My first serious recomp cycle

I don't know why but might my current belly bloating be due to 300grams of low fat cottage cheese consumed today? Seems I'm more fat than before.

I don't know why but might my current belly bloating be due to 300grams of low fat cottage cheese consumed today? Seems I'm more fat than before.

hows your sugar intake? Breads? carbs? have you checked your E2 levels lately? does diabetes run in your family?
whens the last time you had pizza???

Last edited:
hows your sugar intake? Breads? carbs? have you checked your E2 levels lately? does diabetes run in your family?
whens the last time you had pizza???

almost zero sugar intake. all sugar I get is from 1-2 fruits a day like kiwis and maybe a little from the protein shake I drink. I eat like 20gr of bread a day (two very small pieces, barely any cals or carbs) made of some cereals and dark wheat. E2 levels have not been checked. no diabetes in my family.
last time i had pizza was in 11 december. I have been very, very strict on my diet, carbs are kept below 50gr, I think 30-40gr. I just ate that cheese today and now I see my belly is bulging more than the days before, also looking more fat on the waist. bloat or whatever the fck it is, no idea.

Last edited:
almost zero sugar intake. all sugar I get is from 1-2 fruits a day like kiwis and maybe a little from the protein shake I drink. I eat like 20gr of bread a day (two very small pieces, barely any cals or carbs) made of some cereals and dark wheat. E2 levels have not been checked. no diabetes in my family.
last time i had pizza was in 11 december. I have been very, very strict on my diet, carbs are kept below 50gr, I think 30-40gr. I just ate that cheese today and now I see my belly is bulging more than the days before, also looking more fat on the waist. bloat or whatever the fck it is, no idea.
if the bloating is temp then your ok but its its prolonge just stay away from cottage cheese and you better do more situps :)

If the last pizza I ate was in 11 December and in 30 December I ate 2 big macs with fries and starting the day after I did 3 days of keto/mct/500kcal a day diet, erasing the previous kcal surplus , should I order pizza and eat now? I'm quite thinking about it. Or should I wait till the end of the month. Just need some advice. I always feel I need advice when cheating. Please advise ASAP, my stomach and mind are fighting. Is this still considered a valid and safe a pizza a month cheat? Or the burgers i did on 30 dec should make me wait more?

Last edited:
If the last pizza I ate was in 11 December and in 30 December I ate 2 big macs with fries and after that I did 3 days of keto/mct/500kcal a day diet, erasing the previous kcal surplus , should I order pizza and eat now? I'm quite thinking about it. Or should I wait till the end of the month. Just need some advice. I always feel I need advice when cheating. Please advise ASAP, my stomach and mind are fighting.

just have a diet coke with it and youll be fine.
and dont forget that the Spirit must master the Body.

just have a diet coke with it and youll be fine.
and dont forget that the Spirit must master the Body.

I don't need any drinks, just the pizza. So you recommend I go for it, considering what I said? Last confirmation button needs to be pressed before launch. lol

I don't need any drinks, just the pizza. So you recommend I go for it, considering what I said? Last confirmation button needs to be pressed before launch. lol

its all about your diet management, did you achieve your goals for this week, this day?

lunch? I thought you said you lived in Romania, its 9:20 pm there now, you mean dinner. and does Dominos pizza deliver at this time there?

It's 10:33 PM, yes they deliver, i did keep my diet and did my training for close to a month now. Also, is it a better idea to transform this cheat into a non-cheat by just eating the pizza tommorrow and nothing else for the whole day? I mean it will fit my macros mostly, with just a 500-800 kcal surplus and will count as a carb load (and fat load lol) with fair amounts of protein since it contains meats.

If I eat it tommorrow I will be covering my 1700 kcal per day BMR + a surplus, so the damage will be minimal if at all, this advantage is obvious and I will also do 1 hour of cardio to further minimize. If I eat it today, the kcal surplus will be around 2500 kcal, so huge disadvantage.

What's the better approach? I want the least amount of consequences from this.

Last edited:
It's 10:33 PM, yes they deliver, i did keep my diet and did my training for close to a month now. Also, is it a better idea to transform this cheat into a non-cheat by just eating the pizza tommorrow and nothing else for the whole day? I mean it will fit my macros mostly, with just a 500-800 kcal surplus and will count as a carb load (and fat load lol) with fair amounts of protein since it contains meats.

If I eat it tommorrow I will be covering my 1700 kcal per day BMR + a surplus, so the damage will be minimal if at all, this advantage is obvious and I will also do 1 hour of cardio to further minimize. If I eat it today, the kcal surplus will be around 2500 kcal, so huge disadvantage.

What's the better approach? I want the least amount of consequences from this.

when in doubt, eat the damn pizza.

when in doubt, eat the damn pizza.

Lol but seriously, you should also be quite knowledgeable, tell me why the second scenario isnt 100% better than the first (eating it today). Fat loss is math, the calculations are telling me that tommorrow is the best because I will have minimal kcal surplus impact. The body will be able to use more than half of the pizza throughout the day with no fat gain. This won't make a difference?

Last edited:

Yep. Once a month its definitely harmless. I also minimize surplus of kcals by just eating it and nothing else in a whole day. Smart non-cheating. The rest of the excess cals are burnt in 3 days and i'm back to baseline after. This is absolutely good. There will be no fat gain at all, just some bloating/water whichi will go off in few days.

Ended up eating just half of it. Will not eat more.

Last edited:
You and your damn pizza i swear. If you worried as much about your workouts as you did pizza you would be making better gainz lol

You and your damn pizza i swear. If you worried as much about your workouts as you did pizza you would be making better gainz lol

You're funny. I'm making progress and training each day for a month like a soldier and keeping my diet like a fanatic and i can't think about eating pizza once in a while?
I don't need to worry about my diet or workouts. They're more than adequate. That was the point of the whole 30 page thread. And no, I won't be making any gains, I'm cutting?

Last edited:
Back