My first cycle - Anavar/test. Need tips

john283

Hey everyone, here are my stats:

22 years old
5"9 height 185 pounds 13% body fat
Never have run any cycle before

I wanted to use anavar for my first cycle because I know it's milder than most but I wanted to use it for a clean bulk rather than just for a cut. My question is, should I be using test e or test p if I want to use it for a clean bulk?

Anavar 50-80mg ED Weeks 1-8 50mg/60mg/70mg/70mg/80mg/80mg/80mg/80mg
Test Prop 500mg (100mg EOD) Weeks 1-8
HCG 500iu (250iu pinned Monday/Thursday)

PCT
Clomid 70/70/35/35
Nolvadex Breakdown
40/20/20/20mg

Also will be keeping taurine on standby as well as finding some liver protector to take throughout the entire cycle just to be on the safe side.

I know anavar is mostly for leaning out but it can also be used for building lean muscle. Should I use test e instead of test p to make some more gains or would that be counter productive? I want to gain a bit more weight but I don't want to try d-bol or anything too harsh for a first time. Thank you

Why not do test e for 12 weeks @ 500mgs. If u gotta run var do it during the last part of your cycle. You need to run an ai during cycle too. Bloods should be done before, middle and after cycle.

Agree with tbo - no need to run prop in your situation. Test E for 12-14 weeks, if you want to add var it's your money but your diet will have a bigger impact - putting an extra $100 towards fresh chicken breast might do you better. Compared to some other orals, dbol isn't too harsh btw. Doesn't treat me well personally but many many people swear by it for a reason. Also, I'm not knocking var, I'm using some myself atm but I don't know that I'd bother again in the future.

Ok, so test e at 250mg every 3 1/2 days for 500mg a week for 12 weeks with arimidex .25mg every other day.I'll take HcG as well..

As far as PCT, since test e stays in the body for 14 days I read to start PCT after 14 days of last test e injection. Does that sound about right?

Anyone know if there's anything that can be done to prevent hair loss? Thanks!

I pin test E E3D for slightly stabler blood levels. I'm sure there's virtually no difference going twice per week, or Monday morning / Thursday night (e3.5d)

Yep, PCT 14-20 days after your last pin.

If you're prone to MPB it'll happen a little quicker with extra test in your system.

GLHF

I appreciate all the help man, that sure cleared up a lot of things. Just have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Do you need taurine for any back pumps? Would it be better to have it just in case?
Did you experience acne? Because I'm acne prone so I may have to wait till summer to take it because I never get acne over summer.

And finally, would you recommend using anavar with the test towards the end to shred up or would that be too much for a first cycle and should I just stick to test only. Because I'd have to wait 18 weeks after test e to run another cycle so is there a way to include anavar with this?

Taurine is so cheap there's no reason to forego it. I take 5-10g ED when using orals or clen. But it doesn't solve back pumps for me. Monitoring sodium / potassium and maintaining water intake seems to help more. YMMV however.

I get pretty serious shoulder / upper bacne on higher test cycles (500 and up) - right now I'm between 3-400mg /wk test + 8-1000mg /wk tren and it's pretty minor, but still present. I'm actually giving Austinite's acne "stack" a go, just to see if it makes a difference for me - I'm into about day 10 of 14000mg ED vitamin B5 plus some other shit. It's on this site if you want to search for it. During the summer, or hitting a tanning bed acne is almost non-existant for me as well, but that doesnt' stop me from cycling in the winter obviously lol.

Anavar is super mild, so I wouldn't hesitate to run it just because it's your first cycle. My hesitation comes from it's price / performance ratio - being so mild, I feel that you'd get more mileage out of pumping that money into your next cycle or buying better / more food for this cycle. Completely up to you though - be warned that around here most of our "anavar" is not really var, it's dbol or tbol. I'm confident what I have in my possession is var based on the fact that I can actually do workouts that involve my spinal erectors, but my shoulder pumps are still pretty severe as of late. Gotta up my water intake even more i think.

Gotcha, thanks again. I'll keep taurine just in case and yeah, I'll start the cycle at the start of May. I'm going to be eating about 2700-3100 calories a day so it'll be a small bulk. I wanted to tone up while I took test but anavar seems like a hassle so I'll try this out first see how it goes and maybe next summer 2015 i'll shred up

Great work asking questions and doing research.
Snow patrol, what's your AI like? Just wondering because of the acne. Have you ever gotten mid cycle tests to check estrogen?
And John, on that note, consider aromasin over adex.

I think a lot of people underestimate the need for an AI.

What would be the difference between aromasin over arimidex? I was planning on .25 mg eod. Would aromasin make a difference?

Also, I think I'm going to get 600 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) daily for lvier protection and also keep raloxifene on hand in case of gyno because I don't know if i'm prone to it

Agree with tbo - no need to run prop in your situation. Test E for 12-14 weeks, if you want to add var it's your money but your diet will have a bigger impact - putting an extra $100 towards fresh chicken breast might do you better. Compared to some other orals, dbol isn't too harsh btw. Doesn't treat me well personally but many many people swear by it for a reason. Also, I'm not knocking var, I'm using some myself atm but I don't know that I'd bother again in the future.

Agreed. And sadly, dbol takes my bp through the roof. Var doesn't do much for me besides cause a little anxiety.

What would be the difference between aromasin over arimidex? I was planning on .25 mg eod. Would aromasin make a difference?

Also, I think I'm going to get 600 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) daily for lvier protection and also keep raloxifene on hand in case of gyno because I don't know if i'm prone to it

You want some surprising info on Arimidex? It KILLS HDL levels! Most people don't know this, but I started using it well over ten yrs ago, and while on no other orals, my HDL dropped from 51 to 16, which scared me to death. I switched over to Aromasin, and no problems since. Be warned about Arimidex...

Aromasin (exemestane) is a suicidal inhibitor, with a slightly different mechanism of action than Arimidex. It costs approximately double, which isn't a show-stopper but something to consider depending on the length of your cycle. With adex you can get away with 0.25mg EOD most of the time; aromasin is more like 25mg ED (but you can start with 12.5mg ED and take it from there)

I personally use adex on cycle, and extremely low dose aromasin for the first ten or twenty days of PCT. (~6.25mg ED, approx. one liquid drop using 1mg/ml liquid exemestane)

Back