filters all of the lactose and galactose out of the whey. Whey concentrate does not do this. This should solve your stomach problems.

You can also try the Creatine Ester Ethyl (CEE) from them as well.

If you use the discount code in my sig you get 5% off.

I second this.I,too,am lactose intolerant.I have had no problems with TrueProteins cold-filtered whey isolate.TP truly has the best protein powders on the market.

gHalcon said:
I have been working out lightly for the last 6+ months. In addition to eating healthy, I have been taking supplements and vitamins.

I am lactose intolerant and so when I take whey protein, I get diarrhea. After I noticed this effect, I took Lactaid along with my shake but then it makes it painful for me to take a dump.

Creatine makes my stool a little dry.

So what else can I take to help me with my fitness routine to building muscles? Would muscle milk help? I don't have side effects from multi-vitamins, thank god.

Thanks

Sounds like the issue is fiber, as much as lactose. and you should try various digestive enzymes to compensate for anything...

Swouthpas7 have a point

Southpaw7 said:
Sounds like the issue is fiber, as much as lactose. and you should try various digestive enzymes to compensate for anything...

I know some guys who they have still problem with isolate.

So they mix with soy protein and in a couple month they go on only isolate and the system is now OK.

Southpaw7 have a point in fiber try oatmeal with your whey and let us know?

Easto said:
TrueProtein Whey Isolate Cold-Filtration and Creatine Ethyl Ester

this and drink more water.

also, no more "working out lightly" - start hitting the weights hard. You get out of it what you put in.

Maybe this is off subject but,...
Make sure you use a blender for your shakes. This will reduce bloat and help with absoprtion.

Creatine can have that effect. You may have to be careful of your dosage. Like everyone else says, drink more water.

Back