My First Cycle

Skinnyman2580

Well I am in my 5th week of my 10 week cycle right now.

Before starting:
145lbs. 5'10" 6%BF
max bench 175
squat 205
I had been working out for about 8 months.

As of now:
160lbs. 5'10" 7.5%BF
max bench 225
squat 275

Cycle Info:
week 1-5 375mg Test Cyp.
week 6-10 500mg Test Cyp.
week 12-15 clomid

I have heard different opinions about increasing test half way through the cycle. I decided to try it out. Also, I did not have all my gear before I started to I tried to get my second bottle and couldnt. I had to change brands to finish out the cycle. This kind of worried me, but I was told that there shouldnt be any problems with this.

I started this really unaware of what I was doing. I have always been an extreme ectomorph. One year ago I weighed 120lbs. and was wayy too skinny so I have basically been lean bulking every since with a little cardio here and there.

I have also been told that I should not have started this because I was not "ready" as far as weight and fitness goes. Though, no problems so far except for a good bit of joint pain and a recurring shoulder injury. I guess this is mainly from jumping weight so quickly.

any constructive criticism is ok with me... I am still very new at this...

Had my 6th injection today. Went up to 500mg for the first time. Everything went well.
Weighed in at 164 today with 8%BF.
Have been gaining an average of 3 lbs. a week.

Not going to get any more maxes untill the end.

Workouts have been very intense and still rising in weight a good bit. Have just started seeing some minor sides...(acne)

I am actually starting to see some good size improvements in arms and shoulders now.

oh yea.. workout routine:

Monday-Chest/Tri
Tuesday-calves/abs
Wednesday-Biceps/Shoulders
Thursday-Abs or off
Friday-Back
Saturday-Legs/abs
Sunday-off

Skinnyman2580 said:
Had my 6th injection today. Went up to 500mg for the first time. Everything went well.
Weighed in at 164 today with 8%BF.
Have been gaining an average of 3 lbs. a week.

Not going to get any more maxes untill the end.

Workouts have been very intense and still rising in weight a good bit. Have just started seeing some minor sides...(acne)

I am actually starting to see some good size improvements in arms and shoulders now.

oh yea.. workout routine:

Monday-Chest/Tri
Tuesday-calves/abs
Wednesday-Biceps/Shoulders
Thursday-Abs or off
Friday-Back
Saturday-Legs/abs
Sunday-off

IMO I think the workout sucks. You've got legs the day after back, bad idea, you should atleast have 72 hours between the 2 since they are the biggest muscle groups (think CNS). And the rest is blahhh...

Maybe try:

M-back/bi's
T-off
W-chest/tri/shoulders
TR-off
F-legs

Do abs/cardio when ever you want. The shoulders get worked every day so dont worry about throwing them at the end chest/tri's. And I would still mess with your maxes thru the cycle, the whole idea is to get as strong/big as possible in the next couple weeks so go KILL IT! keep us posted

K thanks for the heads up. That sounds good to me except I need to do the chest/tri/shoulders on Monday.. so I will switch your Monday and Wednesday around and keep legs on saturday. I'll start that next week and see how it works.

Skinnyman2580 said:
Before starting:
145lbs. 5'10" 6%BF

How did you get your bodyfat measured? Six percent is awful low to maintain consistently. Also, how old are you?

I am 21. Yea, the bodyfat count might not be completely accurate. I used some type of handheld thing that is at the gym I workout at. I used it today and it said 9%BF

Also, weighed in at 167 today.
Maxed bench again... maxed out at 235

My goal in another 5 weeks is weight 175, bench 250.
It is looking like it is possible, not sure yet though.

Into week 7 now. Everything going good. The gains are not quite what I expected, but are still ok. Weight about the same. Acne is terrible on my face,neck, and back. I seem to be having a little extra hair growth now that I have never seen before.

Workout is chest/Tri tonight... my favorite. Gonna get a new max Sat so will update then.

Currently working out with:
Bench-5 X 5 @185
Dumbell Curl-3 X 10 @40
Overhead Tri extensions-3 X 10 @60
Squat-3 X 10 @ 255
Military Press-3 X 10 @145

hows your diet? remember...2g protein per pound of bodyweight (which is increasing rapidly), lots of carbs for breakfast/early in the day and around workouts, and let fat fill in the rest of the cals.

Well its really hard to eat like I should because of my college schedule and work. Though, I eat about 150-200g protein daily and about 3500 calories. I have been upping it a little at a time. I am not exactly sure about my carb intake, though I get as much as possible.

I am kinda switching my workout around a little. I started this routine yesterday.

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Biceps
Wednesday-Back/abs
Thursday-Tri
Friday-Shoulders
Saturday-Legs/abs
Sunday-OFF

I am trying to get more out of each workout because I have been neglecting mainly Tri and Shoulders because I would do them the same day as other things. So, I am sticking to one muscle group a day.

You arent getting enough food for someone training without AAS.

You need for your weight at least 340 grams of protein and at least 4000 calories. Forget trying to eat clean and just eat. If you want to grow, you have to eat. If you want to look like a marathoner, keep doing what you are doing.

Also, why are you working out that many days per week?

Three days a week my skinny brethren.

hah.. its funny that you bring up the marathoner.. cause that is about what I look like except without the abs...

I try to eat more, it just seems like I can't get anymore down. Though, I can keep trying.

And about the workout every day, I duno its just what a friend of mine was trying to get me on...though, he is about 60 lbs. heavier than me. So do I need to cut my workout down to 3 or 4 days a week?? and just not workout as much on each muscle??

I just took a friends advice and started taking some methyl masterdrol. this is my 3rd day taking 20mg a day... My BP has been through the roof all day and I have been having cramps in my mid-back area.. anyone ever taken this or know anything about it???

In week 8 now. i am somewhat convinced that I shouldnt have switched types of Cypionate half way through. The major gains that I was seeing have slowed down alot. Still gaining slowly though.

weight still around 165
BF@ 9.5%
Maxed bench today @ 235

This is the 4th day of methyl masterdrol so no signs from it yet.

I have increased my eating ALOT. getting around 4k calories and 300g protein daily now.. about 150 from whey and the rest from food.

OK I have a couple of questions... I am seeing a little bit of what could be gyno.. my nipples are a little sore. Is this normal? Should I go ahead and start a low dosage of the clomid now? I had planned on extending the cycle to 11 weeks just because I will have more left over than I expected. I was planning on starting the clomid at week 13.. By starting the post cycle therapy (pct) then will it make the puffy/sore nipples go away, or is this something that will be there forever?

Anyone?? 'any advice about the clomid???

Well just for an update, weight around 167 still... not gaining much anymore... i had hoped to get to 175 by the end of the cycle..

maxed bench again today... got 250, which was my goal... so I am setting a new goal of 275 by the time i start post cycle therapy (pct) which is another 4 weeks.

i stopped the methyl masterdrol because i wasn't sleeping well and my blood pressure stayed sky high.

Skinnyman2580 said:
Anyone?? 'any advice about the clomid???

If you think you are starting to show signs of gyno I would use something other then clomid, it simply isn't the right product. I would begin running either nolvadex at 20mgs per day or else arimidex at .5mgs per day. If you don't have either on hand, order some ASAP.

Finished my last injection last night. I seem to be thickening up more now than before. I still havent gained any more weight though. It seems like I gained it all the first 6 weeks really. My strength is still increasing though, which is good.

Back